Log In Sign Up

HPTs are faint


Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ninja_mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
June 10th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 557
My HPTs are faint. I know they can be faint, especially if you are unsure how far along you are. But, I think I am 14dpo. I am using FRER. At 10dpo, it was still negative. I MIGHT be one day off and actually be just 13 dpo. But I was thinking the test line should have been darker...like the control line, by now. I am not "giving up hope" or anything, I just have a huge history of miscarriages anyway and am trying to gauge where I am. Clearly, I will know more later, when I see the doctor tomorrow.

BUT..the question is..on your HPTs..were't the lines pretty dark by the time you got this far along?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
June 10th, 2012, 01:59 PM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
With my last pregnancy at 13 dpo it was very faint on my dollar store test and on my answer test it wasn't anywhere near as dark as the control line and everything was fine I know it is hard but try not to worry too much (easier said than done!)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
June 10th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 550
My lines were faint at that point. I kept taking the cheapies from Walmart and they got darker.
__________________
Thank you, Claire1979, for my awesome siggie!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
June 10th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 4,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer70 View Post
My HPTs are faint. I know they can be faint, especially if you are unsure how far along you are. But, I think I am 14dpo. I am using FRER. At 10dpo, it was still negative. I MIGHT be one day off and actually be just 13 dpo. But I was thinking the test line should have been darker...like the control line, by now. I am not "giving up hope" or anything, I just have a huge history of miscarriages anyway and am trying to gauge where I am. Clearly, I will know more later, when I see the doctor tomorrow.

BUT..the question is..on your HPTs..were't the lines pretty dark by the time you got this far along?
If your test was still begative at 10 dpo, then you may have implanted late. So lets say you implanted at 10 dpo, you would just test positive at 12-13 dpo. So i would expect that line to be light. I would say test again in the morming and see if it is any darker.. Maybe even another day. I have had two chem pregnancies and those light lines are scary.
These are ny pics from may 6 and 7.... I had a negative test by may 8 and bleeding by the 9 th
This was as dark as they got and ut was 10 and 11 dpo


This is from this pregnancy... Positive at 13 dpo

And this is the progression

You can actually seea difference in not only the lune darkness but also the color. With the chem pregnancy the pink line is very smudgy and almost off. I hope this maybe helps.
__________________
Stefanie, Wife to Paul, Mom to cailyn (13), caleigh (12), cameron (11) christopher (8), Lilly (3) and Emma(2) and Staci born 12/19/13
3/12/12 5/9/12 7/05/2012 1/24/13

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together

Last edited by Papasgirl; June 10th, 2012 at 05:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
June 10th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,010
This was my bfp at 12dpo.

__________________
Make a pregnancy ticker

Reply With Quote
  #6  
June 10th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,684
I just took another yesterday and it was still fairly faint, solid but faint. My beta on thursday was 748 so you would think the line would be really dark.
__________________
MOM of 6!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
June 10th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,010
Can we see a pic of yours?
__________________
Make a pregnancy ticker

Reply With Quote
  #8  
June 10th, 2012, 05:43 PM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oahu
Posts: 7,225
Maybe not everyone's HCG enters the urine in the same manor? I know some people get better FMU and others better at night.
MountainMomma likes this.
__________________

Oct '11 June '12
Reply With Quote
  #9  
June 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 557
How would I attach a picture?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
June 10th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,010
Upload it to a site like photobucket and then attach it by clicking on the attach image button above and pasting the direct image link from photobucket.
__________________
Make a pregnancy ticker

Reply With Quote
  #11  
June 10th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papasgirl View Post
If your test was still begative at 10 dpo, then you may have implanted late. So lets say you implanted at 10 dpo, you would just test positive at 12-13 dpo. So i would expect that line to be light. I would say test again in the morming and see if it is any darker.. Maybe even another day. I have had two chem pregnancies and those light lines are scary.
These are ny pics from may 6 and 7.... I had a negative test by may 8 and bleeding by the 9 th
This was as dark as they got and ut was 10 and 11 dpo


This is from this pregnancy... Positive at 13 dpo

And this is the progression

You can actually seea difference in not only the lune darkness but also the color. With the chem pregnancy the pink line is very smudgy and almost off. I hope this maybe helps.
Your pictures....the lighter ones....look like my current ones.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
June 10th, 2012, 06:05 PM
JoyandNumberFive's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 647
This was my first test and it was on the day I my period was due so probably around 14dpo although I'm not charting or anything so that would be an estimate. I took more and they didn't get much darker than that, I did take a digital too which was nice to just see the word "pregnant". All is well here so far, no spotting or concerns. Positive Pregnancy Test or Negative Pregnancy Test? Vote now!
__________________
Joy, Wife to Glen and mother to:

Reply With Quote
  #13  
June 10th, 2012, 07:45 PM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 2,437
these are my tests.

13DPO and 15DPO. I'd say test every other day if you can or if you do test everyday only compare the ones from every other day and you will see a huge difference. I'm still testing until my appointment next monday but when i tested on 21DPO (friday morning) it was finally darker than the control and actually made the control line look faint. You'll get there
I know it's hard to think that, i had a m/c in february and so i'm just paranoid but testing makes me feel better LOL. I have one digi left that i plan on taking the day of my appointment just to see how fast it comes up. When i took one on 13DPO it took nearly the whole 3 mins to show and i thought i was going to have a panic attack during the wait!
__________________




Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
Reply With Quote
  #14  
June 10th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing View Post
I just took another yesterday and it was still fairly faint, solid but faint. My beta on thursday was 748 so you would think the line would be really dark.
What brand did you use?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
June 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,684
I used FRED and Pro-Care
__________________
MOM of 6!

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
June 10th, 2012, 07:57 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,999
FRER are not as good as they used to be. With my pregnancy last Dec., my lines on an FRER were still pretty light at 14dpo. They used to be so much better like 3-4 years ago.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #17  
June 10th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Super Mommy
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 557


The green marked one is today and the other was yesterday. So..today, I should be 13 or 14 dpo...maybe 13.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0