Birthday Parties

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Ahari
  • 1 Post By mom2more
  • 1 Post By mandy5586

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know we have a bunch of birthdays coming up so are you planning a party? Do you have a theme? What type of food and games are you thinking about?

For those that have already celebrated what did you do? Share some pics with us!

July 13th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Just a small family party combined with Daniel's 8th birthday. We do it in between their birthdays, which are one month a part.
July 14th, 2013, 10:53 AM
GoldenTickets's Avatar Super Mommy
We are just inviting family, but since we'll be inviting our aunts/uncles too it may get a little busy! Anywhere between 11-20 I think. But other than that it'll be low-key. Pizza and a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake.... I'm not getting fancy or buying any decorations.

E: 8/18/11
July 14th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Mummy to great girls
Just a small family gathering this year. Bubs #2 is coming out 1 week before Zoe's 2nd birthday so we wont have time for a party. We will have a BIG one next year for their combined 1st and 3rd birthdays.

July 15th, 2013, 09:47 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think we will probably just do a small family thing and then have cake to celebrate while we are camping.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Not exactly sure. I'm thinking of doing lady bug theme or maybe owl theme. Last year we had 2 smaller parties. One at church with our friends there and then a family one at the park. Thinking may do the same thing this year.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
July 17th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Holly, I just realized that Nara's birthday passed. I was thinking it was at the end of the month until I read your siggy. Did you do anything special? What gifts? Any pics?

And.... Happy Belated Birthday Nara!!!
July 22nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We just did DS's birthday this weekend because DH has to work on his actual birthday. We invited the grandparents and DH's 2 sisters and just did a BBQ in our backyard. We put up some balloons and stuck a couple of "Cars" decals we got from the $ store to the side of our garage. It was simple but everyone had a good time.

July 22nd, 2013, 12:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
not having a party. will just do something small for him.
July 22nd, 2013, 01:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
No party here this year. I think we're just going to go to the zoo that day.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

July 25th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Ahari's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just having family maybe 12 people? its sesame street themed and im treating it like a real bday party bc he had none last year. Ordered the cutest sesame street cake too.
AniLand and momie2b9-20-11 like this.

August 25th, 2013, 05:52 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last year we had a huge 1st birthday party at the park district's gym. Got an inflatable slide/jumpy and had probably near 50 close friends and family. This year was a lot smaller. About 20 people at our house. It was gorgeous outside so we set up tables and chairs on our patio and had the pool and hot tub open. Also had our little guys water table, sandbox, and climbers up for all the little kids. It was a great time. We did a train theme. I didn't do a lot of decorations, just a few. And me and my sd made the cupcakes and frosted them green and drew brown train tracks on them. We also made train shaped chocolates with a mold and put one on each cupcake. It was a lot of fun!
AniLand likes this.

August 26th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2more View Post
Last year we had a huge 1st birthday party at the park district's gym. Got an inflatable slide/jumpy and had probably near 50 close friends and family. This year was a lot smaller. About 20 people at our house. It was gorgeous outside so we set up tables and chairs on our patio and had the pool and hot tub open. Also had our little guys water table, sandbox, and climbers up for all the little kids. It was a great time. We did a train theme. I didn't do a lot of decorations, just a few. And me and my sd made the cupcakes and frosted them green and drew brown train tracks on them. We also made train shaped chocolates with a mold and put one on each cupcake. It was a lot of fun!
I love the train idea. Will is all into trains right now. His birthday has passed, but I might do those cupcakes for him, just for fun!

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
September 6th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We are going with an owl theme. I think Kynslee is the youngest here on this board (at least now). Her b-day is the 21st but we will be camping that day so we will have her party on the 14th. It's at a local park and I'm doing hand-made decor. I found a pinata at a thrift store for $.99 so we will have that for the kids. It's not a big party as we don't have tons of family but will still be fun.

Here is a link to the cake I want to try and make: Cute Owl Cake Recipe
September 15th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We had a Minnie party at the park. Lots of fun.
momie2b9-20-11 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search