Baby Registries... any BTDT input??

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By CptStargel
  • 1 Post By martilynne

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Sara Kaye + Baby Bean
Ok so being halfway through 6 weeks I feel like I'm jumping the gun, but I'm too darn excited. Plus this is my first go around at it, and I have no idea what I'm doing. I don't think I'll begin to create registries just yet, likely won't start it until the fall, but I'm a planner and that means I need to start making list NOW lol

I'm thinking BuyBuy Baby and Babies R Us. My major question, especially for BTDT mom's: what should go on a baby registry?? And again, for BTDT mom's: was there anything in retrospect that you could have gone without putting on there? Or is there no such thing as too large of a baby registry?

These next few months are going to drag onnnnn and on and on.

"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
June 10th, 2012, 11:11 AM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did BRU and Target. Lots of people didn't even use my registry! Lol! Then we got a few doubles. Don't worry it's all exchangeable! Everyone thinks u need blankets so expect to get tons. And receiving blankets are pretty useless because they are not big enough to swaddle a full term baby. Unless u get the big stretchy ones. We got about a 100 crappy swaddling blankets that we used for spit rags! We truly love our Diaper Genie, but not everyone does. Definitely get extra crib sheets for those night where the diaper leaks. Then u can just change them out in the night without having to do laundry first. Ill stop there! Lol!
sarakaye0726 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

June 10th, 2012, 11:57 AM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We registered at BRU. I don't think you can put too much on there since you will get a registry completion coupon good for anything that is left on your registry.
CptStargel likes this.

June 10th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I usually register at Target and Walmart. I put everything imaginable on the list, my list is always huge! We have everything from Olivia though, so the only thing we need this time is clothes.

7/24/12
10/09/12
June 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love to put lots on and I start early because it also helps me plan out what I want and need.

I love sleep sacks and swaddle me blankets. Especially considering the baby will be born in winter. vibrating chairs were a couldnt live without for me, I loved my nursery sanitizer, a great mobile especially the ones with a remote so that you don't have to come all the way into the room.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
June 10th, 2012, 01:13 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree u can never put too much on it or start too soon! BRU gave us 10% off everything left on our registry afterwards I think. The best gift we got was a gift card to a photo studio. We got free newborn pics. It was really nice. BRU has their own pic studio too.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

June 10th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Sara Kaye + Baby Bean
I've luckily got photos taken care of, DP's best friend's wife runs her own studio. She'll likely be doing a few maternity, and all of our newborn, 6 month, etc...

DP is currently excited about getting to play with the scanner things.. and I'm presently overwhelmed by all of the stuff that comes along with having your first baby. literally starting at square one -- all we have is a crib, dresser, and (hopefully) a rocking chair.

"The expected is just the beginning. The unexpected is what changes our lives."
June 10th, 2012, 01:44 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Thinking back, I didn't end up needing 75% of the stuff I got. You really only need a car seat, wrap or carrier, diapers, diaper cream, nursing pads, lanolin, pump, nose sucker thingy, wipes, clothes....anything else I am forgetting? Most of the rest of the stuff is worthless crap you won't need.

June 10th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Super Mommy
I don't think there is anything wrong with having a large registry. There are quite a few things I know I can do without so I won't put nearly as much stuff on my registry this time around. If you want any suggestions on what you need/don't need send me a PM. I made sure I put a number of inexpensive items on my registry last time as most people I know can't afford the big ticket items.
Gavyn & Kendric - 8
Joseph - 18 months
Step-mom to:
Kiersten - 8
June 10th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Veteran
I registered at BRU and WalMart, but not a single person shopped off my registries. It never hurts to put extras on there and then if you get it and decide you don't need it, you can return or regift it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search