ER Visit on Friday....

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2013, 07:02 PM
E Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
We had our first (and hopefully last!) ER visit with E on Friday night.... We were at a birthday party, and the table was a high top. E was strapped in a booster at the table eating his dinner. (The booster was also strapped to the chair) In general, when E is done eating he will push his plate away and then push himself away from the table. Well, this didn't work out so well and the whole chair tipped backwards... with him in it.

Luckily, the chair was right in front of the living room, so the back of his head hit carpet. DH picked him up, and E proceeded to vomit all over him. And he was crying, of course. A lot. We cleaned him up, and a few minutes letter he was still screaming, so we left and started driving home. While he normally bounces back fairly quickly after falls (and believe me, he's had many bruise-inducing falls), he just wasn't bouncing back this time. He kept whimpering (not whining, but actually whimpering... I'd never heard him whimper before). He vomited a second time, and at that point we decided to go to the ER. Luckily Children's Hospital has an ER less than 15 minutes away from our house, so we headed there. In those 15 minutes, he projectile vomited two more times. Then he started falling asleep, so we kept him awake. By the time we got to the ER he had stopped crying/whimpering and was just silent. It took about 1-2 hours to get a room, and then we waited for a bit in the room itself too. By that time, E was basically his normal self. The hospital gave him some toys to play with, and put a DVD in, so it helped to pass the time.

We went ahead and got a CT scan, and everything was fine. He did awesome. He wasn't scared at all and stayed still enough to get the pictures they needed. We left around midnight, over 4 hours after arriving. The next morning he was whimpering again and kept gagging like he was going to vomit. But after getting some food in his belly he was just fine and there have been no further issues!

August 6th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
How scary, yet SO glad that he is okay!!! It sounds like he may have had a mild concussion since he was vomiting. Glad that you got him checked out and everything turned out fine.
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
August 6th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my, that is beyond scary. That's downright terrifying. How's he doing today?

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
August 6th, 2013, 08:05 PM
E Mama's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah Ashley... something was definitely going on. After the first vomit we were concerned, but thought it could've been due to the stress of falling/crying. After the second, we knew we had to bring him to the hospital.

Ani, he's doing great! Completely back to normal!

Of course, today he fell outside, as he was stepping onto our patio. He fell face first into our new lounge chair. I don't know how he did it, but he scraped the skin above his eye (between the eyebrow and eyeball. Didn't hurt his eye at all) All the screws on the chair are covered with plastic caps, so the only thing I can figure is he fell right on the metal "label." Ugh! We monitored it for several hours, but it clotted well and wasn't affecting his demeanor and didn't seem to affect his vision. I know E is uncoordinated, but I think he is going to be one clumsy boy! We may get to know the Urgent Care really well!

August 6th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How scary! Glad he's doing ok now!!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my siggy.

August 8th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
How scary! I'm glad he's OK!
August 12th, 2013, 07:18 AM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes mama. Glad he is ok!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker