Can't Do This...Can Do That

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2012, 09:28 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've hit my first oh moment of pregnancy rules. I had a deep-tissue massage scheduled for today to address a yoga injury/irritation in my shoulder. I just read this morning -- what the hey, I'll do I search... -- that deep tissue massages are not recommended for the first trimester, even if not on the legs or abdomen. I'm waiting to hear back from the masseuse. I think I'd better start studying for these coming months.

What other surprises should I be on the look-out for?
May 28th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have never heard of that before...of course I don't get massages though...LOL. The only things I know you are supposed to avoid or limit in the 1st tri are caffeine, raw meats, non pasteurized dairy foods, raw eggs, raw shellfish or seafood and deli meats. I don't think you are supposed to start a new physical exercise routine in 1st tri. You are not supposed to go scuba diving either it can cause gas bubbles in the babies circulatory system. I can't think of anything else right now...

7/24/12
10/09/12
May 28th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Massages are ano no for the first trimester but no worries you can get one in your second and third... It'll come fast I get massages once a month bc my husband got me s membership last year and I can't seem to give it up lol.... And it is a bummer but I keep focusing on how this time will fly by!

May 28th, 2012, 06:03 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I didn't know that you couldn't get a massage! Of course, I've never had a professional massage anyway, but still. lol

Once you hit your fourth month, no more lying flat on your back or on your belly.
No intense cardio.....keep your heartrate under 140 bpm
No waterslides or amusement part rides.
No jacuzzis or hot tubs.
Nothing that could result in a fall , such as skiing, skating, climbing..... (for me that would mean no moving period. I am such a klutz!)

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Lol Stephanie! When pregnant I'm notorious for bumping into things it's awful

May 29th, 2012, 05:49 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No changing kitty litter. I forgot until DH reminded me that that was his job again, lol. Of course I kind of see this as a perk of being pregnant, lol.

May 29th, 2012, 06:55 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK, I think I have most of these things down. I'm not looking forward to getting less coordinated though. But keep them coming.

I had been doing hot yoga up until the POAS day, so now I have to shift over to a slow morning jog instead. I was unaware of the whole temperature/dehydration issues of pregnancy until very recently as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search