39 week appointment

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sarah*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Super Mommy
I had my 39 week appt today and it went very well. BP is good and baby's heart rate is good. She is still head down but very high up with pretty much nothing happening as far as my cervix goes. Everything is high up. It felt like my dr was digging for gold when trying to feel anything. Needless to say, no one is worried about me delivering when he is out of town.

My doctor's only concern right now is since she is so high and my body not doing anything to prep for the birth is that I may end up with an induction and he knows I don't want that. But, he is a very good dr and isn't pushy or anything which is fabulous! He just brings it up as a possibility if I don't make any progress or she doesn't move down at all by 41-42 weeks.

My mom had to be induced with my brother. He was due Dec 16 and had him Jan 10! I am a firm believer in family history so I know it is possible that I may have to have an induction but I'll keep walking and stay active to work her out.

Next week I'll see a different doctor while mine is out of town and if there is no Maggie by next week he wants to see me earlier in the week since I typically go in on Thursdays.
January 29th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay for a great appointment!
January 29th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I love a non-pushy doctor! So happy you had a good appointment!

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
January 30th, 2013, 03:03 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Thats great your doctor is not pushy :-) i do hope you manage to go into labour by yourself and avoid induction, i remember with my son they had me booked in for induction 14days past my due date and i had him 12 days past, i tried everything to get him out lol.
Surrounded likes this.

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

January 30th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Super Mommy
I have a friend booked for induction with her last and her mother and husband had her doing all sorts of crazy stuff to work the baby out. They had her sitting on her bottom bumping down stairs and trying to get her to jump on the bed. That was a Saturday evening and her induction was scheduled for that Monday. She was so sore the next day but did go into labor. Unfortunately, it was the 1 birth she decided to go natural with and not only was she already sore but he came out sunny side up.
January 30th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
Hope you get to avoid the induction and Hooray for non pushy Dr.'s!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

January 30th, 2013, 08:28 AM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
Glad that it went well for the most part and that your doc isnt pushing you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search