Daycare/Preschool

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By jmills1129

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2013, 05:53 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Does your LO attend daycare/preschool? (we call daycare preschool here lol... that apparently confuses some people )
When was their 1st day?
How were they? Did you have to stay long with them, or did they go on their own from the get-go?
How many days/hours per week do they go?
Does their daycare/preschool have webcams you can view online?
What about video cameras so you can look at what has been going on?

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 10th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Julka
No, he stays home with mommy
June 10th, 2013, 05:37 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Does your LO attend daycare/preschool? He goes to a friend who watches him for us.
When was their 1st day? February 2012 i dont remember the exact day whenever my maternity leave was over.
How were they? Did you have to stay long with them, or did they go on their own from the get-go? He was too little to care. Now he loves her. She is awesome with him
How many days/hours per week do they go? 5
Does their daycare/preschool have webcams you can view online? No but we chat all day and she sends me pics
What about video cameras so you can look at what has been going on? no. Im not worried. . . she does an amazing job when i cant. I love her and she loves him! lol She has taught him so much too.
Most people have something negative to say about moms who dont stay home with their kid. . . but we cannot afford to like we could have if my hubby hadn't been laid off when I got pregnant. life is funny that way I guess. I am very defensive over this bc I have been told by people i know, who cant afford to stay home with their little ones and they do, that i should stay home, I can get assistance. I believe I am able enough to work in the long run this will be the best for my family. Also, working for the government our health insurance is free. lol
Snookums likes this.

Happily married to the love of my life, mom of two beautiful babies, Gary & Adalyn

Last edited by sareymac; June 10th, 2013 at 05:39 AM.
June 10th, 2013, 05:37 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your LO attend daycare/preschool? (we call daycare preschool here lol... that apparently confuses some people ) Yes, Cody goes to daycare. He's actually been in three different ones, due to job changes and us moving.
When was their 1st day? I believe when he was 2 months old.
How were they? Did you have to stay long with them, or did they go on their own from the get-go? He did great! I only stayed long enough to inform the staff of a typical day, and how often he should eat, etc.
How many days/hours per week do they go? About 8-9 hours a day, 5 days a week. He did go almost a year without being in daycare - when DH and I separated and I lost my job, he was home with me from 6mos to 15 months.
Does their daycare/preschool have webcams you can view online? No - haven't come across a daycare that has that actually.
What about video cameras so you can look at what has been going on? Don't have those either.
June 11th, 2013, 07:32 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Does your LO attend daycare/preschool? Yes
When was their 1st day? When she was 7 weeks old
How were they? Did you have to stay long with them, or did they go on their own from the get-go? Fine.
How many days/hours per week do they go? 40+ hours a week
Does their daycare/preschool have webcams you can view online? Nope
What about video cameras so you can look at what has been going on? Yes, but mostly for incidents.

June 12th, 2013, 09:46 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My DD goes to preschool, 5 days a week, half days. She loves it.

Mason goes to my mother in law and loves it there! Been there since I came back to work. She often sends us text messages and pictures of them throughout the day and I love that! Love knowing that I can trust 100% where they are!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

June 13th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your LO attend daycare/preschool? yep! Home daycare
When was their 1st day? Jan 2 when I came back to work (I took 2 weeks after mat leave so I could return after Christmas holidays)
How were they? Did you have to stay long with them, or did they go on their own from the get-go? Surprisingly he was ok for a 1 year old! I think it really helped that my DD is there with him so he still knew someone and felt comfortable.
How many days/hours per week do they go? 40+
Does their daycare/preschool have webcams you can view online? no
What about video cameras so you can look at what has been going on? no

the home daycare my kids go to is run by a friend of mine, I've known her since we were 14 (went to high school together and worked at the same place for over 8 years together) so I feel very comfortable with them there. She texts or calls if there is a problem but rarely needs to

June 15th, 2013, 04:50 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Does your LO attend daycare/preschool? Yup

When was their 1st day? 10th June 2013

How were they? Did you have to stay long with them, or did they go on their own from the get-go? The preschool encourages parent(s) to stay for at least an hour each time, for at least four times. We've been once, so I'll go with her again tomorrow but in saying that, she was fine! She wanted to play with everyone but me

How many days/hours per week do they go? Two days a week, 3 hours each day

Does their daycare/preschool have webcams you can view online? No

What about video cameras so you can look at what has been going on? No

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 19th, 2013, 04:56 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Madison gets to stay home with mommy
ComfortablyMum likes this.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: