Terrible Two's

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2013, 02:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Has your LO started the "Terrible Two's"?

If so, how are you handling it?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

August 1st, 2013, 04:51 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Oh my gosh, yes. It feels like we've been in this phase forever now.

Beau is defiant in tons of way, but the biggest issue is with him refusing to follow and walk with us when we're out and about somewhere. He always wants to walk off in his own direction. There's absolutely no way to make him come with us other than just picking him up. And then he'll thrash and kick, and I'm pretty heavily pregnant right now, so sometimes it's all I can do just to hold on to him!

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
August 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, Dominic is a handful. He always has been though. Has he gotten worse? YES sadly. He has started hitting, and hair pulling again, telling me to shut up, just trying to get control over most situations, pushing buttons. He is basically just seeing what he can get away with.

Right now we are doing time outs again. As long as I am consistent they do seem to be helping and his behavior is improving. I would think we will be struggling for a while though

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
August 2nd, 2013, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So far I don't think so. I mean he has his moments but nothing that I would call the terrible 2's.
August 4th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think so. Some days it's worse than others. But lately she's been soo moody. I really think this child has toddler pms - lol!!!
And she has just been a brat and seeing what all she can get away with. She has always been a very busy child and into everything and doing things she shouldn't but it's worse now and she does it on purpose. I also agree with the walking off in own direction and then throwing mini fit when pick her up - sigh Some days it seems every little thing around the house that happens sends her stomping off whining.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

August 4th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Mummy to great girls
Not so much here I don't think. She can have a moment of being upset if something wont work her way but generally she is pretty calm and happy ...... for now :-)

August 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Definitely. Like since 18 months or even earlier. We're doing lots of redirection right now. Playing with the idea of time outs.
August 5th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Will has been a little fussy the last week or so, but he has a cold and also I went back to work. So I think he's just going through an adjustment period. And even at that, he's not that bad. He's actually the best kid I've ever met.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
August 6th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I "thought" she had been terrible for a while now... That was until she turned 2 and she's been showing me the meaning of terrible.

Mostly redirecting when I can, ignoring her tantrum until she calms down, trying to talk to her when she's starting to get upset.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

August 9th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes, I pray and drink (jk a little), from experience this phase should only last two years

Lucky mother to five!

August 25th, 2013, 06:47 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For a while my little guy has been into everything. He climbs on anything he can and seems to outsmart most childproof stuff around here. Climbed gates, figured out cabinet latches, etc. The other day he put a stool up to the cabinets and tried reaching the crackers he likes. I caught him before he could get them.

He tries to hit his 10 year old brother often as well. And when hubby is home from work he tries to yell for everything he wants.

I do time-outs and redirection a lot. And I don't know if this is quite the terrible 2's though. I feel like it could be way worse.

August 25th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I LOVE this age (please note the serious sarcasm in my typing). There are so many good things about 2. The things they say now is hilarious. They're growing so much, and I like that they can tell me what they want, etc. However, most of the time I just get screamed at. Silas is a handful. he takes fits about every.bloody.thing. His fits aren't just fits, they are meltdowns. Nothing I try to do to calm him down works, and usually just pisses him off more. Ayla is fairly good, but she has been super clingy and whiny the last little while. Like I can't get anything done without her attached to my leg or asking me to pick her up.

Silas is a good kid, and it has been getting better the last few days, but I have had a hard time with him the last few months.

Sleep.....the elusive sleep. That has been super fun too. My kids do not sleep. For the last month they have gone to bed...okayish. However, they wake up at 12, and then stay up freaking out until 3, and then are up again at 6. It has been very hard, and I was almost ready to check into the mental hospital for a 3 day vacation and all the drugs I want at my disposal, but they seemed to have calmed down. I think they don't want naps anymore. *knock on wood" but last night they both slept through, and tonight they haven't gotten up (yet), and yesterday and today they didn't nap. They do nap at daycare though.
October 15th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Crunchymommy's Avatar Mama of 3 beautiful girls
Send a message via AIM to Crunchymommy Send a message via MSN to Crunchymommy Send a message via Yahoo to Crunchymommy
Yes! She throws things, hits, screams and throws herself in the floor. It's hard to deal with, I try to calm her down the best I can.

Thanks to *Sharon* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search