Updates! Let's hear 'em. Short or long.

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 4 Post By *Sharon*
  • 3 Post By ReaganorDean
  • 2 Post By HorseGal
  • 3 Post By KAB
  • 1 Post By ZaydensMomma
  • 2 Post By *Sharon*
  • 1 Post By *Rosie*
  • 1 Post By Leah1216

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2013, 01:08 PM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sydney gave such a great update. Congrats on the wedding and the baby on the way.

Here....well, I don't know who remembers that we've always homeschooled. But our oldest two, maybe oldest three (all but Zane in that case), are starting public school this year. It will be so different. But I think they will do fantastic. Belle is in 7th, Ryllan in 4th, and Finn in 1st. It will give Zane and I a lot of one on one time. That will be nice for us. He is a funny lil boy. And so sweet. He is doing well with pee in potty, but has yet to poop in the potty. He loves tractors!!! Toy tractors as well as real ones. And he loves being outside.

As for me...doing great. Only thing is that I had an IUD put in back in January. And it is making me bleed like crazy. I bled for two months. Then a break. Then the last two months every day again. Mostly it has been fairly light though....some times just spotting. But it is annoying. And even worse, it is making my face break out tons. I didn't even break out like this when I was a teen. Ugh. But other than that everything is going great.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

August 9th, 2013, 02:51 PM
ReaganorDean's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear you guys are doing well Sharon. A friend of mine had a similar problem with her IUD and went back to the pill for that reason.

Anyway, us.....Pretty much status quo here. Reagan is doing well, and we're working on potty training. It's been slow. She has yet to pee in the potty, but will sit on it. She's a doll, and is completely social. She screamed when I picked her up from daycare today because they were in the middle of playing with stepping stones. She's talking up a storm now, and I'm not as worried about any language delays now.

I'm still working in claims, but for a different company now. My boss is a lot nicer. DH still works in IT and should be done with school sometime in 2015....It's been a long haul, but he's been a trouper, so we're trying to be patient with it.

DH and I want to start trying soon, but I'm working hard to lose some weight first. I really want to attempt to avoid gestational diabetes and borderline high blood pressure again. My goal is 140-150 pounds, so to date I have 22 to 32 pounds to lose. I'm taking a supplement called Konjac root (fiber used in a lot of Japanese foods), using the lose it app on my phone to track calories, and hoping on the elliptical everyday. This week I lost 2.2 pounds so far.

Seems silly to lose all the weight just to gain it again, but I know it's for a good purpose. Anyway, that the update on us.
ZaydensMomma, HorseGal and SaraB32 like this.
August 10th, 2013, 05:15 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sharon - What made you decide to send the kids to public school?

Anyways my update would be that I'm 23 weeks pregnant with a boy. This baby came as a suprise and I've had a hard time dealing with that, so i haven't enjoyed being pregnant like I should. I'm excited to be a mom again, I just wish it was under better circumstances. The dad is an old high school 4h/youth rodeo friend i've known for over a decade. We started dating last year and things were wonderful! About the time (March) things were getting serious and engagement was just about to happen I found out he'd been having an "emotional affair" for 3 months and had even taken the girl on a date. I ended things the morning I found out, that afternoon I found out I was pregnant.

As some of you may remember, my marriage with Wyatts dad ended because he had been having affairs.

Anyways we are trying to work it out. But it has been a slow process.

Other then that Wyatt is doing wonderful. He is a sweetheart with the best personality. He has the best smile and everyone just loves him. His speech seems to be a bit slower then the rest of this group but it's coming along. We deal with a lot of regression issues because of his visits with his father. It seems like everytime his dad pulls a stunt, Wyatt goes backwards for a while. But we work through it! I would honestly be lost in life without my little guy.

An update with me I guess would be I got my EMT last year and I'm hopefully starting Paramedic school this spring. I want to take a hybrid online/classroom version which will hopefully allow me to stay home with my LO's for about 2 years. Hopefully I can get that to work out for me.

Here's Wyatt

And an added bonus shot! lol
ZaydensMomma and SaraB32 like this.
August 10th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Hi Kendal. Have you tried any early intervention services for Wyatt for language? I had Reagan evaluated when she was 18 months old, but unfortunately she was just on the borderline and didn't qualify. I also had her evaluated by a private speech pathologist who treated my brother. She said that Reagan was a little behind, but agreed that she didn't meet the criteria for services.

I've heard that kids have really blossomed with a little extra help, and I think a few moms have used them on this board.

I agree it doesn't help with your ex pulling crap.

Looks like you'll have another little one just in time for Christmas. Wyatt will get to be a big brother. I'm sorry you had to go through a similar experience with your boyfriend. People need to start treating you better.
August 11th, 2013, 05:01 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganorDean View Post
Hi Kendal. Have you tried any early intervention services for Wyatt for language? I had Reagan evaluated when she was 18 months old, but unfortunately she was just on the borderline and didn't qualify. I also had her evaluated by a private speech pathologist who treated my brother. She said that Reagan was a little behind, but agreed that she didn't meet the criteria for services.

I've heard that kids have really blossomed with a little extra help, and I think a few moms have used them on this board.

I agree it doesn't help with your ex pulling crap.
I honestly don't feel he needs any help and it's never been suggested to me by anyone else he's around. He goes through phases where he is very chatty. He knows how to say things and will speak in full sentences, he just usually will revert back to the gibber jabber. No matter what is coming out of his mouth it's always been fluid. He was one of the early ones to say his first words. I think he's more just going through regression and then being lazy. I have to remind him to use his words and then often I walk him through full sentences which now he's finally starting to do on his own... like "I want a drink please mama" vs "uh uh uh mama mama drink please"

I have noticed though he is lazy with some sounds. Like his t's, but he can say them. He cannot get the W sound figured out yet at all. Water sounds more like Aqua and I can't even describe how he says his name.
August 11th, 2013, 11:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It would be great if we could get this board moving a bit again, and it's so nice to see some updates!

We're doing great, and we're expecting another baby February 17th, and we're having another girl! I'm super excited about that. I just wish that I could be at home more often, my job is so demanding and takes a lot out of me, I feel like I'm always playing catch-up and I'm worried about how I'll divide my time between 2 kids. I'm really looking forward to my maternity leave and taking some time off of work. DH still has 2 more years of school, and he talks about going longer, so I'm trying to be patient and wait for him to finish, in hopes that I can cut back on my job.

Rebecca is doing great, growing like a weed. She talks a lot, and is very active. She has zero interest in the potty, and naps are long gone. She's very shy and I am not able to leave her anywhere without a parent, she'll cry to the point of throwing up repeatedly, so that makes it a little difficult when I want to get involved in church things. She hates wearing clothes, and loves wearing shoes, she absolutely loves Mickey mouse and curious George, and she would play outside all day if I would let her. She still has hip dysplacia, we're getting her checked once a year right now, the harness' that we've used haven't really helped her, and if it's not corrected by the time she's 4, she'll have to have surgery to correct it. Her hips don't bother her or hinder her at all, apparently it's something that won't affect her until she's in her teen years.

That's about all on us I think, just super busy, as I'm sure everybody else is.
ZaydensMomma, HorseGal and SaraB32 like this.

Can't wait to meet our new baby GIRL!

Never forgetting all my sweet angels: Twins 10 weeks 1/2010 Baby B 8 weeks 8/2010 Angel 5 weeks 3/2013
August 14th, 2013, 06:20 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Now that I have a computer I can come and type on the keyboard than on my phone!!!!!

Glad to hear everyone's doing great! Zayden is such a fun boy to be with. He makes me laugh and we sign all the time. He is now copying my signs and it's SO cute! His fave sign is POOP. LOL

We have been having speech therapy for the past few months. His speech is soooo great now than before we started! I highly recommend to check into Early Intervention or First Steps.

Zayden has zero interest in potty training. He loves to sit on the toilet and just laugh.

Victor and I are doing good.. we have our ups and downs but we are strong. We TTC'd on and off. I had ovarian cysts and was put on BCP for 3 months last spring. So we are just NTNP right now.

Sharon, wow I bet that was hard to send the kids back in public school.
SaraB32 likes this.
August 15th, 2013, 05:23 AM
*Sharon*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kendal, you wanted to know why I'm sending them to public school. Belle really enjoyed the things she did with the middle school last year...art, chorus, cross country, and track. She asked in April or May if she could start public school next year. We said yes. Then a little later Ry and Finn said they wanted to start as well. But Finn keeps going back and forth about it. We all loved homeschooling, but we all feel that it is a good time to have the kids start ps if they want. It will give me more time for Zane. It takes up so much time homeschooling all three kids, bringing them to and from homeschool activities, public school class we have them take, Science Museum classes they take, sports schedules.....I am either doing school work with the older 3 or bring them to or from some activity that Zane is just kind of dragged along, but never really gets to have much time focused on him. It is crazy. So this year we either needed to cut back on a ton of the extra activities or public school. I think it will go well, but homeschooling is something we all enjoy so we will go back to it for all or any kids who want to down the road if so desired. Still a HUGE supporter of homeschooling.

Aaron, I have mixed emotions about sending the kids to public school. But this won't be "back" to public school for them. They've always been homeschooled, but they have all done things with the school. Art, gym, music, chorus, sports....
ZaydensMomma and SaraB32 like this.

Sharon, wife to Noah; mom to Belle (12.5), Ryllan (10), Finn (6), and Zane (3).

August 15th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Aaron- I'm so glad Zayden is doing well. I've heard that children learning two languages can take longer to speak, but once they do, they normally excel in both languages. Do you feel that Zayden had caught on to sign language faster? The latest I've heard is that it's easier for children to learn to sign.
August 15th, 2013, 07:01 PM
*Rosie*'s Avatar Blessed
Good to see life around here!

I am doing really well. Ellis is a very active, busy 2.5 year old. She loves trains, books, playing soccer and painting. We take her to a Soccer Shots program, which she LOVES. She is also starting pre-school in the fall. It';s a class for 2.5 year olds. She is very active and love other little kids, so I think it will be a good thing for her. She will go 2 days a week for 1.5 hours. To be honest, I am dreading it, but I know it will be good for her.

The I have my 14 month old DS. He is a charmer. Very funny and generally very content - except for when he is teething... then he become a clingy, crying nightmare... poor thing.

So to say I am busy, would be an understatement. Some days I wonder how I made it though! But, I love it. I wouldn't change it for anything.

Hope we can get this board moving again!
SaraB32 likes this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

August 20th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Annabelle is doing great! She loves to color, play playdoh, blocks, water table. She also loves to take her clothes off. She is very sweet. Adores her big sister. We just switched her crib into a toddler last week because she climbed out. She is starting ballet, and tap in a couple weeks. Her speech is not great. She has her own gibberish language. I had her evaluated and she was off the charts in everything.
Big Sister is starting Kindergarten in a couple of weeks. She is excited. I am nervous about the whole thing.
And more BIG news as of this morning...I am pregnant again! Looks like my due date will be the end of April/beginning of May. Being high risk the girls were born at 37 and 36 weeks. I'll feel much better after the cerclage is placed mid October.
SaraB32 likes this.
August 23rd, 2013, 10:12 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaganorDean View Post
Aaron- I'm so glad Zayden is doing well. I've heard that children learning two languages can take longer to speak, but once they do, they normally excel in both languages. Do you feel that Zayden had caught on to sign language faster? The latest I've heard is that it's easier for children to learn to sign.
It varies each child how they will pick up if they are in bilingual/bi-cultural environment. I think it really helped that Zayden was around my family when we flew to visit twice this year. I know some deaf couples had their kids do fine without early intervention. It just depends. After the speech therapy started, he started signing so much and now he's copying every signs. I have to be careful. I already caught him sign stupid when he saw me sign stupid while I was talking to an adult. Wow he's full of sponge. LOL
September 19th, 2013, 06:47 AM
SaraB32's Avatar Kelsey's momma
I'm so happy to read all of these, even if I don't know any of you ladies lol!

Kelsey is doing well. She's very social and active, loves to be on the go! She's such an easy going kid. She loves reading and going to the library. She loved swimming this summer and is bummed that the pool is closed now. She has been potty trained since February. She showed interest so I put her on it. DH was easily frustrated at first because of the accidents. He said she wasn't ready. But she caught on fast, and I'm SO glad that our diaper days are long gone!

DH had a huge job change. To allow me to still stay home, I had to take on some daycare kids. Most days its ok. Some days it flat out sucks and makes me want to pull my hair out. We are NTNP right now, but I really would love to be pregnant.

Kelsey Jo

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search