We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Hopefully you'll go on your own before that and it won't matter I know there are a lot of people that have bad induction stories and it's easy to relay those and remember those. I was induced at 40w4d due to low fluids (.7) and was only 1cm 30% effaced. I labored from 6am-4pm with pit no epi, got to 3cm then at 4 got an epi. I started pushing at 7:30 and my daughter who had zero complications and was immediately handed to me was born at 8:12. While I VERY much hope I go on my own this time do I get to experience that - her birth was perfect.
I'm not saying that all inductions go well because they don't - they fail sometimes and end up in c-section etc and it does happen often. But sometimes that's all people hear, so I like to share my positive induction story to try to balence out the fear.
That said, I think a blanket induction is odd. But only you and your doctor know your situation and as long as you remember that you are the one in control of when and if it happens you'll be fine there are always pro and cons to every situation and you just have to do what you are comfortable with, not what others are comfortable with for themselves
I just found out yesterday that I'll be induced at 39 weeks. I'm not too stressed over it. I was induced with my first (at 40 weeks) and that went fine and the NICU at this hospital is run by Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in Nashville so it's one of the best in the country. I can understand your wanting to go into labor on your own, though.
I'm supposed to be induced at 39 weeks, too. I was with dd#1 and with dd#2, I hadn't made my mind up as to whether I would agree to it. Luckilly, she made the decision for me and came before 39 weeks. I'm high risk but, I'm not completely convinced that I *need* to be induced. At the same time, I don't want any of the "what if's" if I refuse the induction, go past 39 weeks and something bad happens. You do what you need to do for what's right for you and baby.
Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!