Cribs or toddler beds?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2013, 11:51 AM
E Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Who all is still in cribs, and who has switched to a toddler bed?

E turns 2 next month, but is still in a crib. He is making absolutely no attempts to get out of the crib, so we're in no rush to move up! When he wakes up in the morning he actually just hangs out in bed talking to himself and playing with his musical toys until we drag ourselves out of bed. (This can last for an hour!) His crib converts to a toddler bed, so it'll be an easy switch when we do move up.

July 14th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Mummy to great girls
We have both in her room and she uses both. We start off in the toddler bed (just put up a week ago) reading stories and when she gets sleepy, we transfer her to the crib. We are doing things slowly :-) She does not attempt to climb out of her crib either and stays in there playing in the morning until we get her so going into a bed wont be a problem. We might take the step and leave her in the bed next week and see how she reacts.

July 15th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Mine started climbing out around 18mths, and I switched shortly afterward. I hate toddler beds. I wish they were still in cribs lol.
July 15th, 2013, 10:46 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Dominic is still in his crib. I found a toddler bed I'm going to get him though so hopefully by next week he will be in that.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Toddler bed for Keelan. He kept climbing out of the crib.
July 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee also enjoys hanging out in her crib so we are not switching her any time soon (unless she starts climbing out). It's so nice to just relax in the morning and wake up slowly and hear Kynslee playing and talking to herself. She likes climbing on other things but has never tried to get out of her crib - it's her special little place to play & sleep
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

July 15th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Crib, as long as humanly possible. Though she totally doesn't "just hang out" in there. She wakes up and screams her head off at me.
Though it could have something go do with being two feet away

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

July 16th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Will is still in his crib. He is an active sleeper so when we move him to a bed I'm sure he will fall out of it dozens of times before he figures it out. Plus he will be way too much of an explorer with all the unconfined freedom! So I plan to keep him in the crib for a while yet.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
July 16th, 2013, 08:00 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My bed. LOL I plan on working on his toddler bed when we get home from Wisco. I don't know how well it's going to go and I am debating whether or not to just put it in our room to start. I just worry that once the baby comes they will be waking each other (and subsequently me) all the time.

Make a pregnancy ticker

July 16th, 2013, 08:50 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixana View Post
Crib, as long as humanly possible. Though she totally doesn't "just hang out" in there. She wakes up and screams her head off at me.
Though it could have something go do with being two feet away
LOL this is totally Dominic. He has never once in his life woken up and just hung out in there. Just screaming, and more screaming. Or calling MOMMY! OUT!!! MOMMY!!! OUT NOW!!!

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
July 19th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AniLand View Post
Will is still in his crib. He is an active sleeper so when we move him to a bed I'm sure he will fall out of it dozens of times before he figures it out. Plus he will be way too much of an explorer with all the unconfined freedom! So I plan to keep him in the crib for a while yet.
This is E too! He moves around so much in bed... sometimes we find him leaning completely against the sides of the crib! We don't even bother using a blanket. It would just get all tangled!

July 22nd, 2013, 12:09 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DS is still in his crib, although we bought him a twin mattress and bedding set when we moved and debated putting him in a big bed. He seems happy in his crib though for now so we're leaving him there for a bit longer.

July 22nd, 2013, 02:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Alex is in a toddler bed and has been for several months. It was always set on the lowest possible so the day she climbed out the first time I took the crib apart.
She does much better than I thought she would with it actually.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

July 24th, 2013, 06:48 AM
E has his check up in a few weeks... assuming he is still content in the crib, it'll be interesting to see what the pediatrician says about the transition to the toddler bed. My friend's ped told her son to transition to the toddler bed. Her son was on a mattress on the floor at that point, but she got the impression that the doctor was saying it simply because her son was 2 and it was time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search