Fireworks

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 2nd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you buy fireworks?

If so, what type? Do you think your LO will like them?

Does your area allow fireworks?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

July 3rd, 2013, 12:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've never been a fan of fireworks of any kind so I never buy them. and rarely ever go to see the big shows because I HATE large crowds.
The town I'm in doesn't allow them to be sold but the town next to mine does.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

July 3rd, 2013, 01:49 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Neely usually does buy them, but he's been working so much that he hasn't bought any this year. We'll go see them in the next town, though.
July 3rd, 2013, 01:54 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't buy any because I don't really care for them. I'm not a fan of sudden loud noises. it bothers my anxiety disorder. They are legal here but I don't think that there are too many kids/young people around us so it's not too bad.

July 4th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I would love to buy fireworks but our apartment complex doesn't allow us to do them on the property so no need to buy them. I think Kynslee would love holding a sparkler.

I think Kynslee will enjoy the fireworks. She did last year and I think she will again this year - except for maybe the loud whistling ones they shoot from the ground.

Our area allows them but only on the 4th. If you get caught shooting them any other time it's a huge fine. It's been dry here so they are discouraging many of them except for the big displays that are put on.

July 5th, 2013, 11:06 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a ton of them sitting on our top shelf but never use them lol. I don't think we are supposed to set them off here but people do all the time because we live out in the middle of nowhere (so no one is going to do anything about it if you do set them off)

I like them, but I like to sit back and actually watch them (not chase kids all over the place) so we haven't gone to see any in years.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We go to the fireworks every year
We also make our own huge fireworks show almost every year. Fireworks are allowed/sold around here but *cough* there's a slight possibility we get ours from MO which are much much larger than what is legal here

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

July 13th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixana View Post
We go to the fireworks every year
We also make our own huge fireworks show almost every year. Fireworks are allowed/sold around here but *cough* there's a slight possibility we get ours from MO which are much much larger than what is legal here
How fun to do your own fireworks show also! We use to buy some every year in TX as my parents lived in the country and were allowed there. It was great as it was very open and you could see them so well. I miss doing that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search