I have two questions

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By pinkpopsicles
  • 1 Post By Excited_mommy
  • 1 Post By ratladee
  • 1 Post By jojow
  • 1 Post By ratladee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 12:49 PM
amcashes's Avatar Swollen Feet Mommy
Question number 1
I am 18 weeks pregnant and I cannot eat anything like chips due to the salt. But I crave salt. Does anyone else have this or knows what it means?

Question number 2
Does anyone else have blonde hair on their belly? I have never had it with any of my other pregnancies so I have no idea why I have it or what causes it.

I am a crunchy stay at home mom to a , , and a my husband is in our eyes.
September 19th, 2012, 12:57 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Hey! You're in kansas too! What part? Why can't you eat chips?

September 19th, 2012, 01:05 PM
pinkpopsicles's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah, why can't you have salt? Blood pressure? I discovered I actually crave it when I need it. I'm also seriously craving sugar right now--specifically candy corn, which I know I don't need so...not always an indication of anything I suppose...LOL
chickadee likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry, I have no idea on the salt... though I crave it pretty often myself.

As for the hair, I had some hair on my belly before the pregnancy so little seems to have changed, lol.

September 19th, 2012, 01:18 PM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
i crave a lot of salt..chips, popcorn, nuts, ketchup, the list goes ON and ON...Im gonna have to cut it out soon or im gonna BLOAT like crazy..

If your vitamin/mineral testing came back ok on blood work it shouldn't be a deficiency in anything..

if you cant have salt add citrus too your food - lemon or lime and try seasonings that are salt free to give it a lil tangy flavor..
September 19th, 2012, 02:17 PM
@ratladee I am in Emporia. I cannot eat chips or anything with salt because it makes me sick.

@calijk Thank you

September 19th, 2012, 02:24 PM
1st time mom
Idk about the salt question..
However, sense like 12 weeks or so I have noticed a little hair on my belly and it drives me insane! I hate having hair anywhere but my head! So I hope it goes away after baby arrives.
amcashes likes this.
September 19th, 2012, 02:27 PM
jojow
Strange about not being able to eat chips. But try to get salt into your diet other ways because it is actually extremely important. That is why you are craving it. I use Celtic sea salt on all my food and in my cooking. If I feel like I'm not getting enough, sometimes I will dissolve a bit in warm water and drink it.

My belly gets hairier in pregnancy, no idea why.
September 19th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Make sure you are getting iodized salt. You can get sick from not eating enough. Sea salt doesn't have that in it.
kikismith likes this.

September 19th, 2012, 05:05 PM
jojow
Real sea salt (grey, brown, pink, etc) does have iodine in it and other minerals our bodies need. I also eat foods with iodine to make sure I get enough (real food sources are better for the body than supplemental sources anyway).
ratladee likes this.
September 19th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Super Mommy
Some foods have salt in them naturally, such as celery. Chips are not only healthy but they are saturated in salt. I can't add any salt to my food because of high blood pressure, if you eat the right foods, you should not have to add table salt to your diet. I think craving salt may mean that you are sodium deficient. But if it makes you sick, stay away.

Never going to forget my angels in heaven. Until we meet again my loves. Mommy loves you.

September 19th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojow View Post
Real sea salt (grey, brown, pink, etc) does have iodine in it and other minerals our bodies need. I also eat foods with iodine to make sure I get enough (real food sources are better for the body than supplemental sources anyway).
ohhhhhhh good to know I've had a few people come into the lab to get levels tested because they jumped on the sea salt band wagon lol, obviously not the real kind
jojow likes this.

September 20th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I've never seen the real kind.

September 20th, 2012, 03:55 PM
jojow
This is what I use. Selina Naturally - Celtic Sea Salt Bag Light Grey Course - 5 lb.: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

And here's a good link about sea salt. Are You Scared of Salt? | Wellness Mama

You should be able to find the real stuff in any health food store. Trader Joe's and Whole Foods sell it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search