Friends and Family

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ravado

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2012, 04:20 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
Do you have any friends or family members who are also expecting?
Would you like to be pregnant at the same time as someone close to you, or do you want the spotlight?

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 29th, 2012, 05:58 PM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have one friend who is due next month. I don't expect anyone else to be expecting as most are already done. (I'm a late starter compared to them.)

I wouldn't particularly want to have anyone pregnant, if only because I feel like this is a very personal and intimate (she tells the internet UNIVERSE) experience. I don't feel the need to go through it with friends or family. At least, I don't think that would make it easier. But quite the opposite of wanting attention. I dread telling people because of the attention. The idea of a baby shower is horrifying to me.

The only caveat: I'd love for my kid to grow up being close to some of my friends' kids. I have some wonderful childhood memories (and adult friends still) based on the kids of my parents friends.
May 29th, 2012, 06:49 PM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
My sister is getting married on June 17 and wants to get pregnant right away. I was kind of hoping she would so that I could have a baby to cuddle with since I was sad DH was saying no. Now, I'm even more excited and really hope she does so we can be pregnant together!! (It would be her first!) I'm worried that if it doesn't happen for her that she'll be even more sad though.

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
May 30th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I don't feel the need to go through it with friends or family. At least, I don't think that would make it easier. But quite the opposite of wanting attention. I dread telling people because of the attention. The idea of a baby shower is horrifying to me.
Me to a T. In fact I did not have a baby shower with DD1 for this and a couple other reasons. My SIL was pregnant about a month after me with DD #1 and I rather hope I can enjoy this one alone. However, my BIL is getting married early August and they are already saying they plan to get pregnant right away so who knows. If I could I would probably keep my pregnancy just between DH, myself and a couple close people, but I already know that will not happen.

Now that I sound like a miss crabby pants I will swear to you that I am not. Just a silly introvert who enjoys her happy little secret.
mistletoe likes this.

May 30th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have two friends and no family. One is due in about 9wks and the other in Sept. It doesn't bother me if friends/family are pregnant at the same time.

7/24/12
10/09/12
May 30th, 2012, 09:13 AM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd be shocked if I found out any family or friends are expecting along with me! I'd be happy for them and glad to share the spotlight though. If I'm being totally honest, my family will likely just roll their eyes at the thought of us having another LOL. No one will like flip out or anything but I know they won't be falling over themselves to congratulate us. They'll be plenty happy when they have new baby to snuggle though !

My sister, SIL and I were all pregnant and due in 2008 and it's nice to the cousins all be so close in age !

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

May 30th, 2012, 09:45 AM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
I was pregnant with some of my cousins each time I was pregnant before. Christmas of 1998 there were 5 babies under 6 months old there to celebrate. Christmas of 2001 we had 4 under 9 months old.

I've had two other pregnancies where I was pregnant with a family member. Both times that my sister in law was pregnant, I was too. We were actually due within a month of each other both times, but sadly both of those pregnancies ended in miscarriage for me. It makes it hard to celebrate birthdays with my sister in laws kids, because I can't help but think about the fact that we should have a little one that same age.

I'm not a fan of the spotlight though. I'd prefer to not even tell anyone there was a baby coming until the baby was born! lol

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 30th, 2012, 10:01 AM
Sara Kaye + Baby Bean
So far I'm the only one, but DP's best friend & his wife want to start trying as soon as he's home from deployment, which should be mid July. We'll see. I really don't want the attention, I've never liked that much attention. I've moved past the initial excitement into complete dread of telling people. I'm an alumni of a sorority as well - just imagine how that will go for me, with 50+ women and all the squealing & phone calls that will come along with telling some sisters.

The only thing I really want is for my baby to have some others around it's age. DP's niece is 10 months right now, so that makes me happy that mine will have a cousin close in age & location.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search