Last growth scan this morning

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By AmyLM
  • 1 Post By Rebelmommy
  • 1 Post By eiramillek
  • 2 Post By Surrounded
  • 1 Post By calijk
  • 1 Post By Nyzira
  • 1 Post By jeangeorge2742728
  • 1 Post By sarah*
  • 3 Post By chickadee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2013, 03:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My last growth scan at the perinatologist's office was this morning. Baby's overall rate of growth has stayed the same, but his abdominal growth has slowed and the current measurment is 9th percentile. Not low enough for them to induce this week, which on the one hand I'm glad about, but on the other I'm worried about how he'll fare over the coming week. Everything else looks ok though - cord blood flow is good, blood flow to the brain is good, etc. It's interesting; his long bone measurements are not that far below normal, so it seems like he's pretty normal length but skinny. I can't wait to fatten him up once he arrives. Current weight estimate is 6 lbs 1 oz, and unless my OB says differently tomorrow it looks like the induction will be next week.

January 21st, 2013, 04:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hearing that the blood flow is good, is good! This sounds pretty much just like what happened with my oldest DD. She was very healthy and just little at 5lbs 10ozs. No problems whatsoever!
chickadee likes this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
January 21st, 2013, 05:29 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I want to like this because baby's growth over all has not slowed, however I am not going to and instead I will sending you lots of growing baby vibes I'm hoping you get a good almost 7 pounder when they induce next week
chickadee likes this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

January 21st, 2013, 05:43 PM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope he continues to grow! I'm sure he's just going to be a little guy but perfectly healthy!
chickadee likes this.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
January 21st, 2013, 06:20 PM
Super Mommy
We have the same due date (I think) and my baby is measuring about the same as yours. On Thursday when I had my u/s they said she was 5lbs 15oz. I vote yay for the smaller babies...less to push out
chickadee and Rebelmommy like this.
January 21st, 2013, 06:26 PM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
glad things are looking good..
chickadee likes this.
January 21st, 2013, 08:34 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
Nothing wrong with little. My first was 6 lbs, 8 oz and 18 3/4 in and she was born at 40 weeks. This one will be a week early and probably about the same size. I go for my 38 wk appt/NST/AFI tomorrow morning. Hopefully it'll be my last NST since I'll be induced next week, as well.

Here's to hoping for a healthy baby for you next week!
chickadee likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 03:18 AM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
Nothing wrong with little babies, my last dd was 5 lbs 2 ozs but perfectly healthy.
chickadee likes this.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
January 22nd, 2013, 06:16 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Ditto dont worry! My first was 5lb 13oz at 40 weeks, she was perfectly healthy xsure your little guy will be fine
chickadee likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for the reassurance, ladies. At this point and at his current size I am really only worried about his measurments in the sense that they are an indicator that he's not getting enough from me. I'm glad the overall growth stayed the same, just concerned that his tummy growth slowed. I want to be able to make him big and strong and healthy.

So, the fun never ends. Today I had an appointment with my OB, and it seems I gained 10 lbs over the past week. TEN POUNDS. In a week. Insanity. I keep telling them at these appointments that I'm retaining a lot of water, and they keep saying "yeah, that happens in pregnancy." Well, 10 lbs was enough to make them take notice this week, and though my blood pressure continues to be normal (110/71 today) and there is no protein in my urine, my OB wants to rule out pre-e given the fluid retention. So, they took blood before I left today and gave me the instructions for the 24 hour urine collection, and if they see any indication of pre-e in the results I'll be induced right away (Thurs? Fri? not sure when the results will be back). If everything looks normal and I'm just retaining a lot of water (I'm pretty sure this is the case), my induction will start next Tuesday night at 8pm.

Exciting right up until the end! LOL. I'm sure everything is fine, but I appreciate my OB's caution. I also appreciated hearing today from the office manager (when she took me through the induction instructions) that when my OB induces it rarely results in a C-section unless the baby is in distress. He's really an awesome doctor, and I feel very good in his care.
Nyzira, AmyLM and Rebelmommy like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search