OB Office Rant!

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Super Mommy
So tomorrow I was supposed to have my big scan. I did not get a confirmation text, email or phone call like I normally do. So I called real quick right before my regular dr appt about my back today. I got the LAME excuse that they called and left me a VM last week to reschedule because the ultrasound people will not be able to come into their office tomorrow.

Now let me rewind to my last drs appt last week. I had to reschedule because I showed up and found a sign one the door stating the office was closed due to CONSTRUCTION!! I called the office and they swore they left me a detailed message to let me know that they will be closed and needed to reschedule. I didnt get any!! I had them make a notation that if they had to leave a VM to call DH's cell phone.

Now back to today. I had her confirm BOTH phone numbers and the note about calling DH's cell phone and did they? NOPE!! I was so P!SSED! I mean seriously twice in one month! My mom was supposed to fly in for this appt but at the last min her work scheduled got moved around. Thank goodness or I would have been REALLY upset. It is bad enough that I was able to get DH to take time off of work to go with me (which he NEVER does). So now I am to go next Thursday at 8am. I have had this appt made for 3 MONTHS!

So I go in to talk to my DR about my back and she is sending me to a special PT that handles preggo. I will let you all know how that goes. I love my primary doctor. She commented on my blood pressure which I knew it was going to be through the roof with the other stuff going on and I tell her the story. I was so mad that I told her she had to refer me to someone else because it was ridiculous. Nothing against my dr but its the office staff that sucks! She said she was good friends with my OB and she called her about what happened WHILE I was there!

I guess my BP has been slowly going up since becoming preggo (which I didnt know about) and now have to take it every day and bring it with me to my next OB appt. So now my OB is going to talk to her office staff and said she was very sorry for what I have been experiencing and thank you for giving her another chance.

UGGHHH SOOOOO FRUSTRATING.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

September 19th, 2012, 04:11 PM
1st time mom
Geez that's rediculous! Sorry you have to deal with all of that! I would hate to wait so long and have it rescheduled! Especially without notice. At least your OB seems to care. I hope everything goes great for you on Thursday!
September 19th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
I am so sorry . I would be so incredibly upset. That office staff has unacceptable behavior. I hope the next week flies by for you!

September 20th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That would make me very frustrated as well! I hope they shape up for you.

September 20th, 2012, 09:25 AM
*CrabLegs*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry for your frustration and inconvenience. I don't know what's wrong with some doctor's staffs. I've had a few problems with my own. I showed up for a sono and when I went to sign in they said "Oh, we called you and left a message, the sono tech couldn't make it so we had to cancel all the ultrasounds." Um, that's nice and all but no, you didn't call me and I have no message. SO annoying! I hope you don't have to deal with this more in the future.

September 20th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Super Mommy
It is certainly a pain. It is like come on get your crap together.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search