Toddlers & Babies....

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By CptStargel
  • 1 Post By sarah*
  • 1 Post By ProjectMama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2013, 02:13 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know a lot of our little penguins have older siblings, so...

How do plan on keeping older siblings occupied while your taking care of the new baby??
??
January 20th, 2013, 02:35 PM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
I wish'd I knew, my smallest is 16 months old so I have no clue about her, she is a momma's girl and really clingy so I am honestly dreading how she may act. The older one's will do like they always do play there game's and do there chore's. I am thinking about getting my smallest some sort of toy that will entertain her mind while I am tending to the baby, also the other kids can play with her so that should help.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
January 20th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DD plays on her own very well. The only problem we run into is when she wants me to sit and read books with her and she wants me to do it for like an hour at a time. I'm not sure what I'm going to do it about that just yet, but as long as I keep her toys organized and available she should be good. She's also a "do-er." She loves to do and help, so I'm thinking that'll keep her little hands and mind busy as well.
She also has some kids games on our tablet, so she'll sit and learn animal names and sounds or paint on it for a bit at a time so I'm hoping that will help keep her entertained. We'll see when the time comes!
January 20th, 2013, 03:08 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yah I dont have a true "plan" but hoping between movies, tv shows, arts & crafts and his leappad & books, I can keep him occupied during the times I have to tend to baby. I guess only time will tell how he will do. He is very into tech things(leappad, movies, Ipad) and I usually try to limit them as much as possible but I think he will get a little more time than usual at first
January 20th, 2013, 03:13 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a feeling she will be attached to me and "helping" with the baby alot. She is very much a mommy's girl and doesn't like to play by herself. If all else fails and I'm desperate I will pull out the iPad. That is a for sure occupier.
MommyKent910 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

January 20th, 2013, 03:29 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Since my girls were 2 and 1 when my son was born i been throigh it all before, i made sure to get lots of toys out daily to keep them entertained, if the worst came i went to my last option... food... every toddler likes food right? It gave me time to feed the baby lol.
MommyKent910 likes this.

January 20th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Annabelle has her "babies" that she likes to take care of, not to mention Nick Jr., Brave, Princess and the Frog, games on my tablet and all of her toys. I don't think I'll have an issue with keeping her occupied. She'll likely want to help a lot with Rose in the beginning, anyway. And since the girls' father and I are separated and we have this absolutely pathetic parenting plan, I only have Annabelle 2 weeks a month so the novelty won't wear off too fast, I don't think.

January 20th, 2013, 04:46 PM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD is 19 months. She loves baby folks so we're going to get her one and have her change her baby/feed her baby and such while I'm doing the same to her new brother. Hopefully that helps.
LuckyOne likes this.
January 20th, 2013, 05:46 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
I definitely seeing DS being by my side 99% of the time trying to "help." Luckily, DH works from home so I know that he'll help out when I'm feeding the baby or doing something with the baby. DS also plays really well by himself and keeps himself occupied so that will help too.
January 20th, 2013, 06:18 PM
pinkpopsicles's Avatar Super Mommy
When my second was born, DS was 2 and LOVED to watch the Sound of Music (of all things ). Everytime I was nursing and needed him to sit I clicked it on. He loved it. He was a very busy little guy though so I did have to master the art of nursing while following him around. I'm not opposed to occational bribery too

January 20th, 2013, 06:29 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom, dad, and sister will be here for a couple weeks so I'm hoping they will entertain her while she gets used to the idea of mommy needing to feed the baby. Then I'm hoping that I can entice her with books. She loves to read books and I think I can manage with one hand while I nurse Clara. DH will be home for about a month too so he will help too.

I'm hoping after we settle in, I'll become supermom and be able to accomplish anything while nursing.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
January 20th, 2013, 06:50 PM
jojow
I am living with my family, so they will be a huge help (I have several younger siblings and my parents).
January 20th, 2013, 07:41 PM
teacher.123's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At first I will have DH home and family in and out to help entertain Savvy. Then I guess I'm in new territory. She is very curious and is a quick learner. She got a baby boy for Christmas and likes to rock and feed him. We need to work on how so puts him to sleep. She throws/drops the baby into the nursery crib. lol

She loves to color, do puzzles, read books, do shape/color flashcards, etc. I think I will have to come up with some easy crafts too.

January 20th, 2013, 09:03 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Pea will still be attending daycare for a few hours a day, and then I should be able to manage I have 2 hands! Pea will be 14 months old, but she's independent and loves to play on her own

January 20th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Veteran
I am dreading this! My little guy will be two at the beginning of February and while independent n a lot of areas, he wants to be carried all the time and he wants all your attention all the time!

January 20th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Mrs.Ajalele's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mrs.Ajalele
DD is pretty good at playing on her own and our down stairs is small and easy to close off the stairs and I can keep a good eye on her. She also loves to play with my kindle and has a couple shows she loves (though I hope to not resort to that more then necessary).

*Always loving and missing my best friend the mother of my beautiful Goddaughter **Marissa Sue** you are always in my heart Mar Mar!* Left this earth to go to Heaven June 22nd 2008*

January 20th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My girls are big helpers and they love babies so I expect to have them nearby quite a bit. Otherwise, they play well together plus dh will be home. I read to them a lot and will probably do that while nursing.

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
January 20th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Super Mommy
My 4 year old loves to help me out and is already very pro Maggie. I actually have to keep the cleaning wipes put away so he doesn't try to reclean everything he sees me clean. He is also getting a bit impatient for her to get here.

My 2 year old I think will be curious but he is going through a bit of a trying time right now that I am hoping we work through before she gets here. I try really hard to involve the kids in things concerning Maggie and hope to continue that when she gets here. Aidan I know will want to be very involved and Connor I am hoping will want to be really involved so he doesn't act out too much.
January 21st, 2013, 07:02 AM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
My youngest Brianna is very clingy so Im not sure how Im going to entertain her. Im hoping the older kids can help me out with her when Dad is not around. As far as everyone else they pretty much occupy their time with coloring, games, and playing outside.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search