What kind of birth are you planning?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy. I would prefer to have a hospital, un-medicated birth if possible. Of course sometimes things can turn out differently than you expected, and I am okay with that too!
June 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
*BabyMaMa*'s Avatar Kimber MaMa to Leah
My first was a hospital birth with epidural. I had her on my due date (went into labor naturally). This time, I'd really like to give going natural a fair shot. I made it to 6cm last time and caved. I'd like to prepare by going to the gym and staying active.

Feb 2012
June 4th, 2012, 07:33 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Homebirth
jojow likes this.
June 4th, 2012, 07:39 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was induced a week late (which I did not agree with, but I got pre-e) and used nubaine too late in the birth and Maddie was born sleepy with difficulty breathing. I pray no pre-e this time, no induction, and if I choose meds it will be earlier during the labor process so their are no complications with the baby.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

June 5th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Veteran
Unassisted home lotus birth.
jojow likes this.
June 5th, 2012, 03:48 PM
jojow
I have had four homebirths and am planning on another with this baby.
June 5th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojow View Post
I have had four homebirths and am planning on another with this baby.
Do you UC and do lotus birth?
June 5th, 2012, 04:21 PM
jojow
No, neither. I have a midwife (although my third came faster than expected and the midwife didn't make it) and we do cut the cord. We just wait till it is limp and white.
June 6th, 2012, 08:09 AM
MadMay's Avatar Super Mommy
Hospital, Natural, Waterbirth

Im looking into Hypno birthing as well It might help a little with pain management.

June 6th, 2012, 12:56 PM
jojow
My last two were waterbirths. They are awesome!
June 6th, 2012, 02:00 PM
ukmumof3's Avatar Veteran
first went into labour naturally had an epidural, 2nd 3rd I was induced and had epidurals 4th I was induced and I had just gas and air and I felt allot better after. I labour very quickly so I am hoping to just go with gas and air again but I bet I will probably be begging for the epidural though I was with the 4th and they were just starting to do it when the midwife said are you pushing and I was like no through gritted teeth lol so she said sorry we cant do the epidural its to late you should of seen the look of horror on my face lol luckily my dd was born 2 mins later so this time I'm definitely going for gas and air and moving around lots because I just stayed lying on the bed but I think moving might help me cope more I'm not good with pain.

oh I will definitely be induced this time to, a week before my due date they always plan that for me
June 6th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Super Mommy
I am assuming I will be having another c-section. I've had 2 previous c-sections. The last one was an emergency b/c they were concerned about a possible uterine rupture.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
June 6th, 2012, 07:41 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would like a waterbirth this time. I had a homebirth with ds2 and a birth pool was set up, but I was just not feeling it. So I gave birth squating in my living room.
June 10th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Veteran
P was an unneccesary c-section. This time around, I'm planning an HBAC.
June 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was induced with my dd and had a medicated vaginal delivery

This one I hope to go into labor on my own and have a hospital medicated vaginal birth.
June 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Super Mommy
I would love to do a home birth. But I am having a c-sect. I had a tiny rupture on my last VBAC (but I am still still still a huge supporter of VBACs) so..it will be a c-sect. The baby never came out vaginally. It would have been a massive rupture instead of a small one, but they did the c-sect. After 44 hrs of labor
(I have had vbacs before and was never in labor that long, it was clear something was wrong), I had not even dilated a finger tip.

June 10th, 2012, 05:48 PM
MandaPandaJo's Avatar Regular
DS was an emergency c-section, cord wrapped around his neck was causing his heart rate to go down and at one point it wouldn't come back up even with a change of position. Would like to do a scheduled c-section this time since i healed so well last time. Nice thing is when we finally stop having kids and I get my excess skin removed from my weightloss the scar will be gone!

June 10th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannimom View Post
Do you UC and do lotus birth?
A UC is about the only kind of birth someone can do a lotus birth on. Some home birth midwives would do it...but for the most part..UC is almost the only way.
dannimom likes this.

June 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Hospital, birthing center, home birth? Vaginal, c/section, medicated, unmedicated?
Hospital birth center with midwife. Natural. I want to deliver in the water this time instead of just laboring in it. If all goes well and the weather is also not crappy (which it could be being February), I will opt to do what I call "express checkout" and leave 6 hours after birth. If you deliver in the "birth center" portion of the hospital (meaning no drugs, epi, or IVs), you can leave as soon as 6 hrs. The max you can stay is 24 hours after birth (unless there are complications). If the weather is bad though I'd just stay overnight so they can do the 24hr newborn tests without me having to drive back there in bad weather the next day.

If you have had other children how where they delivered?
#1 - hospital with OB, induced for pre-c, labored for hours with no meds or epi, but caved in the last hour (little did i know I only had an hour left..they thought it was gonna be another 8 hours or so..lol.

#2 - hospital birth center with midwife, natural. it happened so fast that i wouldn't have been able to get an epi even if I wanted to..had her less than an hour after i arrived.

Last edited by JulieMc; June 10th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.

Tags
birth , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search