When is your first OBYGN appt?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2012, 10:36 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
we are not allowed to ring up to even make an appt until around 7 weeks before that they say its too early in, after that my appt will be around 8-9 weeks and them my first u/s will be around 12 weeks

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

June 9th, 2012, 06:57 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
i havent made an appointment yet cause i dont want to go to the ob i have now, so im looking into this birthing center not to far from me so i will be calling them on monday to see how early they will see me
June 9th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I go in on June 13th next week to see my family doctor to get it confirmed. I hate that we have to have a confirmation appt when we poas and they are all bfps! From there I assume she will set up my first appointment with my obgyn.

June 9th, 2012, 10:29 AM
azaelia's Avatar Veteran
I go to the health Dept on Monday to get a confirmation and to apply for Medicaid. If they don't approve me (which happened last pregnancy), I'll go to DCBS and apply there (they approved me, go figure). Then I need to call and see if the midwives at the hospital will see me, fx!

June 9th, 2012, 12:14 PM
ukmumof3's Avatar Veteran
I have a Dr appointment on Monday and I'm gonna get her to ring and arrange for a dating scan there and then I won't leave her room till she does I can only be most about 6 weeks but I'm not telling her that I want to know as soon as possible how far I am don't think I could handle waiting a month for a scan
June 9th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Sara Kaye + Baby Bean
I had mine this past Tuesday, for confirmation, and have another appt this coming Tuesday.

"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
June 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will go in Monday for confirmation and they will do a beta and progesterone check. They will give me a referral for an OB since our military hospital doesn't take care of maternity stuff.
I imagine I will be getting an u/s no later than 8 weeks since this was a long cycle and they'll have to pin down when I'm actually due. Which by my guess is February 20th

Oct '11 June '12
June 9th, 2012, 09:16 PM
MelibearMom's Avatar Melissa--expecting #4!!
I was surprised to find out this new doctor I'm going to wants to see you between 6 and 8 weeks! So, my appt. is on Wednesday!! They also do ultrasounds at every appointment so I'm very excited!

Hailey Marie 1-29-13 8lbs. 1 oz.
June 9th, 2012, 09:35 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Since I'm high risk I'll get bloodwork either the day I call or the day after, so probably this Tuesday. As for an actual appointment, I'm not sure, but he said I would be getting a lot of ultrasounds. I'll switch to my midwife at 10weeks, when I'll have my first appointment with her for the pregnancy, which is about when most people would be having their first OB or midwife appointment anyways. The RE's job is to make sure I stay pregnant that long.

June 10th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Super Mommy
June 21st is my first appt. I will be 7w 4d. I think that appt is with the nurse and then I go back the following week to see the doctor. I honestly have no idea what they will do as this is a new doctor for me. They said my appt with the nurse will be 3 hours long.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
June 10th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Veteran
July 2nd. I'll be around 9 weeks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search