Vbac Momma's-

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Veteran
I am hoping to to do a VBAC after a failed induction (For no reason) led to my c-section. I've become kind of obsessed with researching and thinking about it. My new OB seems to be "willing" but not supportive. I have an appnt on 6/13 with a midwife. I want to create the perfect support system to promote a VBAC.

I think the road to VBAC is going to be a very emotional ride, especially because DH wants me to have another c-section.

Anyone else planning to VBAC? Changing Doctors? Emotions?
Baby #1 2007 13 weeks
Baby #2 2008 8 weeks
Diagnosed in 2012 with PCOS and Homozygous MTHFR 677T

Proud mommy to baby girl B born 10/30/10
June 9th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wish i could there is no doctor willing to try for me sine i had two c-sections after one vag birth.

why does dh want you to have section?

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
June 9th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I'm going for a VBAC. Before I was wheeled into surgery, I made the surgeon swear she would stitch me up in a way that would make it possible to have a VBAC. Then after the surgery, I made her ask my mid-wife if I would be a candidate for a VBAC. She said definitely, and as of right now, I still am in.

Mid-wife is definitely the way to go. Interview people until you find one you (and hopefully your husband) will like.

I was so bitter about my c-section, but got even more bitter after seeing how quickly all my friends were able to get back up on their feet and spend some serious quality time with their LOs. And now that I have a two and a half year old running around, I'm even more determined.
June 9th, 2012, 06:52 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck to all of you going for a VBAC! My SIL just had a successful VBAC last month

June 9th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Super Mommy
I will not be doing a VBAC even though I had a ruff csection with DS (Yes, I felt EVERYTHING and then they didnt hook me back up with pain meds after my blood pressure starting dropping. Literally felt like someone poured fire into my belly!) But I tend to have some big children. Poor DS was wedged so far down he had a cone head without delivering vaginally! DS was born at 39 weeks at 9lbs 1oz 22 inches long.

I now live half way across the country from where I delivered DS and LOVE my OB. She removed scar tissue from that first csection and this way she can also check on all of it too.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

June 9th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Veteran
He thinks vaginal birth is weird. Its taken him several years to understand there is 3 holes, not two. When I talk about midwifes, he says "oh all that hippy ****". Little does he know I am researching hypnobirthing. I honestly need to sit down with him and explain the reasons I want a VBAC. I felt like such a failure after my c-section, and I had a horrible time bonding with dd. We also struggled for 3 months trying to breast feed with low milk supply and "sleepy baby" it would take hours per feeding. I think this had a lot to do with not getting the oxctocin surge from vaginal birth.
Baby #1 2007 13 weeks
Baby #2 2008 8 weeks
Diagnosed in 2012 with PCOS and Homozygous MTHFR 677T

Proud mommy to baby girl B born 10/30/10
June 10th, 2012, 05:16 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
I will be trying for a vbac this time i also was induced and then sent for a c-section after 28 hours of labor! so i am researching midwives in my area
June 10th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Veteran
I'm doing an HBAC (home birth after cesarean), assuming everything goes smoothly. I had a terrible experience w/ my dd and never want to go through it again. If your hubby isn't really being supportive, I would consider getting a doula for your birth too. You're gonna need someone there who will support you and what you want without their opinions getting in the way.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search