Yesterday...

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ratladee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
Sooo yesterday when i drop bubs off at gramma's she shows me this thing on her back. i have something similar in my arm pit. . .Its also similar to what was in my vag area (they told me was folliculitis and hot compress till the rupture and go away) which they did. Anyway. . . her back thing is bigger than mine, so she goes to the doctor. He tells her he THINKS its a staph infection. Sends her to have it cut out, since its not open. She tells him about me having something similar and he says send her here. . . SOOOO i go there show him my pit mine was draining though, so he took a culture and said he will have the results PROBABLY by friday. He thinks I have a staph infection also. . . or MRSA even, BUT he is not sure, he says it could just be an infection that can be treated quickly, the reason he cant do anything is bc I am pregnant SO if it is something scary I have to just keep draining the crap and use some wash so it doesnt spread until the baby is out then I can be treated. . .I am crying hysterical from about 9am yesterday til today because I am terrified I am going to die. My friend said that i won't, the doctor said i wont but come on. . .How I can just relax. I am just scared and depressed and i have no idea what to do anymore. . .
PLEASEEEE don't post anything scary about any of these things because I am already terrified lol. thank you!

June 26th, 2013, 01:49 PM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm....

How long have you had it? Or grandma? So odd that both of you have the same thing. What does it look like....a blister?

I know it's scary not knowing AND being pregnant - but you're not gonna die. Hopefully Friday you'll find out and can start treating it the safest way possible.
June 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM
It looks like a boil. From what I have googled. its soooo hard to not worry. im so stressed out.

June 26th, 2013, 03:33 PM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes those are both scary things, however, under the care and watch of a doctor, you can deliver a healthy baby. and then get treated. more people than you think carry staph, and mrsa infections without actually having an active infection. my grandma is a mrsa and staph carrier, she is 87, and has had multiple active infections, just keep an eye on ot, and hopefully it wont be anything serious when you get your results

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
June 26th, 2013, 10:13 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
As your lab tech friend... DON'T WORRY!! Staph is a normal bug you carry. Yes it sucks but even MRSA is easily treatable. Just keep clean, try some probios, which it sounds like you need anyway. Google natural ways to get rid of it if you're dr won't give abx.
ComfortablyMum and sareymac like this.

June 27th, 2013, 01:57 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Awwww your poor G'ma and you! I don't know enough about them to comment, but I hope they go away soon.You can't catch a break huh??

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 27th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
about 2 weeks ago Nathan had a rash of blisters on the backs of his knees, I took him to the doctor and he thought Nate had a staph infection and prescribed antibiotics and a cream.
I went home and googled the crap out of it, and nothing I found really scared me too much. Hopefully you don't have it, but if you do I'm sure you'll be just fine

(oh and Nathan did not have staph, he had hand foot and mouth disease)

June 27th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Thank you everyone. thank you Miranda!!! That makes me feel a lot better!!! I talked to a friend of mine who is a nurse. . . two years ago she had MRSA while pregnant and had it treated and everything was fine! She also assured me I wont die. thanks for the kind words I am SOOOO not the woe is me kinda person but i was getting pretty ***** depressed!

June 28th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We all carry staph naturally. My sister has had issues with staph infections multiple times and hers were always typically in arm pit.She took antibiotics, washed with hibiclens soap(sp?) And used an ointment after they drained it. Because it is contagious, try had those living in same household as het apply the ointment by nose or what have you(didn't I've there at the time so not 100% sure where). Remember to throw away disposable razors after each shave or change the blade. Don't use same blade/razor for armpits that you you use for legs. This was advice they gave her for treating hers. Hope it helps. Please don't stress, you will be just fine! Google is helpful but can be frightening at times so best to avoid it!
July 1st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Did you get the test results??
July 1st, 2013, 01:14 PM
nope. I posted in the ttc board the whole thing LOL if you want to read it.

July 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Ok gotcha
July 2nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Sorry I hope I didnt sound nasty! I just posted in there bc i was talking with the girls from there more about it,

July 2nd, 2013, 02:24 PM
I can't believe your doctor's office. Talk about not having it together! Glad your OB has a clue

And no you didn't sound nasty

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search