My Toddler Bends His Wrists, Anyone Else?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Regular
My 2 year old does, and always has, bend his wrists downward while concentrating. It's sad to say, but people have picked on him calling him "gay hands"...if that helps paint a picture of the gesture? Anyways, if he's focused while using one of his hands, or even sitting in a highchair while eating, he will sit there using the one hand while the other wrist is bent. It looks so uncomfortable but he seems to be quite opposite this way. He uses both well and is developmentally on track. Does this seem normal?
August 8th, 2013, 02:34 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if it is normal or not. I've never really paid attention to that. Gay hands? Really? What is wrong with people? Sheesh. If you are concerned about muscles/joints talk to the doc otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

August 23rd, 2013, 10:14 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I'm sorry they were being rude saying the slang. I would've been upset!

I suggest you talk to his pediatrician.
August 24th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Regular
Yea, I was really pissed off...I told them that my son would grow up with them as just a memory if they don't stop with the names. He's just a baby! Anyways, we have asked the Pedi's and a neurologist...none were too concerned. I just wanna know if any other kids do it because it still concerns me. Which dr is next?
September 19th, 2013, 06:29 AM
SaraB32's Avatar Kelsey's momma
I wouldn't worry too much if the doctors don't seem concerned. It might be something he will grow out of.

Kelsey Jo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search