So irritated....

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JaneDoe
  • 1 Post By mykesmomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2012, 04:58 PM
mykesmomma's Avatar Veteran
I get up for work at 5:30 every morning. I work all day, come home, help DS with homework, cook dinner, do dishes, do laundry, clean house, take DS to cub scouts on his meeting nights, do more laundry, get DS ready and in bed, all while 18 weeks pregnant. All while my boyfriend lays in bed all day. Granted he works 3rd shift. But to be in bed from 8 am and still in bed now (its 8 pm where I live). I just feel like Im doing all on my own already. And Im getting so mad. Im just now getting to sit down and relax at 8pm. I just wanna cry.

Mychael Todd Allen 10/29/2004
My angel baby went to heaven 1/13/2006
Isabella Rose 2/12/2013
September 19th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
Hugs mama.

September 19th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Veteran
That does sound tough. I hope he contributes in other ways, and appreciates how hard you're working.
Hokie Nicole likes this.
September 20th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
((HUGS)) I feel ya.. my hubby comes home and naps for 2 hours everyday, and then complains that my business isn't making as much money as it used to..o.O Yet I get up the same time in the morning as he does, get him off to work, get the kids up and fed, lunches made, uniforms on, then walk them the 1.5 miles to school, walk home, clean up from the breakfast/lunch making, then attempt to work, yet he calls me and blabs (seriously it pisses me off at this point.. I hope it is preggo hormones) for 20 minutes twice a day while I am trying to work, then I have to walk back to pick up the kids, help with homework and make dinner, then supervise clean up and showers all while he naps, before he gets up off the couch to go to bed at 10 pm.. sigh..
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

September 20th, 2012, 10:37 AM
MiaVena's Avatar Proud Mommy
aww, im sorry you are having a tough time...i hope he is really appreciating how much you are working !
September 20th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
My husband works all the time! Mine is never home and when he is he does help some. Other than that I'm on my own majority of the time with everything to do. Hugs to you.

September 20th, 2012, 11:14 AM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs! I definitely feel you on that 3rd shift Husband some days. He's got a 1st shift position set up as soon as the new hire is trained. It's been long and drawn out. He originally interviewed and got the 1st shift position in mid-july. took a month to find his replacement. Then the lady he worked with who also interviewed for the 1st shift position told the bosses on the his replacements 2nd night on the job that the next night was going to be her last night. So JJ had to stay and cover her position until they finally found her replacement (last week) and gets him trained. so fingers crossed he will be on 1st shift the first week or so of Oct.

We've had many discussions on me needing his help around the house since i go to school 3/4 time for nursing and i'm supposed to be spending a good amount of time on homework which doesn't always happen. He's pretty good about being up anywhere from 3-5pm depending on what time he got home and actually got in bed. then there are other days where he does the sleep til 8pm thing and i want to strangle him! There are a couple times i've told him i feel like a single mom with a part time roommate/friends-with-benefits arrangement. It's hurt his feelings when i've told him that but it's the only way it gets through to him that i'm not supermom/superwoman, as much as i want to be, and need his help.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
September 20th, 2012, 03:12 PM
mykesmomma's Avatar Veteran
Thanks ladies. Although it sucks, its nice to know Im not the only one that feels like this.
Rebelmommy likes this.

Mychael Todd Allen 10/29/2004
My angel baby went to heaven 1/13/2006
Isabella Rose 2/12/2013
September 20th, 2012, 04:23 PM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
He needs to help out a little bit! Hopefully he does and this is just a sleepy day for him.. Im about to go through something similar but be fending all on my own...My bf just got a great new job but hell be gone 5 weeks at a time!
September 20th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Super Mommy
Just had a serious conversation with my hubby 2 nights ago about this same thing. What has helped us (though not foolproof) is I make lists. Things that I need or want him to do I write down the night before. I try to not put more than 3-6 things on it. Sometimes, he still doesn't help out so much. I think at times guys just don't realize how much work moms do. So, I remind him. One of the most important things I have realized with him is I can't worry about his feelings when I confront him. If I try to go easy even just a little bit so I don't hurt his feelings he thinks it isn't really that big a deal and nothing changes.
September 20th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Regular
Feel for u I must admit I am pretty lucky in the husband department
He helps out most of the time and he cooks every night but sometimes
He will have days where lazing about is ok when I am stressing trying
To get things done..
Hugs
September 21st, 2012, 06:55 AM
Kristina's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Hugs hon my dh used to be like that until he matured more, from 19-25 half the time I wanted to kill him but once my oldest started school he stepped it up and contributes so much more. He has his days where I hide the remote so that he has to get up but overall I am so grateful for all that he does do.

Kristina SAHM of Janessa 16, Xandria 14, Thayer 13, Alorah 10, Nathalia 9, Malayna 7, Sawyer 5, Ryder 3, Kristiana 1 and edd Jan 24

Make a pregnancy ticker

September 21st, 2012, 02:40 PM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
im sorry im sure that is really hard
September 21st, 2012, 02:58 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I hope you get this sorted out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search