When is your first OBYGN appt?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Nugget0612's Avatar Proud Mommy
For all those who are seeing OBYGNs, when is your first appointment?

I just set mine up and it is July 16th. She said we will do an ultrasound at this time.

I feel like that is sooo long to wait for my first appointment. Is 10 weeks along normal to have your first appointment?

I will say I'm sooo excited for it though!

June 7th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Nugget0612's Avatar Proud Mommy
Oh, I'll add that I did already go to the health department to confirm my pregnancy yesterday. They put down my date of conception (may 22) when i'll be 6 months pregnant (oct 22) and my EDD (Feb 15) but that was about it besides telling me to set up an appointment with an OBYGN.

June 7th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My first app is July 6th. I will be 10wks and a few days. Can't wait!

7/24/12
10/09/12
June 7th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Super Mommy
My first appt is June 29th. They wont see me until 8 weeks but will be technically 7week 6 days
June 7th, 2012, 02:25 PM
*BabyMaMa*'s Avatar Kimber MaMa to Leah
My appt is next Tuesday, June 12th, but all they're going to do is confirm the pregnancy. I doubt I'll get an ultrasound til 12wks.

Feb 2012
June 7th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Super Mommy
My doc sees me between 8-10 weeks for the first appointment. I am going to be out of town on my 8 week date, July 3rd, and so will my doctor so my first appointment isn't till the 11th of July. They'll do a pee test, pap and ultrasound.

June 7th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Glowlilac's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine with my midwife is July 12, I'll be a little over 9 weeks then, and they will do an ultrasound that day too.
June 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Mine is with my midwife on June 18th. I will be a little bit over 7 weeks and I will get an ultrasound.

June 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
jojow
I see my m/w at around 12 weeks when we can hear the h/b with the doppler.
June 7th, 2012, 04:44 PM
robertswifey's Avatar *mommy 2 Addi*
June 25 is my first ob appt
June 7th, 2012, 05:08 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My OB won't see me until 12 weeks so I haven't even made an appointment yet since I have a good 6 weeks still.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

June 7th, 2012, 05:28 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
June 18th. I'll be 6wks and 3 days and we'll do a HB/growth u/s that day. The only reason I go in that early is because of a past miscarriage (in February) and she can send that reason code of history of m/c to the insurance company when she submits the bill and they will cover it. If it is not medically justified insurance won't cover it. unless something is wrong I probably won't have another u/s until 18-20wks.

With Riley, i confirmed my pregnancy with my family practitioner at 5ish weeks got my referral to my OB and didn't have my 1st appointment with my OB until i was over 11wks. It really just depends on the clinic and how they schedule patients. Our other clinic in town automatically requests an u/s between 6-8wks to date the pregnancy and then sees you every month after that.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
June 7th, 2012, 08:18 PM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I go in on Wednesday. I am hoping for an ultrasound since I am not totally sure how far along I am.
June 7th, 2012, 08:26 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
July 16. We had vacation planned so we'll be out of town for a month. I scheduled it right after we get back though.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
June 7th, 2012, 08:57 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 1 with my Midwife in 2 weeks, that is a consulation in my home, and then I'll have my first prenatal around 12 weeks.
June 7th, 2012, 09:22 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will most likely have an u/s at 6 weeks but not an official OB appt. I'll schedule my first appt aftef I've had my first u/s and it will be at 8 weeks.

June 8th, 2012, 06:56 AM
MiaVena's Avatar Proud Mommy
21. June

June 8th, 2012, 11:16 AM
shevonfh's Avatar Veteran
I have my first midwife appointment 12th June as the doctor didn't listen to me and decided to date me at 6 weeks. Midwife will probably listen to me and just send me away and tell me to come back when im 8 weeks (2nd July).

Maybes we should start a thread to keep track of everyones appointments? (Was in Dec DDC for a while, they done it and was nice)
Would be nice to keep up to date with how everyone is getting on.

28th April 2012 ~ 5wks 1d ~ forever in our thoughts
June 8th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I still need to make an appointment for "confirmation" (I already know! haha!). I would like to sit down and read all my insurance paperwork, and read all the details about maternity/pregnancy coverage first. I also do not want to continue to see my current OBGYN for pre-natal care. About a year ago we just moved to a new city (where I live now), and I just needed to see someone to refill my birth control. So, I think I will go to my regular family doctor for "confirmation", and ask his opinion on good OB's. I have been trying to look up OB's in this (new) area with good reviews, and apparently nobody likes to give online reviews! That is okay. I would just ask people I know about recommendations, but I don't want to spill the beans that I am pregnant just yet! So that is my little pickle about OB's and first appointments. Still fairly new to the area, and don't know who to see!
June 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
*CrabLegs*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my confirmation apt yesterday which is pretty boring. I'll have an ultrasound in 2 weeks to get an exact date since my periods are erratic due to BF still.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search