Nesting like crazy!

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By LuckyOne
  • 1 Post By Surrounded
  • 2 Post By ratladee
  • 2 Post By NED2392
  • 1 Post By LuckyOne
  • 1 Post By Hoping

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 03:05 PM
Regular
So I'm 38 weeks 1 day. I've been in early labor for 5 days. Today I decided our house needed to be cleaned. So I did the usual vacuuming, mopping, dusting, scrubbed counters, cleaned the bathroom. But I decided more needed to be done. So I dusted our closet doors. (They're the old ones that have the slats going half way down.) I organized the coat and shoe closet. I organized the pots and pans cupboard. I cleaned the wall behind the stove that didn't need to be cleaned but it had spot on it. I washed the dogs water bowl with soap because i thought it needed it. I also cleaned the wall behind his food and water dish. Then I cleaned the wall behind the trash can to make sure no stray food was lurking anywhere. Then I decided the trash can needed to be cleaned itself. I'm hoping this is my bodies way of saying get ready! How are you ladies doing with the nesting?
February 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm working on reorganizing my room which means laundry: wash, dry, move to another drawer/dresser depending on who they belong to. Cleaning up toys, toys, toys, and books. Endless! I've also been doing some shopping for last minute things. I wish I had more energy and didn't feel like I was going to fall over and pass out after just a few minutes. I don't remember feeling like this with dd1. I remember being able to clean tirelessly when I was pregnant with her!
NED2392 likes this.
February 1st, 2013, 03:51 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Nope. Sloth mode round these parts. Could use some of that energy!!

February 1st, 2013, 04:19 PM
Super Mommy
I make lists of things that need to get done but my hips hurt too much to let me stay on my feet all day and actually do it. We have a lot of work to get done tomorrow and hubs doesn't know it yet but he will be doing the brunt of the work.
NED2392 likes this.
February 1st, 2013, 05:31 PM
May 2013 Cohost
Hi, popping over from May...I am in nesting mode too! I've been buying tons of baby clothes and have also been doing a lot of cleaning/organizing at home.
February 1st, 2013, 06:58 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Yup. ok changed my mind, me and pea just cleaned the whole down stairs!
NED2392 and Surrounded like this.

February 1st, 2013, 08:14 PM
Regular
I usually take a nap when I lay DD down but my body told me heck no you don't need a nap! Then I ate a ton of food! Not sure what all that means! Hoping to have a baby soon. I've had so much energy I'm scaring myself.
LuckyOne and Surrounded like this.
February 2nd, 2013, 12:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you're pretty close to labor!
NED2392 likes this.
February 2nd, 2013, 03:49 AM
Hoping's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I might be in early labor too. I contracted all day yesterday then woke up with them and hour ago. My uterus is so tight feeling all the time then gets tighter randomly. This is my third baby and I have never done this before. No clue what to expect. I have been induced with both of mine so I know what labor feels like but only with pitocin not contractions on my own

Anyway...

I am nesting like crazy too. I wish it was late enough for my kids and dh to be awake so we could start working!! I have so much to do. Not one baby outfit or pj's are washed the nursery isn't set up, and now I am feeling like I might need to pack my bags. My uterus just feels funny. Something is up.
NED2392 likes this.

Our Two Miracles!
Alexis Jade 5/28/08 and Evan Russell 6/28/10
Always Remembering our 3 angels in heaven
February 2nd, 2013, 06:39 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I go through spurts but nothing as crazy as cleaning the floor with a toothbrush or anything.

February 2nd, 2013, 06:58 AM
MiaVena's Avatar Proud Mommy
wish i could get any energy to do all that right now i just feel really tired and i keep on coughing through everything i do.

February 2nd, 2013, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoping View Post
I think I might be in early labor too. I contracted all day yesterday then woke up with them and hour ago. My uterus is so tight feeling all the time then gets tighter randomly. This is my third baby and I have never done this before. No clue what to expect. I have been induced with both of mine so I know what labor feels like but only with pitocin not contractions on my own

Anyway...

I am nesting like crazy too. I wish it was late enough for my kids and dh to be awake so we could start working!! I have so much to do. Not one baby outfit or pj's are washed the nursery isn't set up, and now I am feeling like I might need to pack my bags. My uterus just feels funny. Something is up.
Sounds like your baby is prepping for labor. My contractions are normally painful if they are the real thing. The other day I got the urge to pack a bag, wash clothes, and get everything ready so little by little I've been trying to chip away at it. It's taking forever, feels like so much to do.

This morning I woke up at 4 am to research breastfeeding, acid reflux, and how to make those cotton gauze swaddle blankets that they sell for an outrages price. The lights were off so I couldn't crochet, knit, or walk around cleaning so I figured I'd just research, something I can't do when my toddler's up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratladee View Post
Yup. ok changed my mind, me and pea just cleaned the whole down stairs!
How do you even do that? Dd loves to help me clean which means by the end everything I put away she's started playing with again so it's on the floor or she's "refolded" laundry, etc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search