Colors? Numbers? ABC's?

Forum: 2011 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mandy5586

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2011 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2014, 02:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What are some things your LO is learning?
Colors, numbers, abc's? Shapes anyone yet?
Baby #2 is on the way!!
February 24th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Hazel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She doesn't have them all down but she knows many of the colors, shapes, numbers, letters. She can count a little bit if you help her over the numbers she forgets She loves puzzles and the shape/color ones are her favorites
February 24th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Beau is kind of nuts. He is OBSESSED with numbers and letters, and has been basically ever since he could talk. We have about 5 electronic-alphabet type toys that will spell things aloud for you, and Beau just sits there by himself with them every chance he gets and practices spelling words to himself. He would do it all day if we let him. He has memorized the spellings of probably close to 100 words now. The other day he read aloud his first book to me. I've also seen him sound-out new words for the first time. We're not pushing him on this at all, it's just his own personal obsession.

He also loves numbers, but his counting is somewhat erratic. He can basically count up to 100, but when in doubt he just makes up his own patterns. For example, he'll say "seventy-eight, seventy-nine, seventy-ten!" It's really cute.

He basically knows his colors, too, though he always mixes up purple and blue. So does my older son, actually. I think they both might be a bit red-green color blind. (Both my husband and my brother are.)

No idea on shapes. I've never really quizzed him on them, but he's probably learned them in preschool.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
February 25th, 2014, 08:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Will can say his colors, but he doesn't always get it right. If you ask him what color something is, he usually just says "blue", and then when you said it's red or whatever, he'll say "Oh, red". He counts to 3. LOL. I need to start working on his shapes too.

William Jeffery, born 8/1/11
Evan John, born 2/24/13

Visit my blogs.
http://www.anilandcontinuied.blogspot.com/
http://reverendanissa.blogspot.com/
April 9th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
DD knows her ABC's, and can count to Eleven (well, eleventeen according to her). She has some colours down, but purple, pink & red are all "purple" lol

April 12th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Brynlee knows all colors except "crazy" names like fuchsia lol. She can count to 20. Her abcs are funny. "Abccexghijklomopqrxstuvwxyz" it's funny listening to her.
Quantum_Leap likes this.

April 12th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Quantum_Leap's Avatar frequent flier
Beau says "Mc-leven" instead of "eleven." Probably this is a sign that we go to McDonald's too often.

Thank you to the SSMC makers for my beautiful siggies!

(x2)(x2)(October 2011)
April 14th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Kynslee knows 1-10 and her abc's and a star, heart, circle are the only shapes she knows so far. We are working on colors but she only knows the names (like blue can be red orange, purple, ...) and not the actual color. She's very talkative and you can understand her very well.
Baby #2 is on the way!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search