Qotd 6/09

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2012, 01:15 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
What will be your first big item that you buy for baby?

June 9th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing We don't need anything. We already have a carseat, packnplay, and a crib. I guess you could consider the mini van we are going to buy the first big item for the baby though

7/24/12
10/09/12
June 9th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Super Mommy
CLOTH DIAPERS!!! I have about 24 now but when the new baby comes I'll have 2 cloth for a little bit, so I'll have to buy a few more. I want to wait to buy those until I can find the gender so I can get some cute gender ones to add to my mostly neutral supply.

June 9th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have already started, I bought a cradle and a bassinette. I will probably buy a carseat and stroller set next we are just waiting to findout how many before we buy that.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
June 9th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Super Mommy
I got rid of all my baby gear, so I'll be buying a carseat for sure!
June 9th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Possibly a car seat first. Since I have no children, and I am "brand new" to all the baby gear, it will take me a while to research all the large items for recalls, safety, quality, etc. I do know that I would prefer to buy the larger items in "gender neutral" colors so that if my second child is a different gender then my first child, I will not have to go out and buy all new things!
June 9th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have talked about getting a new minivan, but that isn't just because of the baby. If it is a girl we will buy some cute girly clothes.
June 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM
azaelia's Avatar Veteran
We have all the essentials already: carseat, stroller, highchair, pack n play. The "big" item I want to get for this one, though, is a good woven wrap for baby wearing. Considering some of the higher end ones can cost over $300, I think that qualifies as a "big" item.

June 9th, 2012, 02:22 PM
ukmumof3's Avatar Veteran
definitely a new car if there is one that will fit 4 car seats in the back or its gonna have to be a mini van
June 9th, 2012, 06:17 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want a new car seat. We still have the one that Jax used but I hated it.

June 9th, 2012, 09:59 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my baby is 8 months, so we have almost everything...Only big item I really want to get is a new swing since his didn't work well...I'll have to get him a new carseat, and a crib since i'll need the infant seat and pack n play for the new baby...if it's a girl we'll need clothes/blankets...If it's a boy we'll have almost everything we need.

June 9th, 2012, 10:19 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have all the major baby items- stroller/carseat, swing, pack'n'play, highchair, bouncy seat from Riley in a neutral pattern so that's not an issue. We'll have to buy a new crib, dresser, and changing table but won't til the end or after the baby is here because they'll remain in the boxes until we move back to AZ. So really the first item i want to buy is an Ergo baby carrier. They're $100+ so that'll be my "big" item until the furniture.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
June 10th, 2012, 03:53 AM
jojow
I already have pretty much all the big items. I will probably buy some clothes throughout the summer (boy and girl, since I won't be finding out). Other than that, I can't really think of much that I need.
June 10th, 2012, 04:48 AM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only thing we really need is a swing, the one we used with Sophie got damaged by our oldest ds. We bought new stuff when I was expecting Sophie but we thought she was our last so it's all girly and pink, I will feel sorry this snugglebug if it's a boy LOL!

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

June 10th, 2012, 05:23 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
we dont need anything we have the carseat, packnplay and a swing, if its a girl i will have to buy clothes
June 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM
gratzie's Avatar Expecting #2!!!
We didn't have to buy hardly anything for DS since our good friends loaned us mostly everything...now they are having a baby in November and I've already given her back most of the NB stuff. Sooo, guess we will be buying a LOT is time around. Car seat (the one given to us last time is 6yo now), swing, toys, clothes (especially if it's a girl), the jump seat for the UppaBaby, and possibly a double BOB. First thing I'll buy are some new maternity clothes...I loaned a lot to my friend, and I don't wanna be like hey, can I have that back now that I'm pregnant? Haha!

June 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I don't need anything. I already have two toddlers of each gender, so everything we have is still in good shape. I will, however, buy some new clothes for the baby and a new wrap and possibly a new Ergo in a fun color (I have a tan one already).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search