What are you thoughts??

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mamatomany
  • 1 Post By sarah*
  • 1 Post By Mom2twolittlemen

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 08:22 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I need some advice. I came across this amazing nursery idea and we are planning on doing it for baby's nursery. But then I started thinking about what a cool toddler room it would be for Hayden and then just a simple nursery theme for Jackson. So I need some opinions...

Do I make the superhero room's hayden or the nursery??

I guess I am feeling a little bit of mommy guilt thinking about giivng Hayden the "cool" room and not to Jaxon. And also, I fear that in a year when Hayden is 3, he will want a new room and since this room is going to cost an arm and a leg(its a custom), I dont wanna change it in a year!!

Here is the nursery/toddler room we are in the progress of making
September 21st, 2012, 08:28 PM
Super Mommy
Very cute! My gut feeling is that if you think Hayden would like this he'll obviously be able to appreciate it and enjoy it way more than a baby! However, Hayden is only 2 and very likely he will come up with some 'theme' he wants in his room.

I think I'll come down and say do it as the nursery if you love it and get a few cute new things that Hayden likes for his room so he'll feel special. I would wait until he's 4 or 5 and has some clearly defined tastes (that will hopefully stick around for a while) and then let him help chose his room redo.
MommyKent910 likes this.
September 21st, 2012, 08:34 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That what I was thinking. He is already in love with Cars, Buzz, and Mickey, so I know soon he will want something and I dont wanna spend $40+ to be asked to change it
September 21st, 2012, 09:00 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Here is another idea, make the room for Hayden and a cute but basic room for Jaxon. If Hayden wants to move on to something different in a year or so move Jaxon into the toddler room and redo the Nursery for Hayden.

September 22nd, 2012, 01:33 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
My girls are 5 and 4 and have never had an opinion of wHat their room is like or said they don't like it or want it changed, I don't think at that age they are too opinionated on their room I think it will be gone for Hayden for a few years at least if you don't give him the option to suggest room themes I bet you he wouldn't even mention changing it not unless it was put across to him first

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Surrounded likes this.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

September 22nd, 2012, 07:17 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is adorable. I think if it were me I'd give it to the older boy though if he is into super heros.

September 22nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
That is awesome! Love it...
September 22nd, 2012, 08:23 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd do both of their rooms in this theme. Super cool!

My boys will be moving in together sometime soonish, maybe. Orion will move out of his room when Baby Grey is ready to move out of Mommy and Daddy's room and into the crib. Eventually, I hope to decorate up their room. I know that I'll do a Yo Gabba Gabba! theme and want to paint one wall, but paint is expensive and I'm somewhat limited in my house renovations time too.

September 22nd, 2012, 08:49 AM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
Christina, looking at the theme again the bones are very basic. The walsl and furniture is very nuetral all that is super hero is the details. If you wanted to the decal on the curtain can be made to come off and then even the curtains are nuetral. Meaning the room can be reset easily. The trim on the baby comforter is nuetral enough I bet the back side is the trim fabric.

Again the whole concept is darling.

Last edited by Happy Song; September 22nd, 2012 at 08:55 AM.
September 22nd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love love love the decor. You have amazing taste, wish I had a boy to decorate his room like that. That being said, I think your oldest would like it best, and then if he gets bored of it, you can always 'hand it down' to your youngest.

Make a pregnancy ticker
September 22nd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Mrs.Ajalele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mrs.Ajalele
oh my gosh that is awesome lol! Sorry I am not much help with deciding but I just think thats cute.. I guess I see the point in your oldest being able to enjoy it more.

*Always loving and missing my best friend the mother of my beautiful Goddaughter **Marissa Sue** you are always in my heart Mar Mar!* Left this earth to go to Heaven June 22nd 2008*

September 22nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
martilynne's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is really cute! I think it would work great for wither boy.

September 22nd, 2012, 05:02 PM
Mom2twolittlemen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Mom2twolittlemen Send a message via MSN to Mom2twolittlemen
I love it!

I think if your intuition is telling you to stick with it for the baby stick with it. Especially if he is already into other things. Let me tell you, we did Bradley's Pixar Cars room for super inexpensive (however), we did have a cars bed handed down to us already.

Adorable nursery idea! Don't let the guilt get you too bad. He is only 3, he will be happy with what he gets and know no different.
MommyKent910 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search