post partum feelings?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Ravado
  • 3 Post By wishing
  • 1 Post By KerryJo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
For those who have had their babies already how are you feeling?

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
January 31st, 2013, 06:11 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am feeling pretty good. I have had a couple weepy moments but it is hard to say if it is due to sleep deprivation or hormones.

I had a dream where my dad was there and he said God let him come visit me and my daughter and that he loved us and then he kissed my forehead and left. That induced a day long sob fest (and i still cry every time i think about it), but again, i think that is situational, not hormonal.

How are you feeling? I know having a preemie in the nicu can compound all the feelings after birth.
wishing and chickadee like this.

January 31st, 2013, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow that would be very emotional. Sometimes I do believe those dreams are something. I dreamed once while I was planning my wedding that my son came to me and told me where to get married because he would be there waiting for me so he could walk with me that day...needless to say thats where I got married.

I am ok. It was really hard while she was in the NICU I was angry and sad, and jelous all the time. She is home now and doing well but I am still not back to the real me yet.
chickadee, Ravado and lisadlv like this.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
January 31st, 2013, 09:10 AM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm mostly feeling like myself now. I've had a bit of the baby blues but it isn't too bad and I think I'm handling it ok. Some of it might be more situational.

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

January 31st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Super Mommy
I have been doing pretty good. Just dealing with some frustration with DH. He is getting all his stuff he wants to do at night like work out and get his run in but I get left hanging with having no help with the kids for me to either run errands or do things around the house. He was doing so good with helping out with Shelby at night and that went out the door pretty quickly.

I am pretty pissy with him now because I just want some simple help and I keep telling him I cant do all this around the house and deal with both kids when I go back to work which will be as soon as I get my FMLA stuff situated (another vent I wont go into now).
wishing likes this.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

January 31st, 2013, 10:24 PM
lisadlv's Avatar Veteran
I am seriously tired and drained. I get so jealous of the ladies taking their babies home when I go in to visit River. I feel so guilty when I leave her and cry the entire way home. I don't believe it is depression, just being so tired. I do pretty good at home but when I go into see her I just get so emotional. Justin has been so helpful with everything so far. He keeps telling me to spend all the time that I can with her when he gets home from work. He takes care of everything after work which is sooo helpful but there is only so much easy food I can handle so I started making dinner. The week is dragging by and I can't stand it. She is suppose to come home on Sunday. They will be doing the carseat test on her for 90 min tomorrow, they want to make sure that her breathing stays under control while in that position.
January 31st, 2013, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryJo View Post
I have been doing pretty good. Just dealing with some frustration with DH. He is getting all his stuff he wants to do at night like work out and get his run in but I get left hanging with having no help with the kids for me to either run errands or do things around the house. He was doing so good with helping out with Shelby at night and that went out the door pretty quickly.

I am pretty pissy with him now because I just want some simple help and I keep telling him I cant do all this around the house and deal with both kids when I go back to work which will be as soon as I get my FMLA stuff situated (another vent I wont go into now).
I'm sorry that it's been difficult with your DH. Sometimes men deal with certain situations their own way. My husband reacted differently with each child. Try to give him patience and talk with him when you aren't very upset. Also, I can sympathize with the FMLA stuff. I think we've had my doctor fill out three different forms so that my husband can finally take some time off of work. I hope that works out for you quickly. *hugs*

Last edited by FullOfGrace; January 31st, 2013 at 11:29 PM.
February 2nd, 2013, 08:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've had periods most days where I'm pretty sad/upset, though it was definitely worse at first and better now than it was. Getting a bit more sleep the past 2-3 days has helped a lot I think, but I still cry quite a bit. Trying to remember that this too shall pass and I will be feeling more and more like myself every day.

Irritations with my husband though... that has been tough to deal with.

Ravado and wishing, I cried reading about your dreams.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search