If I could have my perfect timing..

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 01:12 PM
1st time mom
Ok ok I know that labor will most likely take me by complete suprise and probably at the most random time when I have a million things to do.. But I was just thinking about when would be the perfect time to go into labor and I think it would be like this..

Early in the morning after a long good nights sleep before my husband even leaves for work and after I shower (I hate having my hair unwashed). That way I will be well rested, my DH will be there with me, and hopefully by the time she gets here it will still be good visiting hours at the hospital.

Lol now that I say this watch me go into labor after a long day of doing a million things, right before I'm about to hop into bed.

When would you prefer to go into labor?
January 18th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
haha you said 'good nights sleep' havent had that in months... I will most def not be well rested for labor as Im not well rested on a regular basis. Is it weird that Im looking forward to spending a night in the hospital with the newborn just so I dont have to tend to my DH or my two girls, hehe

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 18th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Super Mommy
With my last I went into labor around 9:45 in the morning and he was born around 11:15 that morning. That was perfect! By the time my older daughter was done with school and the kids came to see the baby, I was pretty well recovered. I also got sleep the night before and had the breakfast things already cleaned up. So, if I could do that again it would be great!
*CrabLegs* and kikismith like this.
January 18th, 2013, 01:45 PM
JoyandNumberFive's Avatar Super Mommy
7 or 8 in the morning would be nice. I went into labor I think around 9am or so with baby #4...he was born in the mid afternoon. It was pretty perfect.
kikismith likes this.

January 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Id love to go into labor early in the morning and have him sometime in the late afternoon that way DS can come visit his brother and family can meet him. Id love to be woken up to have some nice normal contractions, take a shower/bath, get our stuff together and have our sister in law come over to get Hayden. Then a nice drive to the hospital with the hubby and easy nice labor well that was a nice dream
kikismith likes this.
January 18th, 2013, 02:27 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't worry about the shower thing. You'll probably have plenty of time to shower while you are in labor, and unless you're in precipitous labor (the odds don't favor you will be), you'll be able to shower and have plenty of time to boot.

The best time for me would be to go into labor whenever has the baby being born after 6:00pm on a Friday night. I have two Friday babies already, so we'll see if we get three for three.... Saturday or Sunday birth would also be just great.

January 18th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like the idea of starting labor in the morning after a night of sleep, and after breakfast and a shower
January 18th, 2013, 05:10 PM
mykesmomma's Avatar Veteran
It would be awesome to go into labor in the morning around 8 or 9 on a day that my BF is off and hopefully baby would be here by the afternoon. That way during the day DS would be in school and when he got home he could come see his baby sister. I also envision a nice easy labor. Have some mild contractions and get to the hospital and get the epi and just relax until Im ready to push.

A girl could only dream though.

Mychael Todd Allen 10/29/2004
My angel baby went to heaven 1/13/2006
Isabella Rose 2/12/2013

Last edited by mykesmomma; January 18th, 2013 at 05:12 PM.
January 18th, 2013, 05:10 PM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
i would like to go into labor in the morning as well and have the baby in the late afternoon or early evening so my son can come and meet his sisters, plus i am more of a morning person than i am a night person
January 18th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
8 or 9 in the morning would be perfect. Not the middle of the night again. I would hate to have to wake the kids up at 3am. If I have to go in at 9, they can sleep all night, go to Grandma's for the day and come visit me in the afternoon after their naps and when I'm rested. Then, they can just go home with Daddy and have as much as a normal schedule as possible.

January 18th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
I would love to go in labor in the morning time like around 6 or 7am. But, that hasn't happened since my 1st child. I always go in the middle of night when I am super tired. Wishful thinking for me! lol
January 18th, 2013, 07:26 PM
terryterry's Avatar Super Mommy
I don't sleep much right now, so I think I'd like to start laboring in the middle of the night, 2 or 3am, then it would probably be light by the time I needed to head to the hospital, hopefully have the baby early in the day, so I could go home the next day.
January 19th, 2013, 02:28 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
On a weekend when my husband is home, i labour fast!! Id hate to be home alone with the kids and unable to contact anyone, i dont drive either so i would be totally stuck.

January 19th, 2013, 05:00 AM
mistletoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right now I'd be very appreciative if she just waits until I get over this awful cold.
Otherwise, it would be convenient if she arrives on her due date, in the evening.
January 19th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can I just say that breakfast before birth is not ideal for me. I threw up up until the day dd1 was born. Not to mention my bowels were trying to empty out. Juice was the way to go for me.
If I had to labor with this baby I would say morning would be her preference. I suspect that if I go into labor it'll be in the middle of the night. And it would probably be most convenient anyway since we have dd1 now.
January 19th, 2013, 08:36 AM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
I'd rather start labor super early, around 4am, and need to go to the hospital around 8am and have the baby by 10am. Haha! I'd have a better chance of only spending that one day in the hospital if I delivered before noon and be able to go home the next morning. I definitely dont want to go into labor late at night because I really wouldn't have anyone to watch my kids. I'll be full term tomorrow but I'm really hoping for ANY day but the 24th too. Bad blood on that date.
terryterry likes this.
January 19th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm scheduled to be induced no later than Jan 30, so really I'd like to go into labor naturally on Jan 29. I can't imagine I'd labor that fast, so mid-day would be nice - my husband could drive home from work in non-rush hour traffic to pick me up while I pack our last minute things, we'll eat something together (light for me, but heavy for him so he's not complaining later that he's hungry), and then head to the hospital after dinnertime. And then ideal would be baby arriving late (11pm or midnight) so that we could have the night alone with him before people start showing up to visit.

It's a nice fantasy. Instead I'll be induced in the morning, have the baby in the afternoon or evening, and everyone will want to show up the minute he's out.

January 19th, 2013, 09:01 AM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ideally it would be nice to get DD down for bed by 7pm, have a neighbor sleep at our house or her godmother so DH can go with me. Have LO that night or very early next morning. Then DH can go home and sleep until DD wakes up and then bring her to come pick us up later that day because hopefully we could leave the hospital by late afternoon or early evening.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

January 19th, 2013, 10:39 AM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
On a weekend probably late evening say March 2nd! I am a night owl but there's that thing called work that wont let me be! Then i will be able to rest and have family come the next morning hopefully have a lil time to put on some make up and freshen up!
January 20th, 2013, 05:56 AM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
If I could choose the perfect time and day it would be go in labor at 7:30 am, On a Wednesday. Four of my children would be in school and I would only have to have sitters for two of them. Then I would be discharged Friday at before the kids got home from school. That would be perfect for me, but I do know that what ever day or time I can not wait to meet him.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search