I miss you guys

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By momie2b9-20-11
  • 1 Post By navywifey2003
  • 1 Post By mandy5586

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I still check in every single day. I miss reading your posts, contributing to your concerns, laughing at your stories. Will is such an amazing kid, the love of my life. And Evan is definitely following in his mommy-melting footsteps. I wish you guys were still around so we could chat more often. I really hate facebook, I think it creates more harm/gossip than good and I know that's where most of you are posting now, so I just miss you here.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
September 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks!! It's so hard now that this board has slowed down soo much! I miss all the ladies here too. I know life has been rough for me these past 3 weeks but I'm going to try and start posting again. But, with no one really seeming to care it's hard.

I miss sharing the everyday up's and down's of our toddlers and seeing everyone and how their LO is doing! As our LO's turn 2 I miss sharing in everyone's fun and seeing them post about their LO's birthday like they did when turning one.

Glad to see you and that Will and Evan are doing good
AniLand likes this.
Baby #2 is on the way!!
September 6th, 2013, 01:55 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Unless there is gossip/harm being done in private I haven't seen any in our group.

We are dealing with feeding issues with Everett, waiting on lab results.
Rachel likes this.

September 12th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Rachel's Avatar Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifey2003 View Post
Unless there is gossip/harm being done in private I haven't seen any in our group.

We are dealing with feeding issues with Everett, waiting on lab results.
Admittedly, it wasn't my favorite thing, but I agree there hasn't been any issues in the group. At all.

I miss seeing everyone on the board, though!
September 15th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't been on here in a while!

Miss you, Ani! Good to hear the boys are doing well. I was one that was super excited that we finally got a FB group. At first, I was against it. I wanted everyone to stay on jm. But things changed quite a bit when people stopped posting, then the board merge, then I didn't recognize the people that did post so I felt like it was no longer the board we used to have. So I stopped dropping by even to lurk. One of the girls took the reins and created the group so I was all for it. Wish you would drop by.

There's no drama on there either. I think it's great.
Dixana likes this.

September 17th, 2013, 12:45 AM
GoldenTickets's Avatar Super Mommy
I never heard about a fb group.... was it just announced on the private forum? I'd wondered where all the super frequent posters went... It's sad to see it so dead around here, even if my posting was inconsistent. (frequent sometimes, but absent a lot too)

E: 8/18/11
September 17th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
There is only 2 of us members now that merged and it's very hard to even want to try to keep our group going when everyone seems to want to move to fb or stop posting here since I'm not an "original" member of the the August DDC/playroom. It's hard for me (especially now as one of the main hosts) and I honestly was looking forward to GTK more moms and excited about merging but now I feel so left out and alone. I'd like to join the fb group but in a way I don't feel like I'd be as welcomed as the original Aug members.

Is there anything I can do for you ladies to help this board get moving or make you fb members want to post here also? I need help and it's hard to feel apart but I'd love to if you ladies want me to be / let me.

I try and be very open so any ideas to help this JM board stay moving or to try and bring out more FB members let me know please! What is it on fb that I can do to help draw the ladies here also? I know some say it's easier to post on fb especially from a phone but my phone seems to be slower for both fb and jm. Yet I have an older phone that doesn't do well on the internet anyway -LOL!!
Baby #2 is on the way!!
September 17th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think a lot of members just don't want to check in to two places (fb and jm). I wish we could get more activity here, but I don't know of a way. You're doing a great job though, so try not to be discouraged. xoxo

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
September 17th, 2013, 01:47 PM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 View Post
There is only 2 of us members now that merged and it's very hard to even want to try to keep our group going when everyone seems to want to move to fb or stop posting here since I'm not an "original" member of the the August DDC/playroom. It's hard for me (especially now as one of the main hosts) and I honestly was looking forward to GTK more moms and excited about merging but now I feel so left out and alone. I'd like to join the fb group but in a way I don't feel like I'd be as welcomed as the original Aug members.

Is there anything I can do for you ladies to help this board get moving or make you fb members want to post here also? I need help and it's hard to feel apart but I'd love to if you ladies want me to be / let me.

I try and be very open so any ideas to help this JM board stay moving or to try and bring out more FB members let me know please! What is it on fb that I can do to help draw the ladies here also? I know some say it's easier to post on fb especially from a phone but my phone seems to be slower for both fb and jm. Yet I have an older phone that doesn't do well on the internet anyway -LOL!!
I'm sorry you feel that way. It's difficult for sure. There are just normal everyday topics on FB. Not much that wouldn't be on JM. I'm not sure what can be done to revive the group.

October 8th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Dixana's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I stopped posting here because I only had internet on my phone and this site is SO slow for mobile! I miss being here too and having a super active group but I think unless they can do something to speed up the site the boards are going to stay dead because so many people are using mobile web.
It doesn't help that any tom dick or harry can see what's being posted here so once someone figures out who you are they can cyber stalk you. That happened with me and a few other people I know and it got where I no longer felt comfortable posting stuff about my kids and our life because someone who had no business butting in my life suddenly knew every little thing going on with us.
On facebook no one can even see the group so there's actual privacy all the time instead of just one locked forum :/

Thanks to the awesome Rachel for my siggy!

October 10th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know people that have stalked our family on FB when I didn't even have a facebook account at the time. It seems people saw pics and all kinds of "updates" on our daughter when neither my hubby or I had facebook. I now have a fb account but try and keep my identity hidden.

How do I get invited to the facebook group? Would you mamas mind if I joined? I'm lonely and sometimes need tips, help, inspiration, and just sharing normal everyday things about life with a LO.
Baby #2 is on the way!!
October 15th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Crunchymommy's Avatar Mama of 3 beautiful girls
Send a message via AIM to Crunchymommy Send a message via MSN to Crunchymommy Send a message via Yahoo to Crunchymommy
I would have been posting more if I hadn't of forgotten my email I used here and my password. Thank goodness for Rachel. I had no idea she could reset my password for me, lol. For awhile I forgot what my UN was too.

Thanks to *Sharon* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search