Songs

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 12th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Does your little one like songs / music?

Do they sing along (or do motions) with the songs?

What are some of their favorites?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
August 12th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
He loves music, but nothing in particular. He bops his head and does this weird shoulder thing when he dances. It's adorable.
August 13th, 2013, 08:01 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, he likes to dance and sing along. The only song he asks for is Gangam Style so I'm going to say that's his favourite. There is one children's group he gets very excited about listening to as well and he'll listen and dance to just about anything they sing and that's Splash'n Boots.

August 13th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Beau loves listening to songs. They're basically one of the only things that will calm him down when he gets into one of his 'states.' Last week when we took him to get his haircut (which is always traumatic!), I was having to bust out every song I knew just to keep him calm and in his seat. His favorites lately are "Kookabura," "On Top of Spaghetti," and "Mr. Golden Sun." He won't sing along to them himself, but if you sing part of a line for him and then pause at the end he'll fill in the blank word.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
August 14th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
If Will dances at all, it's usually for a few seconds and then he just stops. It's SO ADORABLE when he does it, so I wish it lasted for longer.

He will do the Itsy Bitsy Spider hand gestures, and the'll twirl his arms for Whells On The Bus.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
August 14th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Noah is more into singing and songs than his sister (She used to like them, but lately she tells me "Stop it. Stop Singing!"). He loves and will kind of sing along with Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes, Old MacDonald, Wheels on the Bus, BINGO, and ABC's (His absolute favorite song). The only one he does motions to is Head and Shoulders. ... we make up a lot of silly songs in this house too. I actually had both of them trying to sing along with our bath song the other day "Bubbles in the hair and bubbles everywhere..."

Psalm 139:9-10
]
August 19th, 2013, 07:59 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He likes music, he will say "Like that song!" when one of his favorite ones comes on. He likes for me to sing to him at bedtime but doesn't usually sing along yet.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
August 19th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee loves music and will tell me sing, sing. She loves her kidsongs kids dvd & cedermont Bible songs dvd's. She will occasionally try and sing along but it's just a word or two here and there and sometimes a phrase. She tries to do motions to so many songs (Wheels on the bus, I'm in the Lords Army, little teapot(sometimes), My God is so Great, If you're happy and you Know it, and many others - listed ones are just her favorites)

She has recently started to 'dance' a little more to certain songs. So cute when she does it
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
August 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
mom2more's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your little one like songs / music?
Oh yes!!!

Do they sing along (or do motions) with the songs?
For most songs he just dances. He kinda bounces and waves his arms or wiggles from side to side. I think its so cute! For Gangnam style (I am sure I spelled it wrong!) he does the real moves from the video!

What are some of their favorites?
He is obsessed with singing happy birthday since his birthday. He sings it all the time now! He loves wheels on the bus and will say some of it with me and do some of the hand motions. He also loves patty cake and will do the hand motions with that one. I have just been listening to kids song stations on Pandora radio a lot with him lately and he is loving it.

August 23rd, 2013, 12:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joshua does love music.

he likes some songs on the radio. He used to dance to gangnam style. it was so cute. Now he dances and tries to sing along to some of his shows he watches on tv. Was able to get a video of him dancing to the Hot dog song from Mickey Mouse clubhouse. It was adorable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search