fifths disease test results

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 09:47 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
So the IgG test results came back high for fifths disease, that means I've had it in my lifetime. It wasn't just positive, it was HIGH!!! The IgM test came back negative indicating I haven't *recently* had fifths disease, but it will only be positive for 30 or so days and so it wouldn't know if I had it when I first got pregnant. It wasn't completely negative, I think the range was above 0.9 to be positive and mine was 0.4. I really don't know what to make of these test results. IgG and IgM have to do with your immune response to things. Since I work at where I got my tests done, I can look up my own test results. I haven't talked about it with my midwife yet and it was only recently finished today so they will probably receive the results today. The ultrasound tech didn't seem worried about anything even though she said she couldn't tell me much. I figure if something was wrong I would get a vibe, but I didn't. I hope everything is ok. /freakout.

September 20th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
I think everything will be just fine. Try not to stress yourself out. I know that's easier said than done.
September 20th, 2012, 10:20 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope that when you get to talk to your midwife about the results she's able to give you some comfort. In the meantime, relaxing thoughts sent your way for the wait.
September 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
I hope your mw helps reassure you a bit. These things are so frustrating to not just know. thinking about you. Let us know when you get more info.

September 20th, 2012, 10:28 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I am not sure if they will call me about it or just wait until my appointment. I don't see them until next thursday at 5:30pm.

September 20th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Veteran
I hope your midwife is helpful too - and if she's not, ask her if she could refer you to someone more experienced with these sorts of results. Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search