23 Months !!!?!! ...birthday chat :)

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By sareymac
  • 1 Post By Snookums

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2013, 11:20 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
How did that happen so fast?!?! LOL Who's thinking birthdays already?!

-- When is their actual birthday?

-- Party or no party?

-- Theme?

-- Gifts?

-- Cake design?

& let's share a little bit about our little 2YR old monkeys....

-- Favorite cartoon

-- Favorite foods

-- Favorite toy (currently owned)

-- Do they talk a little? Talk a lot?

-- Loud & wild or quiet & shy?

-- What were they for Halloween?

-- Crib or toddler bed?

-- What # kid are they ..now that it's 2yrs later?

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

November 5th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Julka
When is their actual birthday?
December 5th

-- Party or no party?
We don't do parties, but we celebrate as a family of 5
Still do decorations, cake, presents, etc. just no outside family/friends.

-- Gifts?
I have a few toys bookmarked. I'll probably go to TRU a few days before his birthday and pick him a few things that I think he'll love. He's still too young to really get birthdays and with Christmas around the corner, I don't plan to go overboard.

-- Cake design?
I always make a cake myself, from scratch. I'm debating between panda & fire truck right now. I did dinosaur last year.

---

Favorite cartoon
Bubble Guppies, Thomas, Chuggington.. He also watches My Little Pony with his sisters, lol.

-- Favorite foods
Any fruit, waffles, mac-n-cheese (homemade), pb&j sandwiches, green peas, Naan bread, wraps. He LOVES rice & potatoes!! And any kind of ice cream, chocolate, cookies, etc. Has a terrible sweet tooth!!

Anything with wheels.. he loves it all - airplanes, school buses, 911 vehicles, cars, trucks - whatever. He also loves his stuffed monkey & stuffed panda bears.

He's starting to put words together, but no full sentences yet. He'll put 2 words together like, "My choo-choo", or "no milk", etc. He has an overall count of 35-40 words he says regularly.

Erm.. he's not a wild child. At all. He's very obedient, doesn't cause trouble much, generally a laid back/calm child (like his daddy!). He has a very calm, sweet nature about him.

Panda bear

-- Crib or toddler bed?
Crib. He hasn't given us any reasons to switch, so we're waiting for now.

Still the baby. His sisters are 5.5 and 7.

Last edited by Julka; November 5th, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
November 5th, 2013, 11:44 AM
mBABYe's Avatar ♥ Life with BOYS ♥
December 2nd

-- Party or no party?
I'm thinking no party this year. We just had a big one for my older son. I think we're going to rent a hotel for a few days in Orlando and hit up Sea World and Old Town. I also want to take him by the train station so we can stand reeeeeally close to the edge and wait for a train to pull up. He will fricken LOVE that. He is train OBSESSED these days. LOL

-- Theme?
I'll still decorate the house.. so Thomas for sure!

-- Gifts?
Lots and lots of Thomas! It's the only thing on my list! Everything else will wait for Christmas.

-- Cake design?
No cake. Maybe cupcakes. Maybe not. We'll see. Last year the frosting made his face turn red. He is definitely not a sweet eater. Maybe we'll fnd a fun do-it-yourself ice cream place in Orlando. I'll have to look that up!

-- Favorite cartoon?
Thomas the Train! ...if you would have asked me a few weeks ago it was Curious George & SuperWhy.. now... he will bring you the remote and yell CHOOOOOOO-CHOOOOOOOO until you put it on. LOL

-- Favorite foods?
Bananas! & green beans! ..not together of course.

-- Favorite toy?
His one and only Thomas train. ...& our big GeoTrax train set. He & his brother play with that every..single..day.

Talks quite a lot now!

LOUD & WILD!

Batman

-- Crib or toddler bed?
Toddler bed.

#2 ..still the baby of the house ♥

Wife since 2004. ♥ Mom since 2008.

♥ TTC #1: 4 yrs, 2 months ♥ TTC #2: 1 yr, 5 months ♥ #3: Surprise twins lost at 7 & 10 weeks.

November 5th, 2013, 12:28 PM
sareymac's Avatar Mommy to Gary & Adalyn
When is their actual birthday?
December 5th

-- Party or no party?
Just cake and presents with the family that night and MAYBE something small the following saturday.L

-- Theme?
I have no clue!

-- Gifts?
We already got a ton of stuff some for christmas a few for bday I think we will give him his tool bench and some cars for his bday everything else is Christmas, we got the coolest escalade power wheels! .

-- Cake design?
Cupcakes bc he loves them lol

-- Favorite cartoon?
Mickey, Cat in the Hat, Curious George, Doc mcStuffins some times "Bob bob" SpongebobL

-- Favorite foods?
Hmm I would say any kind of potato and green beans. He LOVES peanut butter sandwiches, when I don't cut it he gets soooo excited and calls it "Big sammich!"

-- Favorite toy?
His cars and trucks.

He never stops. No lie. He also repeats EVERYTHING! Including "Go idiot!" (me in traffic.)

LOUD & WILD Definitely.

He was supposed to be a mummy. . . we didnt want to be wrapped up soooo he was a zombie skeleton. . he was terrified when he saw himself lol

-- Crib or toddler bed?
Twin bed starting this weekend!

Number 1 his little brother or sister will be here very sooooon!
ShelleyB80 and mBABYe like this.

November 5th, 2013, 01:13 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
December 11th

-- Party or no party?
Small party at the little play area in the mall.

-- Theme?
Spongebob!

-- Gifts?
Yup A little mix of everything. We got her a shopping cart with food.

-- Cake design?
Spongebob

-- Favorite cartoon
Bobbin'

-- Favorite foods
Bananas

Books

A lot! She can almost hold a conversation.

Loud, but shy in front of new people.

Same thing as she was last year.

-- Crib or toddler bed?
Crib

Still the 1st kid, but I have a second one now.

November 5th, 2013, 04:51 PM
caitlinmcc's Avatar 1st time mommy
Dec 8th

-- Party or no party?
probably a small family party

-- Theme?
yo gabba gabba or princess? she is really into dressing up in tutus and princesses now

-- Gifts?
I haven't thought about it yet but most likely something we need like more craft supplies or a balance bike

-- Cake design?
I was thinking of making cupcakes but there is a really good vegan bakery near us that we may splurge on

-- Favorite cartoon
it was yo gabba gabba but we just went to Disney World so all week it has been mickey and jake

-- Favorite foods
Hummus, grapes, apples, seaweed

She is obsessed with a book about a little girl names Eleanor that a friend got us. She carries it around with her. Also a Jessie from Toy Story doll

She talks soooo much! and singing too. Her words and sentences have gotten so good and clear over the last few weeks. I was a little worried she was behind in speech but I think she was just working everything out in her head. The things she has been saying surprises me

So loud! SO and I are quiet and shy but Elinor is the opposite. She is exactly like my mom

bumble bee and tinkerbell. I found both costumes at a consignment sale for $5! She was Tinkerbell on Halloween though

-- Crib or toddler bed?
toddler bed

1 and only!

check out my blog fourthstpayphone.blogspot.com and
pintsizestyle.com/
November 6th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Lorena26's Avatar ♥ Gio's Mommy ♥
-- When is their actual birthday? December 20th

-- Party or no party? Party, but something small. We are waiting to get a closing date for our new house to see if we'll be able to have it at "home" or not

-- Theme? Thomas

-- Gifts? I haven't gotten anything yet but DH saw the train table we want to get for him on sale so we might pick that up tonight actually.

-- Cake design? Thomas themed, and i'll be making it

-- Favorite cartoon Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Thomas, and he likes to play this Daniel Tiger game on the tablet (Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood...it's kinda a spinoff or something of Mr. Rogers)

-- Favorite foods Carrot muffins (he's actually eating one just now that I just made lol) apples, grapes, homemade mac-n-cheese, chicken, kielbasa (haha he's so my son), granola bars (homemade and store bought)

-- Favorite toy (currently owned) cars and trains (all of his toys are in boxes right now from the move so he's been playing with what's at grandmas haha)

-- Do they talk a little? Talk a lot? he's a non-stop talker. he even likes to talk into my phone. he launches this Ok Google app (which you say "ok google" to launch) then talks into the voice to text hah. he says lots of phrases/sentences and tons of new words every day.

-- Loud & wild or quiet & shy? he's sorta "loud" at home or when he's comfortable, he's quite the character but he's shy around new people and in new situations.

-- What were they for Halloween? He was a pumpkin lol he was my accessory (I was Cinderella)

-- Crib or toddler bed? he's actually in my bed while we're transitioning from houses (we moved from FL back to NY) and staying in my dads we have no room for a toddler bed but when we get in our new house I'll put him in the toddler bed when we move in.

-- What # kid are they ..now that it's 2yrs later? he's still my baaaaby

November 6th, 2013, 09:33 AM
ShelleyB80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
-- When is their actual birthday? November 28th...on Thanksgiving this year!!

-- Party or no party?Well, we'll be with family anyway, so we're thinking of maybe bringing his presents and a cake to Thanksgiving dinner

-- Theme? No idea.

-- Gifts? I saw this really cute Jake and the Neverland Pirates ride on toy I might buy him.

-- Cake design? No idea.

-- Favorite cartoon - He likes pretty much every cartoon!

-- Favorite foods - Pizza, bananas, cheese, sandwiches, apples, pasta, chicken nuggets.

-- Favorite toy (currently owned) Anything with wheels that he can push around on the floor. Or ride on toys.

-- Do they talk a little? Talk a lot? A little. I know he understands everything so I'm not worried.

-- Loud & wild or quiet & shy? Loud & wild for the most part. He's very attached to me, and gets jealous of his older sister. And boy does he make it known!

-- What were they for Halloween? Itsy bitsy spider

-- Crib or toddler bed? Crib

-- What # kid are they ..now that it's 2yrs later? Still #3.
November 6th, 2013, 10:44 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dec 9

-- Party or no party?
small one as just the 4 of us, we did a big 1/2 birthday back in June

-- Theme?
none

-- Gifts?
no idea what he'll get. He got a tablet for his 1/2 birthday...

-- Cake design?
no idea yet

-- Favorite cartoon
Dinosaur Train still

-- Favorite foods
if its edible he likes it lol He has a special affection for eggs and apples now...esp baked apples

anything with wheels...

all.the.time
his favorite game is to point out all the cars, wee-woo cars (ambulances), leece cars (police cars), and boats we pass when driving. He is starting to put words together in 2 word sentences (baby crying/Daddy's boat/ Roar Choo choo (Dinosaur Train) etc)

Kinda both, he is def wild but not too loud...he can be loud when he wants to be and he is a little shy around strangers

Joe was Jake from Jake and The Neverland Pirates and Amber was Artemis

-- Crib or toddler bed?
crib still, he hasnt tried to escape so we arent moving him

still the baby
Read more: http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...#ixzz2jt1gXZIc

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
November 15th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Snookums's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dec 15

-- Party or no party?
Yes small family party

-- Theme?
"construction" if I manage to start getting it planned...

-- Gifts?
We got him a little pople wheely ramp toy. Got it half price about a month ago. Not sure what else with it. Trains is actually a really good idea - he doesn't have any of those yet.

-- Cake design?
something to do with construction - or cupcakes... not sure

-- Favorite cartoon
Jake and the Neverland Pirates - he gets right into it yelling "oh ho!" and "way hey!" after the characters. And he always tries to "count" the gold dubloons with them too (and cheers afterwards)
also still a huge fan of Mickey (he yells "toooodles!!!" too)
He also seems to like Sofia the first (but that is probably because it's his big sisters favourite show)

-- Favorite foods
anything... LOL He LOVES junk food, but he also loves rice (!), yogurt, bananas (does a 'happy dance' when he gets one), peanut butter sandwiches, on and on.

He loves his cars, pushes them around all the time "vroooooom"

Garbles a LOT lol, getting better with words. Almost knocked me over the other night when out of no where on the car ride home he said "ma-ee! looka da twee!" (there was nothing special about the tree btw - he is just proud he knows that word and points them out constantly)

Loud & Wild for sure

he was a monkey (but refused to wear the head part - he only wore the body (but it had a tail!))

-- Crib or toddler bed?
Twin bed - he's doing great in it now! He doesn't go to bed right away, he'll play with toys for a bit and then when he feels tired he climbs up into his bed and goes to sleep. (he looks so small in his bed )

He's the 2nd and last kid. We only wanted 2 and are quite happy with our little family <3
sareymac likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search