Well.. I'm pregnant (Don't post on FaceBook please!)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Twirlbird
  • 1 Post By katiep726
  • 1 Post By nartist

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so not ready. For so many reasons. I hoped to have a slightly larger house and a better car and lose more weight. I've lost a lot, but still not at my pre-pregnancy weight, which could hurt my chances of a successful VBAC. I prayed and prayed and prayed to have a baby after I miscarried, but now that I have a very clingy 18 month old, I'm not sure I'm ready to have another baby since she is still kind of a baby herself. At the very least, I wanted her weaned and potty trained, and obviously she is neither. I'm not ready so much that when I saw that positive, I just kind of went into mental break down. DH is thrilled, but I'm just not that excited yet.. I'm nervous thinking about what it's going to take to get her here. I had a csection with Lily and have a surgery phobia thanks to some medical stuff I went through when I was very small. Thinking about doing that again made me really nervous and that was before I got pregnant. I really hope I can do a vbac. Everyone else around me who knows is super excited for me and I have to put on a happy face for them inside I'm just kind of "What the heck am I going to do?" Moms with more than 1, how do you do it?? I know it's never possible to feel completely ready for a baby, but right now, I'm just scared.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

June 14th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Right now, with an 18 month old and a 2 month old, I go non stop. Its not a bad nonstop though. Mia is high needs, and Henry is a cuddle blob. Sometimes I want to run away screaming and other times, I'm having the time of my life. Its still pretty chaotic, but its getting better. I never intended on getting pregnant, and spent my pregnancy alternating between being happy and not wanting to be pregnant.

Its a big adjustment, but the best
SkyBaby likes this.
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon
June 14th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Right now, with an 18 month old and a 2 month old, I go non stop. Its not a bad nonstop though. Mia is high needs, and Henry is a cuddle blob. Sometimes I want to run away screaming and other times, I'm having the time of my life. Its still pretty chaotic, but its getting better. I never intended on getting pregnant, and spent my pregnancy alternating between being happy and not wanting to be pregnant.

June 14th, 2013, 04:43 PM

June 15th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks Cate.. I am still nervous, but I'm feeling a little better. I do already alternate between feeling ready and not feeling ready.

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

June 17th, 2013, 10:39 AM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Congratulations! Mine is coming soon and I still feel that way. I'm not a big fan of this age difference but it seems to be the time my body likes to get pregnant LOL

June 19th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm still nervous and all the nerves I feel aren't exactly helping my morning sickness lol.

June 26th, 2013, 09:22 AM
You still have many months to adapt to it so don't worry about how you feel now.

Also keep in mind that she will be 2 when baby comes which for many is ideal. Every day that Mia has more words is an easier day.

July 1st, 2013, 05:38 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi!! I know I haven't been on here in forever, but congrats! We're going to be actively trying later this month, and I already alternate between feeling ready and thinking how in the world am I going to do that?!

But on the plus side, just think how close Lily and her sibling will be. That's what makes me want one more than anything, I want Carter to have someone to play with. Also, she will be what 7 months older than she is now when the new baby arrives? Think how much they grow, learn, and change in 7 months! I feel like no age difference is going to be easy, so I may as well do it now!
SkyBaby likes this.

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
July 1st, 2013, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiep726 View Post
Hi!! I know I haven't been on here in forever, but congrats! We're going to be actively trying later this month, and I already alternate between feeling ready and thinking how in the world am I going to do that?!

But on the plus side, just think how close Lily and her sibling will be. That's what makes me want one more than anything, I want Carter to have someone to play with. Also, she will be what 7 months older than she is now when the new baby arrives? Think how much they grow, learn, and change in 7 months! I feel like no age difference is going to be easy, so I may as well do it now!
În the weeks since I posted this, I'm getting used to the news. I'm still nervous, but I guess I'd be nervous no matter when lol. Sometimes I feel excited and sometimes I wonder how I'm going to deal with this, but that's life. Lily is changing so fast. Every day, she learns something new. I told her she has a sibling on the way, but I don't think she quite gets it lol. She will eventually. I am hoping her and this baby have a close bond. I didnt start getting close to my siblings because of our age differences until after I moved out and now we're best friends.

July 6th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Veteran
It will get easier, I promise! When I found out I was pregnant with my third I was terrified because I had pretty bad anxiety. I truly believe God gave me my baby to take that away because I haven't had a single problem with it since! I am now pregnant with #5 and while we weren't planning on him/her we know that every child is a blessing. Hubby and I don't get many date nights because I breastfeed and our kids are super clingy so we were trying to not get pregnant so we could celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary in March. I'm due in January so that's out the window. BUT, my kids are incredibly close and they LOVE having so many siblings. All my babies are about 2 years apart. Lily and this baby are going to be the closest but she's weaning and sleeping through the night WAY sooner than my others plus she's potty trained so I'm not too worried.
July 9th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My Lily still nurses for comfort at night and in the morning. It's still the best way to calm her down if she is super scared or in pain from something. I'm hoping I can tandem nurse this baby and Lily. Nurse this baby first so this baby gets the bulk of my milk and Lily gets the left overs lol. Between Lily and the baby, I'm hoping the constant demand will keep my supply up. I'm still nervous, but starting to get kind of excited, too. I'm mostly just really hoping this baby is mellow and easy going lol.

July 11th, 2013, 04:33 AM
katiep726's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe you're still nursing!! That's awesome. I really hope I can do it longer with number 2 ( whenever they decide to come ).

I feel like everyone around me has just had a baby or preggo and its making the baby fever even worse! Lol! Do you know anyone with small babies? We have a friend with a 2 month old and a neighbor with a 2 week old so I've been getting carter to say hi to any baby I can! Now he goes to them himself and says awwww and sometimes tute (cute). I'm hoping we can get his paci taken away and at least started on potty training before having another, but right now he doesn't understand that at all. We did have to transition him to a toddler bed this past week because he started climbing out of his crib! Wasn't planning on doing it this soon but glad we have now and it's actually been pretty easy!

Sorry I made this all about me . Good luck with everything!! Hope you have a great pregnancy

Thank you Vicki... For the adorable siggy!
July 12th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiep726 View Post
I can't believe you're still nursing!! That's awesome. I really hope I can do it longer with number 2 ( whenever they decide to come ).

I feel like everyone around me has just had a baby or preggo and its making the baby fever even worse! Lol! Do you know anyone with small babies? We have a friend with a 2 month old and a neighbor with a 2 week old so I've been getting carter to say hi to any baby I can! Now he goes to them himself and says awwww and sometimes tute (cute). I'm hoping we can get his paci taken away and at least started on potty training before having another, but right now he doesn't understand that at all. We did have to transition him to a toddler bed this past week because he started climbing out of his crib! Wasn't planning on doing it this soon but glad we have now and it's actually been pretty easy!

Sorry I made this all about me . Good luck with everything!! Hope you have a great pregnancy
I didnt think I could, considering nursing wasn't off to a good start with her. She didnt nurse until she was nearly 3 weeks old. I think she's trying to more than make up for that time lol.

On Facebook a few friends and a cousin have had babies in the last few months. There are people at church who have very new babies, too. Lily doesn't encounter babies or other kids very often, as she doesn't go to the nursery anymore and hasn't in a few months. I'm not sure how she would react to this baby. The few times I do hold one of my friend's babies for a minute at church she gets totally jealous lol. I hope she does well around the new baby and doesn't feel forgotten or anything. I'm kinda worried about that because of how she is.

Lol thats fine! Carter's reaction to babies sounds adorable! Thanks so much! I'm doing ok so far. I've thrown up several times, but not near as bad as with Lily.

July 31st, 2013, 10:19 AM
Aidan~N~Haileys Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well Congrats hun!! I never was nervous either time I was pregnant, when I found out I was pregnant with Hailey I was ecstatic, and prayed for a girl but Aidan was already a little over 2 and working on being potty trained so Hailey and Aidan are 3 years apart so it was easier! I can understand your nervous, but as the other ladies said as the time goes on you'll be less nervous and more excited!! Sometimes it takes longer, my friend is going through the same thing, she's pregnant with her third and it wasn't planned, but she's getting more and more excited! Just vent to use whenever you need to

August 1st, 2013, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan~N~Haileys Mama View Post
Well Congrats hun!! I never was nervous either time I was pregnant, when I found out I was pregnant with Hailey I was ecstatic, and prayed for a girl but Aidan was already a little over 2 and working on being potty trained so Hailey and Aidan are 3 years apart so it was easier! I can understand your nervous, but as the other ladies said as the time goes on you'll be less nervous and more excited!! Sometimes it takes longer, my friend is going through the same thing, she's pregnant with her third and it wasn't planned, but she's getting more and more excited! Just vent to use whenever you need to
Thank you! I'm excited yeah, but still kind of nervous. I'm starting to get the little flutters and jabs. I'm mostly just excited to stop throwing up lol.

September 29th, 2013, 04:35 PM
maybethistime's Avatar Super Mommy
OH my goodness, I haven't checked this thread in forever! It's so nice that it is still up and running! Congrats on the pregnancy SkyBaby. I'm pregnant too, due March 3, but will probably have another C-section end of February. My pregnancy wasn't planned either, as my OBGYN told me that my last baby was a bit of a miracle and that my odds of having another baby were nil. I go between being super excited to being super freaked out. This will be our third. Caleb is now 6, Dax will be 2 Nov 3. I'm still waiting for that bigger house, the Honda Pilot and more money in the bank, but it looks like it's not going to happen by February, lol.
Two years apart seems so hectic to me, but lots of people do it, so it can't be that bad.... right? Good luck with the pregnancy and if you end up with a planned C-section it is much much easier than a C-section after labour. I am also super scared of needles and things like that, and my heart starts beating like crazy just thinking about such things, but the thought of holding that baby shortly after surgery somehow makes it all worth it
2009/09/07 - Angel #1
2010/05/18 - Angel #2
DS born 2011
Baby #3 EDD March 3, 2014

October 3rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybethistime View Post
OH my goodness, I haven't checked this thread in forever! It's so nice that it is still up and running! Congrats on the pregnancy SkyBaby. I'm pregnant too, due March 3, but will probably have another C-section end of February. My pregnancy wasn't planned either, as my OBGYN told me that my last baby was a bit of a miracle and that my odds of having another baby were nil. I go between being super excited to being super freaked out. This will be our third. Caleb is now 6, Dax will be 2 Nov 3. I'm still waiting for that bigger house, the Honda Pilot and more money in the bank, but it looks like it's not going to happen by February, lol.
Two years apart seems so hectic to me, but lots of people do it, so it can't be that bad.... right? Good luck with the pregnancy and if you end up with a planned C-section it is much much easier than a C-section after labour. I am also super scared of needles and things like that, and my heart starts beating like crazy just thinking about such things, but the thought of holding that baby shortly after surgery somehow makes it all worth it
Thanks! With DD, I had a Csection after 44 hours of labor. I am going to try again, but this time, not labor near as long if its obvious it's not working lol. We too need a bigger house and bigger car neither of which will happen within the next couple of years let alone by February lol. I'm getting more excited but still dreading the csection. That was the biggest disappointment of my experience with DD. I didn't see her until she was nearly 2 hours old even though there wasn't a thing wrong with either of us. I had the baby blues. Not full blown ppd, but it still wasn't easy. I'm just holding onto the hope this baby will be much easier both in having him and after he's born lol. The thought of 2 years apart didnt seem bad in theory, but with the challenges we faced with DD, I was really hoping we would wait another year or two, but we're here now.

October 9th, 2013, 08:30 PM
nartist's Avatar baby2
wow i havent been on here in so long and it seems like everyone is preggo again! Thats really exciting! i dont have any news like that as i have the only two i wanted. glad to see everyone is doing well and having more beautiful babies. stay well and stay positive everything always works out in the end even if its hard now.
MyFantasticFour likes this.

Thanks KILIKI for my siggy!
October 10th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by nartist View Post
wow i havent been on here in so long and it seems like everyone is preggo again! Thats really exciting! i dont have any news like that as i have the only two i wanted. glad to see everyone is doing well and having more beautiful babies. stay well and stay positive everything always works out in the end even if its hard now.
Thanks! I am finally starting to get more excited over this. I'm still nervous, but I guess that won't really go away completely lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search