just checking in with my ladies!

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Meggin21
  • 1 Post By MyFantasticFour

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Super Mommy
So I got married in June to Riley's father. We had been together for 6 years...and the Tuesday before I got married I MC. Which really, really sucked....But, after taking some time, we decided to start trying in October and BOOM. I got knocked up on the first try. I was really hoping it would take a little time but my DH and I always jump into everything head first. Riley just turned 2 on the 9th...and this baby is due July 8th. Whoo hooo. I am 6w1d today and super excited. Had to go out and buy a pair a maternity pants from the thrift store ($14 for brand new, with tags) because the tightness of my reg pants was making me sick...I know it is all bloat but I would rather not have my daughter watch me chuck my guts all day every day DH is so excited. We are hoping for a boy and then we will be DONE DONE DONE. Well, he says that. I want 3.

I was a FT Asst Manager at a clothing retailer and in August, with 4 days notice I was made PT, stripped of benefits etc. Even though they were working me full time hours I still wasn't getting my benefits. So I told my self that I would stick it out until Oct ( SM quit in August and it was myself and another manager running the store) until the other manager and I either got promoted to ASM and SM or they brought in another SM. Well, they brought in another SM and it was a serious slap in the face. I went back and forth with quitting for about 2 weeks. We had a store meeting 3 weeks ago and the SM told me I would be working 15-18 hours on black friday and I told her I would not be doing that because I am pregnant and will not risk my health or my unborn childs health for a stupid store and she got an attitude and said we would talk about it later. I went to breakfast with my mom as soon as the meeting was over and discussed it with her...My DH was totally on board with me quitting and being a SAHM a LOOOOONG time ago. Needless to say, I drove back to work, handed in my resignation letter and my keys and left. I did not give the a**hat of a manager the courtesy of 2 weeks notice because she would have worked me 6 days a week, 4 hour shifts. Not happening. Not worth the stress.

So here I am. At home with Riley, pulling my hair out because my angel has been replaced with this independent, frustrating, sometimes down right horrible, terrible 2 year old. Walking in to walmart today, she threw a fit because she wanted to see the vending machine and I said no. She promptly threw her self on the ground and the middle of the door and laid there. Plain as day. Like she was home, and yelled MEAN at the top of her tiny little lungs. Boy was I embarrassed. A nice lady came up and put her hand on my shoulder and told me it got better *she promised*...and my hormones being the jerks that they are made me cry and tell her...no it doesn't because I just started over and it will never ever end. Rough day for momma and Riley LOL.

She had her 2 year appt on Monday. Weighs in at a whopping 22.8lbs and 34in tall..Finally in the 20th percentile from the 4th in May. She is still my lil mini monster.

How is life treating the rest of the ladies still hanging around here?
MyFantasticFour likes this.

November 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM
MyFantasticFour's Avatar Mommy of 4
Congratulations on getting married and a happy and healthy nine months to you!!
Meggin21 likes this.

November 15th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on both getting married and the new baby! With DD, I quit my job without 2 week's notice when I started spotting at 6-7 weeks. I was just a lowly cashier in a retail store. My husband went in and gave them my resignation for me. DH was completely on board with my leaving, too. They gave him so much attitude and he just said "it's not worth the health of our baby". As soon as i quit, my spotting not so mysteriously stopped. I was planning on sticking it out until I was too uncomfortable to work, but things didnt work out that way. I didn't complain lol. I just got an early start on being a stay at home mom lol.

You do what you gotta do to keep you and your baby healthy. Good for you for sticking up for yourself!

In loving memory of our angel baby, with us for 4 weeks. Baby went to be with God July 24th, 2009.

November 28th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Veteran
Congratulations on your marriage and baby!

Only thing happening here is getting ready for baby #5 to come. I have about 4 weeks left!
December 9th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Twirlbird's Avatar Mia and Henry's Mama
Send a message via MSN to Twirlbird
Congrats!!
John Henry Clifton aka Henry: April 11th 2013

New Signature coming soon

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search