Rice Cereal

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you guys help refresh my memory? Evan is five months old now. Lately he seems hungrier than usual, so I'm thinking of starting him on rice cereal soon.

Do you remember how much to put in a bottle?
Also, when can I start him on babyfood?

** Updated to say that I've been giving him rice cereal with formula once a day (with a spoon, from a bowl) for over a week. At first he thrust it out, which I totally expected. But the last few days he has been opening his mouth when the spoon gets near and actually trying to eat. So, yay for Evan! I'm excited to try baby foods, when he is ready.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/

Last edited by AniLand; August 16th, 2013 at 09:12 AM.
August 6th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't remember how much cereal to put it, but I know I watered it down more than they said. I did Kynslee's first several attempts at cereal mixed with breast milk. You could put just a little into his formula or water down really good and put into a bottle. Kynslee also much preferred it on a spoon than a bottle.

Baby food is usually started around 6 months of age
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

August 6th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Mummy to great girls
We started her at just after 4 months because she showed all the signs of being ready. We mixed the cereal with her formula and gave it to her with a spoon as the cereal did not quite fit through the bottle holes properly.

August 8th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Always feed solids on a spoon, never in a bottle. There is risk of over feeding and choking. Also, I would skip the rice altogether.

Arsenic in Your Food | Consumer Reports Investigation

Avocados are a great first food.
August 12th, 2013, 07:16 AM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We never used rice cereal and won't this time around either. I think it's disgusting. No solids until 6 months is the general rule and what is recommend by our pedi. And I agree, never put anything but formula or bm in a bottle.

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search