Where are you delivering at?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2012, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My doc is about 2hrs away. Long drive but so worth it. Dh won't let me use the hospitals close to us, ever since we took DS to the local hospital down here, when we were visiting family(before we moved here) when he was 5wks old and they told us he had the flu. I didn't think that was right so I took him to his doc in Tulsa, OK and he had to be rushed into surgery for pyloric stenosis. Needless to say we don't trust the docs down here. My parents live 25min away from the hospital so I plan to stay with them when I hit 36-37 weeks. It just sucks having to drive over 2hrs for a 10min appointment. I did the same with Olivia.

7/24/12
10/09/12
May 31st, 2012, 11:20 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That drive does suck. I will use a hospital that is about 35-40 minutes away. There is a cloer one but I would rather go to the farther away one. Plus the farther one is half way between home and work so if I needed to get there from work it is closer (I live about an hour from work).

May 31st, 2012, 11:21 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
i will be delivering in our local hospital (15-20min drive)

May 31st, 2012, 11:29 AM
Sara Kaye + Baby Bean
Mine is about 30-45 minutes, depending on where we end up moving. There are several closer than that, but the health system I am a part of is based out of that one particular city. Absolutely wonderful labour & delivery, at this hospital, though.. just recently opened in a brand-new building.

"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
May 31st, 2012, 11:34 AM
azaelia's Avatar Veteran
I'm hoping I can just deliver at home with a midwife. Last pregnancy I drove about an hour to the hospital because our local hospital is awful for L&D and the hospital where I delivered has midwives. It was alright, but I really want to just stay home this time

May 31st, 2012, 11:40 AM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
I will be driving about 20-30 minutes to the hospital, even though there is one about 2-5 minutes away. I've delivered at both and prefer the one farther away. It's newer, bigger (the bathrooms at the one by me were SO tiny I couldn't do my business after giving birth!), and has the one of the best NICUs in the state.

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
May 31st, 2012, 11:54 AM
Super Mommy
I'm lucky -- my hospital is a nice 5 minute WALK or a one minute drive. But it's a small town!
May 31st, 2012, 11:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatomany View Post
I'm lucky -- my hospital is a nice 5 minute WALK or a one minute drive. But it's a small town!
That would be so nice! If I did use the local hospital it would only be a 10-15 min drive, but I don't want to chance using them. I had a friend deliver there and she used the doc that everybody recommend and he still almost killed her. She got a bad infection because he left part of the placenta in.

7/24/12
10/09/12
May 31st, 2012, 12:07 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
10-20 minutes depending on traffic. I do drive past another hospital on the way but it's just a couple miles further away. I lived closer at one point but there is no way I'm switching OBs, I love my OB.

May 31st, 2012, 12:18 PM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I joked with DH that I could ride my bicycle to the hospital to help labor along. It wouldn't be a long ride -- I could walk it.

But since it would be February, we'll probably drive the 2 minutes.

It's sort of the only option, but also decent enough. The doctors'/midwives' office is about a 15 minute drive.

I would love to be at home for the delivery. I despise hospitals. But it was hard enough to get pregnant, I'm just going to suck it up and be super cautious.
May 31st, 2012, 12:27 PM
robertswifey's Avatar *mommy 2 Addi*
I have no idea where I will deliver, not even the state. Hubby is in the Marine Corps and we have orders to move OCt 1, so I guess we shall wait and see where the marine corps sends us
May 31st, 2012, 12:40 PM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
At the local hospital its about 15-20 min away, good experiences I've delivered all of my babies there.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 14, Xandria 12, Thayer 11, Alorah 9, Nathalia 7, Malayna 5, Sawyer 3 and Ryder 2
Make a pregnancy ticker

May 31st, 2012, 01:08 PM
MountainMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to MountainMomma
My next delivery will be a home birth. My hospital births weren't horrible, but I was pressured into things I didn't want to do, so next time I'll do it my way. Especially if we end up getting pregnant and having a winter delivery, because we are in a rural area and the closest L&D is an hour and 15 minutes away. With Iowa winters.... I'd just rather not chance it. I know several from our area who have and even in good weather end up delivering on the side of the road!

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my new siggy!

Click on my blinkies to tour some of my favorite boards!
May 31st, 2012, 01:40 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
The hosptial we chose to go with because the m/w group is there is wonderful, they have a whole birthing center which is rocking! The actual midwife group has multiple offices some close to my (15 min some far 1 hour) so, it just depends who I want to see. Which is cool. I know them all so, I will stick with my fav who is about 35 min away. Well worth the drive

May 31st, 2012, 03:56 PM
ambee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be going to a different hospital than I delivered DD at. The new hospital is about a 40 min drive, but my last hospital poked a whole through DD's throat and it was a huge, horrible debacle. Needless to say, I don't trust them for a myriad of reasons.

*Thank you so much to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!*

Sophie Lucille: In my life for a moment, in my heart for a lifetime. May 25th, 2006 at 16 weeks.
May 31st, 2012, 08:19 PM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The nearest baby delivering hospital is about 20-25 minutes from us. I delivered 3 of my 4 there, with my last they had built a whole new hospital and it was SO nice! I would love to deliver there again but I'm not sure if I can. My OB warned me when I was pregnant with Sophie that if I had to have another c-section I'd have to deliver at a bigger hospital farther away :/. I guess we'll see what happens!

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

May 31st, 2012, 09:18 PM
Hannah-Banana's Avatar Laikon's Mommy
We live like 2 blocks from the hospital! lol. So we're delivering there. I love the midwifes at that hospital, but if I ever have to have a c-section we'll be switching hospitals because they don't allow VBACS.

June 1st, 2012, 09:11 AM
*CrabLegs*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be going to the same hospital as last time, it's 20 mins away with no traffic. There are much closer ones but that's where my OB goes plus DH knows everyone there. They also have a great NICU God forbid we need it.

June 3rd, 2012, 09:00 PM
Super Mommy
I will be delivering at a new hospital that my OB is affiliated with. I delivered DS in another state but I expect good things. My OB had to remove some scar tissue from my previous C-Section and had a great experience with the hospital.

Tags
delivery , pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search