Toys

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Snookums
  • 1 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By Julka
  • 1 Post By jmills1129
  • 1 Post By Lorena26
  • 1 Post By ShelleyB80
  • 1 Post By ratladee
  • 1 Post By mBABYe

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 01:09 AM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Do you "upgrade" or replace your LO's toys very often?
What are some of their favourites at the moment?
What did you do with all their baby toys once they had outgrown them?

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

June 27th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We 'upgrade' or replace every so often. What we do more often is only have maybe half their toys out at a time and the other half put away and switch them out every so often so they seem like "new" toys but aren't.

some of Nathan's favourites right now are his stacking cups, mega bloks, ANYTHING with wheels (cars, trucks, etc. - he drives them around the floor) and he LOVES the water table we have in the backyard.
I have to figure out what I want to do with the baby toys. We're done having kids so I need to get rid of them but I don't know anyone pregnant right now. They're mostly packed away with a few things still out (oops!) I'll probably donate them to the local thrift store. My hubby has volunteered there in the past and he's got a special place in his heart for bringing anything we don't need there (we just need to work on figuring out what we 'don't need' a little more often... )
ComfortablyMum likes this.

June 27th, 2013, 06:26 AM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
UGH Mega blocks. . .Gary has wayyy too many and they make suchhh a mess lol. Cars and blocks are his fav.

I packed up the baby toys a while ago and they are in boxes waiting to go in the attic. . .lol at this rate may as well leave them out!

June 27th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Julka
No, we haven't put anything away mainly b/c he didn't really have too many "baby toys", just some rattlers & such. He has a big toy organizer in his room & 2 other play areas w/ his toys. I haven't felt like he has too many things to start putting anything away.

A couple days ago I found a realistic looking toy bus that belonged to my girls and he LOVES it, he saw it and his eyes went HUGE!
June 27th, 2013, 09:23 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I put her baby toys in storage. And the rest are just split up in different rooms. Her favorites right now are her rocking horse, the remote, spatulas from the kitchen, and sticks and rocks. The only upgrading we do is if someone gets her something, she has enough and doesn't really okay with toys, so I don't buy them for her.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
June 27th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
Do you "upgrade" or replace your LO's toys very often? I switch them out/rotate them occasionally
What are some of their favourites at the moment? he likes his train set and puzzles
What did you do with all their baby toys once they had outgrown them? they're put away at the moment

June 28th, 2013, 06:51 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now Cody's favorite is his water table which we keep outside on the deck. MIL got it for him. Only problem is big sis plays with it too, and they fight over it constantly. He also loves anything he can push, like a toy vacuum. Ride on toys work great, too - unless of course (again!) his big sis wants to ride on it. Then it's a screaming match.

I've held onto the smaller toys because they're great for the crib when I need a shower and I need Cody to be safe....but also occupied.
June 28th, 2013, 12:31 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Do you "upgrade" or replace your LO's toys very often? No, there is no use putting them away because Caleb will need them soon.
What are some of their favourites at the moment? Her books. I think she doesn't play with 95% of the junk she has.
What did you do with all their baby toys once they had outgrown them? They are still sitting around.

June 28th, 2013, 02:54 PM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
Do you "upgrade" or replace your LO's toys very often? Oh yes, I swap them often. We have tonsssss of stuff that we rotate. These kids are freakin spoiled by our family and friends. & everyone buys two of everything now so it's like AHHHHHHH. LOL!! Thankfully we have a pretty large playroom and they have their own rooms so there's plenty of space. Some things that I like to keep away all the time until use are the Legos, Lincoln Logs, GeoTrax train set, etc... things that have 100 bajillion pieces basically. LOL

What are some of their favorites at the moment? We bought them these large blocks (like 12"x 6"x 6") and it is definitely his favorite right now! He can stack them taller than him! He also likes to set them up all over the room and sets of 2 and then they run around them and through them like a maze. (That's what big brother calls it.) They have these 2 large dumptruck & digger that they LOVE to play with together. They chase each other, scoop up blocks, build tall towers and then crash them down. He has a "computer" that teaches your ABCs that is his FAV car toy! & he is obsessed with pushing the 'J' and we all love that. LOL. Now for outside... his favorite is the SANDBOX! They have another set of dumptrucks, diggers, etc... that they play with there. (much smaller) They have been known to sit in that sandbox for an hour+. They love it.

What did you do with all their baby toys once they had outgrown them? We have sooooo many friends pregnant right now or just had a baby in the last couple months. We have so much that I split it all up between everyone and then bring them all their boxes. I do that every couple months. The only thing I kept were a few fav accesories.. like the bar that goes on the infant carseat, the activity mat, etc.. no like actual "toys"

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

June 29th, 2013, 06:33 PM
ComfortablyMum's Avatar <3 Mummy 2 Eve <3
Do you "upgrade" or replace your LO's toys very often? Not overly, just change them up every so often so they become like "new" toys lol. We do get given a load by my friends with older kids, and her Grandies spoil her too
What are some of their favourites at the moment? My recorder from when I was younger and a load of her other musical toys. She loooves music
What did you do with all their baby toys once they had outgrown them? I've kept my favourites and given the excess to pregnant friends

Eve Alexandra Mae | 18 Months

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search