Pretend

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Does your LO pretend play yet?

If so, what are some of the things s/he does?
August 25th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ayla plays with babies and such. Silas will drive his trucks on the back of the couch for hours if I let him. He has HIS spot, and if I am sitting there when he wants to drive his trucks I get a "Moooooove Mommy."

I don't gender stereotype them, btw. I don't think stereotypes like that are really put into kids, I do think it is instinctual. Silas has always been into trucks and cars. I let him play with whatever he likes, and Ayla always gravitates towards to babies.
August 26th, 2013, 10:22 AM
HeatherLopez's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ari loves to sit on the couch or hide in a corner and say "oh no!!! Help me! trapped!!!" Then I grab her hand and she says "pull! One. Two. Wee" Then when I pull her up she says "you saved me!" and gives me hugs and kisses. She does this several times throughout the day.

She also plays with her dolls and feeds them/puts them down for a nap, etc.

She has these balls she plays with and she likes to put them in her toy cup and pretend it's ice cream. She walks around saying "mmmmm ice cream good." "Yummy." "try some!" Then she gives it to me so I can pretend it's ice cream too.

Oh, another thing..... at her birthday party last weekend she kept smashing an oreo on her nose and saying "wook! I a pig!" not sure what made her think pigs have oreo noses, but it was kind of cute.

And she always pretends she is sick, when she isn't. She whines and says *cough* "I sick" 10 times a day.
August 26th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee likes to give her baby doll a paci, make it fake cry, put it "night night", ect... She love to play in our cars (when we occasionally let her in the drivers seat while trying to unload the car) and "drive" it and makes car sounds. She also has just recently started playing more with her play food and will come and bring us all kinds of things to "eat'. Just the other day she had lots of pans out and was stirring things and told me she was making dinner

^That's funny Ari pretends she sick by coughing. Kynslee likes to fake sneeze
August 26th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLopez View Post
Ari loves to sit on the couch or hide in a corner and say "oh no!!! Help me! trapped!!!" Then I grab her hand and she says "pull! One. Two. Wee" Then when I pull her up she says "you saved me!" and gives me hugs and kisses. She does this several times throughout the day.

Joshua likes to do this too. He learned how to do it b/c of his older sister.

Joshua does pretend play. He plays with his cars/trucks and also all his figurines. The other day he had this toy picnic table set up and he brought 2 stuffed animals to "pretend" eat and then he took the toys and demolished the table by using the toys to smash it. It was cute, but I can definitely see the boy in him. My girls weren't the smashing type of kids.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search