Lurking from March DDC...question for you ladies

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mykesmomma
  • 2 Post By Blieving4more

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Blieving4more's Avatar ready 4 my miracle
Yesterday I lost my mucus plug and Dr confirmed "yes that's your bloody show". I am 3cm dilated and 50% effaced. She said that I could possibly have him any day now. I have been having contractions for weeks now and yesterday after the cervical check they became more intense but then slowed down again. You ladies that just had your babies, how long before you lost your mucus plug, or had bloody show (i believe its the same) did you go in to labor? I am working from home today and am nervous to work in the office if my water may break any time now.

Any advice would be appreciated!
January 30th, 2013, 08:14 AM
jojow
For me, my mucous plug is whitish or clear and usually abundant when I start losing it. Bloody show is the mucous mixed with blood and I've never had bloody show until I was actually in labor.
January 30th, 2013, 09:48 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, the mucus plug is a clear, brownish, green, or yellowish tinged mucus (Yes, the color range of the mucus that comes out of your nose is the same color range for this mucus too.). Bloody show is generally more like thick and clear with streaks of blood in it. It should be fairly obvious if it's bloody show or just a little of the mucus plug. The mucus plug CAN be lost and regrow as well.

As for how long after losing the mucus plug and bloody show labor started, I haven't had my 2013 baby yet, but for my first, I started losing my mucus plug on a Tuesday morning and went into full labor late Wednesday night. With my second, I had a membrane sweep at forty-three weeks plus three in hopes that it would start labor and keep me from having to have an induction. I had bloody show later that night and went into heavy labor late the next night. Labor tends to follow fairly quickly after complete loss of the mucus plug/ bloody show.

January 30th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Super Mommy
With this little one I didnt lose my plug. I woke up from a nap and my water had broken! Sorry I couldnt help you out.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

January 30th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
I've always bloody show a day or 2 before I went into actual labor. Good luck to you!

January 30th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I have not had it yet with this baby but with my last two I went into labor both times within 2-3 days of losing it! good luck to you!
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

January 30th, 2013, 11:35 AM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I started losing mine at 34 weeks during my first pregnancy. Looking back I think I only "artificially" lost it, because I was being checked for dilation. Now I am not being checked at all and I haven't lost any plug. Sometimes I'm a bit more mucousy and hopeful, but it's not it. I will be really excited to see it this time since it's legitimately being lost!

January 30th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Super Mommy
With my first I lost it with all the bloody show around 35 weeks and my son was born 2 1/2 weeks later. With my second I didn't lose anything until I was in full on labor in the hospital. I didn't even have any dilation or thinning until I was in actual labor.
January 30th, 2013, 12:27 PM
mykesmomma's Avatar Veteran
I am 37+1 today. I lost my mucus plug about a week ago. I asked to be checked at my appointment last week and was not dialated. I have been having contractions, but nothing closer than 10 minutes apart. I didnt ask to be checked at my appointment today because I didnt want to be disappointed if I wasnt dialated.

Good luck!
Rebelmommy likes this.

Mychael Todd Allen 10/29/2004
My angel baby went to heaven 1/13/2006
Isabella Rose 2/12/2013
January 30th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I gave birth a little under 2 days with dd1 after losing my mucus plug with bloody show.
January 30th, 2013, 01:35 PM
lisadlv's Avatar Veteran
I lost my mucus plug at almost 34 weeks, and I continued to have a massive amount of slimmy discharge all the way up to Monday when I was 35+5, my water broke in the afternoon and I had baby. It can vary with everyone and every pregnancy. With my last son I didn't lose it till I was in labor. With my daughter I lost it at 35 weeks and had her at 37 weeks. With my first I did not lose it because I had to be induced and lost it during labor.
January 31st, 2013, 08:32 AM
Blieving4more's Avatar ready 4 my miracle
Thank you ladies for sharing all of your experiences with me. I wish my doctor would not have told me that I would be having my LO any day now since now I am just playing this hurry up and wait game. I decided to go to work today and just try my best to go about my life like a normal woman who is a few days shy of 36 weeks pregnant. I still have my contractions and the immense pressure down there but I just need to get my mind off of all of this and try to allow my body to do whatever it is doing whenever it is ready to do it. Trying this whole mind over matter thing!
cheezpoofs and mamatomany like this.
February 2nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
BB4CaLs's Avatar ~Brycen's Mommy~
I lost mine 5 days before I gave birth with both boys..one at 38 weeks one at 28 weeks.

Callie (26) Dan (25) parents to Brycen Cade (March 6, 2011) and Bennett Reis, born 28 weeks 4 days (November 16, 2012)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search