Activities

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Lorena26
  • 1 Post By IronMamma
  • 1 Post By KCMomma
  • 2 Post By sareymac

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2013, 10:27 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
What kind of activities do you do with your LO?

I'm always looking for something new to do, so i figured it would be nice if we shared our ideas

This morning Gio played around with some paint (i do let him paint on regular paper but this morning i was looking for a non-messy activity so i put paint in a ziploc)

Then we "went" Solo Cup Bowling

^ he really enjoyed that, he loved the destruction

He also plays with his cars, legos, puzzles, etc but i like to throw in a random activity to keep things interesting.
Julka, sugarloafbaby and Meg1227 like this.

May 31st, 2013, 10:37 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean about trying to come up with new things to do. During the week, I only have 2 1/2 hours with him before he goes to bed. That time is mostly spent eating dinner and getting washed. On the weekends he loves to play outside on his ride on toys. As far as inside, he loves to roll/bounce/throw a ball back and forth to me. We have a fairly long hallway and he'll sit at one end, me at the other and he darts after it. Sounds kinda boring but it's easy and not messy! I love the idea of crafts, but I hate the mess!
May 31st, 2013, 02:26 PM
Julka
He likes to "dance" when we put on music He mostly just plays with his toys, though, or we go outside and he looooves picking flowers lol (aka dandelions).
May 31st, 2013, 06:00 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Cute Gio!!

Eve loves music too we'll pop on some music and play around with her toys or racing around the house.
She also looooves to go outside in her walker and zip zoom around

We haven't done painting yet, but I've been thinking about it. Maybe we will try that tonight

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

May 31st, 2013, 09:26 PM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
We started ziploc painting with Drake when he was like 11 months. Cup bowling looks fun! Drake is a music baby. He loves to listen to music and dance with us. We also build towers with his blocks and he loves to knock them down. We play trucks, color and play hide and seek.
ComfortablyMum likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

June 1st, 2013, 02:08 AM
^ hide and seek!! This too and hide & BOO hahaha and the poor lil thing gets frights!

June 1st, 2013, 04:07 AM
IronMamma's Avatar Intactivist
Aww! Evie gets scared? Drake also loves peek a boo!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my perfect siggy

Want to find a calmer way to parent? Please visit here HINTA Hitting Is Never The Answer
Gentle parenting is about guiding instead of controlling,
connecting instead of punishing,
and encouraging instead of demanding.
It's about listening, understanding, responding and communicating.

)O( Peace on Earth begins at Home )O(

June 1st, 2013, 11:30 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lauren, I love the solo cup bowling. TOtally stealing that idea. Look on pinterest, I always find a ton of blogs with activities for kids.

Mason loves being outside - bubbles, chalk, walking or playing on the swing set. When he's at my MIL's she is always doing things with them outside. - playing in the dirt, pushing a shopping cart and collecting things while Paige rides her bike.
Lorena26 likes this.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

June 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
the bowling thing looks awesome Gary would love that. We bought him this HUGE sketch pad thing and we tape the paper to the floor or coffee table and he goes nuts with crayons.
ComfortablyMum and Lorena26 like this.

June 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't do very many structured activities with the girls, they do pretty good playing on their own. They love being outside and pushing carts/cars/anything with wheels, playing with blocks and large toys, reading board books and chasing each other!

Some fun things I have done with them lately though include playing with cotton balls and putting bread ties into a plastic bottle, coloring, playing with chalk, singing/dancing.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

June 1st, 2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMamma View Post
Aww! Evie gets scared? Drake also loves peek a boo!
No, not scared!
Just a wee fright, like you and I get haha.. she looooves it when we play hide and boo!! She goes runnnnnning away (of course holding somebody's hands) squealing and wanting you to chase her

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareymac View Post
the bowling thing looks awesome Gary would love that. We bought him this HUGE sketch pad thing and we tape the paper to the floor or coffee table and he goes nuts with crayons.
That's an idea!!
We just lay the paper on the carpet and she goes nuts down there LOL
Thankfully they're crayons that don't mark the carpet if she slips

June 7th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ooh Nathan would love the solo cup bowling! we build towers with blocks and let him knock them down - he gets such a kick out of it (the best is when my 4yo offers to make towers for him to knock down - very cute!)
Nathan is really big into colouring. probably because my daughter loves to colour and he wants to be just like her. When she colours my hubby will get another colouring book for him and he goes nuts.
I might try ziplock painting with him too, never thought of that.

Now that the weather is nice we do a bunch of outdoor stuff, sidewalk chalk, park, bubbles. He LOVES our water table. Sand table too but especially the water table. He also loves to push a baby in the toy stroller so we go for "walks" with the baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search