any other high risk?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 8th, 2012, 09:45 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any other high risk mom's here?

If so, why?

I have a blood clotting disorder, history of pregnancy loss, and history of PIH/Preeclampsia...I'll probably do lovenox again, and who knows what she wants to do about my blood pressure...I was sent to a high risk OB during my last pregnancy for that, which I had to travel to, so i'm hoping she wont do that again.

June 8th, 2012, 10:33 PM
History of loss (x2), 2 preterm labors, sciatica & back spasms, seizures, uterine prolapse...
June 9th, 2012, 04:58 AM
*CrabLegs*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to a perinateologist for my gestational diabetes and was followed by them but I was never officially told I was "high risk".

June 9th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
For the first time I was classified as "moderate risk" because I just delivered less than a year ago (8 months) and I had elevated liver enzymes postpartum for quite a few months. I guess there is a risk of smaller babies when you have them close together like that. More so, if they are <6 months in pregnancy spreads.

June 9th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am high risk because I have history of loss, all my children were born premature, 1 didnt live past 2 months, I have had cysts rupture during pregnancy causing internal bleeding, and twisted overy, I had a plecental abruption.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
June 9th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Super Mommy
I'm only high risk because I get preeclamptic. With DD1 I had issues starting at 14 weeks and with DD2 I was fine until 36 weeks and had to deliver her slightly early.

June 9th, 2012, 09:45 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I will be again yes because my first daughter we lost had chromosome (sp) defects .. Although I have had three healthy children since they still put me high risk.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

June 9th, 2012, 10:40 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not high risk but my OB keeps an extra eye on me in the beginning because of recurrent pregnancy loss. I have seen a peri for 2 of my pregnancies, with Lilly since she had T18 and once with Jax around 32 weeks since his heart was skipping every other beat for a couple of weeks. I hope I don't have to see the peri for this pregnancy.

June 9th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Super Mommy
Hypertension, history of insulin-dependent gestational diabetes (X2), pregnancy loss (X 2), history of multiples, history of pre-term labor
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
June 9th, 2012, 11:57 AM
ukmumof3's Avatar Veteran
not really but they always scan me at least every 4 weeks I think cos my sons water was very low when I had him and cos I'm on methadone but finding out this early I will have time to reduce my script I know people will think I should come of it completely but this would be real bad for me because of relapse and I am only just getting past 6 months clean. I have stopped taking my anti depressants though so won't have to worry about them this time.
June 9th, 2012, 06:33 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I am.....

Reasons: recurrent loss (4 consecutive) which turns out to have been from a blood clotting disorder and genetic mutations that make me more prone to clots. I also had pre-e with my first baby (ended up being induced at 37w5d), but that all went fine.

I will be on heparin the duration of the pregnancy. Already on baby aspirin, Folbic, and prenatals. I might ask about being switched to lovenox though..I'm not sure why straight up heparin was prescribed, cuz that's two shots a day. I still gotta go in so they can show me how to do the shots because I'm supposed to start them right away. I'll probably get in to see the RE on Tues., or at least get my beta hcg and progesterone checks done.

I'll see RE for first 10 weeks, then be switched off to my midwife. I'll just have to have extra ultrasounds and blood tests throughout to make sure that my platelets don't get too low on the heparin.

June 9th, 2012, 07:03 PM
elle8's Avatar Super Mommy
I am new to all this but I think I am high risk for a couple reasons. I am 37, and most likely carrying twins due to IVF. Hopefully that will be my only issue!

Thanks ~Nicole~ for my perfect siggy!
June 9th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMc View Post
I am.....

Reasons: recurrent loss (4 consecutive) which turns out to have been from a blood clotting disorder and genetic mutations that make me more prone to clots. I also had pre-e with my first baby (ended up being induced at 37w5d), but that all went fine.

I will be on heparin the duration of the pregnancy. Already on baby aspirin, Folbic, and prenatals. I might ask about being switched to lovenox though..I'm not sure why straight up heparin was prescribed, cuz that's two shots a day. I still gotta go in so they can show me how to do the shots because I'm supposed to start them right away. I'll probably get in to see the RE on Tues., or at least get my beta hcg and progesterone checks done.

I'll see RE for first 10 weeks, then be switched off to my midwife. I'll just have to have extra ultrasounds and blood tests throughout to make sure that my platelets don't get too low on the heparin.
What blood clotting disorder do you have? I was on lovenox twice a day in my last pregnancy, and switched to heparin at the very end...The heparin was actually more painful than the lovenox...I'm on BA right now, and extra folic acid...I wasn't ttc so I wasn't on them ahead of time which worries me...I'm not looking forward to the shots twice a day again...they don't hurt so bad, but I got bruised really badly and then my stomach was horribly itchy, which then would turn into a rash from scratching...it was just never ending...I got extra blood draws and extra ultrasounds through-out my whole pregnancy...I haven't talked to my dr so i'm not sure what her plan is going to be.

June 9th, 2012, 10:04 PM
My clotting times were prolonged on the tests for lupus anti-coagulant, that's the thing that the RE is most concerned about. He said the other genetic things don't mean too much unless you have another clotting issue, which I do.

Yea, everything I've read sounds like lovenox is the standard protocol, and switch to heparin at the end. 2 shots a day for 9 months is going to get old really fast, especially if it is painful.

Did you bruise a lot? The RE told me that if I even get bumped lightly while on it I'm likely to bruise. With 2 toddlers, omg...I am going to be a walking, giant bruise...people are going to think I get beat up or something. lol. I hope he was exaggerating.

June 10th, 2012, 06:36 AM
I have incompetent cervix. Loss at 20 weeks, my past two pregnancies successful with cerclage placed at 13 weeks. I will be having cerclage done again.
June 10th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMc View Post
My clotting times were prolonged on the tests for lupus anti-coagulant, that's the thing that the RE is most concerned about. He said the other genetic things don't mean too much unless you have another clotting issue, which I do.

Yea, everything I've read sounds like lovenox is the standard protocol, and switch to heparin at the end. 2 shots a day for 9 months is going to get old really fast, especially if it is painful.

Did you bruise a lot? The RE told me that if I even get bumped lightly while on it I'm likely to bruise. With 2 toddlers, omg...I am going to be a walking, giant bruise...people are going to think I get beat up or something. lol. I hope he was exaggerating.
I bruise a lot any way so it's hard for me to say....I bump myself and I get a huge bruise, so I don't think it was any difference when I was on lovenox...I did however bruise a lot on my stomach...it was pretty much black and blue and sore...I think all dr's say things differently about blood clotting disorders...I tested positive for lupus anticoagulant and then negative on my next test...I then tested positive for 2 of the same gene mutations for MTHFR (I can't remember which ones, i'd have to look it up)...I know some dr's don't do anything for MTHFR, but my OB and the high risk OB I saw both said lovenox, especially with my history of a stillbirth and then a loss at 15 weeks (I also had a loss at 9 weeks and I had a blood clot (SCH) behind the placenta, so that might of been the reason why)...So I think the lovenox is the only reason I have my baby boy today and i'm hoping that it works again in this pregnancy

June 10th, 2012, 08:40 AM
They did the lupus anticoagulant test on me three times and it was positive every time. The first time my midwife had ordered the test, and the lab incorrectly labeled it "normal"....it was only caught when the RE looked at my records, so he had it run two more times a few weeks apart. Mine just gave me the Folbic for the MTHFR thing, because I guess you don't process folic acid as well.

I'm an easy bruiser as well. :/

I hope that the heparin (or lovenox if i can convince him to switch me to that) is the answer for my losses and will help me keep this one. This will be my first pregnancy on it.

June 10th, 2012, 09:21 AM
there's a group on babycenter that I read all the time, all about lovenox/heparin...I didn't post, but i'd go read it and it helped me learn a lot...I can send you a link if you want.

June 10th, 2012, 11:02 AM
MandaPandaJo's Avatar Regular
My pregnancy has yet to be classified high risk but I may be since I just had a miscarriage, I have an autoimmune disease, and I am 35. Not to mention a gastric bypass patient which can make absorbing vitamins hard at times though that has not been a problem for quite a while.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search