How much weight did you lose after delivery?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 12:48 PM
So, I shouldn't be stepping on the scale the same day I come home from the hospital but I couldnt resist. I have lost only 7lbs. and the baby weighed over 7lbs. Is it all the water gain? I had a cesearean.
I' m not worried about it as I know from my previous pregnacies that it takes some time. I guess its just curiosity.
February 3rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I haven't checked this time around, but I wanted you to know that when my DS1 was born he weighed 10 pounds and I didn't even lose that much by the time I left the hospital, so you aren't alone there
FullOfGrace likes this.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

February 3rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would assume you've lost water weight but honestly I don't think I saw much weight change till after about two weeks. By the month mark I think I had lost 30 lbs. I also breastfed, I think it definitely helped me drop weight.
February 3rd, 2013, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure it's water retention. I didn't have the courage to step on the scale when I got home from the hospital, but I'd be surprised if I wasn't at least 20 lbs heavier than when I went into labor. I also had a c-section, and I was full of so much fluid that my maternity pants didn't fit, my shoes didn't fit, etc. I finally got on te scale yesterday at 10 days pp, and was down more than 20 lbs from the day before I delivered. This morning I was down another 4 lbs. So glad all that water is finally dropping off!
NED2392 and FullOfGrace like this.

February 3rd, 2013, 01:13 PM
mykesmomma's Avatar Veteran
I will honestly probably be one step on the scale the day I come home too!

Mychael Todd Allen 10/29/2004
My angel baby went to heaven 1/13/2006
Isabella Rose 2/12/2013
February 3rd, 2013, 01:46 PM
jojow
I imagine it is water retention, especially with a c-section and all the IV fluids you would have had. I usually lose 15ish lbs at delivery, but I've never had an IV during labor and my swelling starts to go away really quickly. Everyone's different. I wouldn't worry, I bet it'll start dropping off soon!
FullOfGrace likes this.
February 3rd, 2013, 03:01 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
I usually never check until week 2 after baby is here. I had so much swelling and water retention at first that it just didn't make sense to even bother. With all of my kids, I lost about 15lbs after week 2.
February 3rd, 2013, 04:01 PM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
I had a c-section with my son and had so much water retention I probably weighed more after I had him , I think at my 2 week check to remove my staples I had lost a good 10 pounds, but I lost all my weight after 3 months
February 3rd, 2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommymaize View Post
I usually never check until week 2 after baby is here. I had so much swelling and water retention at first that it just didn't make sense to even bother. With all of my kids, I lost about 15lbs after week 2.
This is my fourth and I've not checked this early before so I was a bit surprised but not overly disappointed when I saw the number. It will come off. Just takes time.
February 3rd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Super Mommy
I didnt start to weigh myself until a few days after I got home. It took about 7 days or so to get back to prepreggo weight.
FullOfGrace likes this.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

February 3rd, 2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryJo View Post
I didnt start to weigh myself until a few days after I got home. It took about 7 days or so to get back to prepreggo weight.
Now that is fast! Good job! I gain a lot. This time it was 40lbs. So, yeah, I have a long way to go.
February 3rd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullOfGrace View Post
Now that is fast! Good job! I gain a lot. This time it was 40lbs. So, yeah, I have a long way to go.
I had only gained about 22lbs. If I would have gone another 4 weeks I am sure I would have added a bit more weight It also helped that Shelby was 7.1lbs when she was born and was about half of my weight gain.

February 4th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am sure there is a lot of water weight from the iv. I weighed myself after about 2 weeks and had lost a little over 20 lbs.

February 4th, 2013, 06:35 AM
I gained 17 and Dylan weighed 8'10. I'm hoping to be to ppw by six week check up but I still need to lose about 25 to be happy
February 9th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Deimoska's Avatar Super Mommy
I lost only 8lbs and gained 30.

February 9th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I just weighed myself (9 days PP) and I have 10 pounds left to lose before I get back to pre-pregnancy weight.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

February 9th, 2013, 07:16 AM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yikes! I probably won't be on a scale until my 6 week PP visit!! Lol! Appearance wise my belly looks like it did at 6-7 months only more soft and my legs and feed are way more swollen than they ever were during pregnancy. I just gave birth 36 hours ago so only time will tell how this weight is shed, but with BFing and having a toddler at home I should be back down by 6 weeks if not close to it.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

February 9th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Super Mommy
I have noticed I am still REALLY fluffy and when I get a bit bloated you would have thought I was still preggo. BLAH!

February 9th, 2013, 09:15 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I gained 30 lbs each pregnancy.

I don't remember with dd.
with ds I was only down a couple lbs when I got home.
I weighed myself yesterday when I got home and was down 13lbs.

February 9th, 2013, 09:49 PM
lisadlv's Avatar Veteran
I haven't weighed myself but I do know that I now fit into my prepregnancy clothes, pans and all. It honestly feels good to have more than three outfits to wear. Everyone loses the weight differently, I am just a freak of nature, a rubberband lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search