question about waters breaking. ( update - blood tinged discharge)

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 01:11 PM
MiaVena's Avatar Proud Mommy
something watery started leaking, but in a very small amounts and its odorless, colorless, BUT little sticky like mucus. It just keeps coming randomly, but could it be my waters breaking slowly? Or is it just wishful thinking and its actually just increased discharge. I dont have any pains, but some very minor irregular BHs.

And even if it is my waters breaking... when should i go to hospital? Because without painful contractions they might not sign me in there just yet.

UPDATE: just went to the toilet... wiped and there it was... reddish, brownish mucus-discharge.. not very thick at all, but it freaked me out... what is it????

Last edited by MiaVena; February 3rd, 2013 at 02:13 PM.
February 3rd, 2013, 01:29 PM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
It's possible for your water to break and just be a little trickle. As for when to go in, it depends on your hospital's and doctor's policy. Typically, they like for you to give birth within 24 hours of your water breaking due to increased risk for infection and fetal distress. My doctor always told me to head straight to L&D as soon as my water broke so I could be monitored and could get labour going if it didn't start rolling on it's own.

In other words, call your caregiver. If nothing else, they can do a quick test to see if it's your water or just discharge.

February 3rd, 2013, 02:12 PM
Regular
I just went to l and d for this same thing this morning. I started leaking randomly last night an it didn't smell, didn't have a color, just would leak out of me randomly and was a little sticky on my legs. So I thought maybe it was my waters and I waited all night to see if something more woul happen. ( been havin contractions since last Monday). Nothing did so I called l and d an I went in. For me it was just regular discharge, no waters leaking. But that's not to say it'll be the same for you. If you're really concerned or curious you could always get checked. good luck

That night be your bloody show or it could be from leaking waters! Sounds to me like you'll have a baby very soon! Congrats and good luck!!!!
February 3rd, 2013, 02:30 PM
calijk's Avatar First Time Mommy!
mucous plug??
February 3rd, 2013, 02:31 PM
jojow
Sounds like bloody show. Things might be starting soon!
February 3rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
its so late and all i could do is call the regular 24/7 doctors line and they said the same ... that it might be the mucous plug... but it scares me because it doesnt look like a plug at all.. its just like regular sticky discharge only increased and leaky and blood stained.
February 3rd, 2013, 02:51 PM
jeangeorge2742728's Avatar Crazy Momma 2 seven
When I started losing my plug Thursday it was blood tinged, then it went to a thick yellow color sometime's it was clear but thick. If you believe it's your water then head in and get checked out, that is what they are there for.
Samuel (Sammy) Wesley 5-27-07
Kaitlynn Faith 6-11-08
MaryJean Hope 9-16-11
Ethan Curtis 02-06-13
February 3rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
Sounds like you could be having bloody show. Combine that with possible leakage and I'd probably call the doc and see what their emergency number wants you to do.
February 3rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like it may be MP? You should call just in case, especially with the fluid too. Good luck, keep us posted!
February 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
now also getting some contractions that are not very painful (more like mild menstrual cramps) every 10-13 minutes
February 3rd, 2013, 05:38 PM
jojow
Sounds like labor is starting. Have you called?
February 3rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like labor! You should call. Not sure how soon they would want you to come in to L&D. If I remember correctly, you live in a different country, they may have different guidelines than most OB's here in the US. (I think most OB's say 5-10 minutes apart) Good luck! Thinking positive thoughts for you!
February 3rd, 2013, 06:30 PM
lisadlv's Avatar Veteran
I had this happen last monday. I was having really thick discharge for over a week then on monday I was having a watery discharge. At first I was like hmm wonder what it could be. I layoff down for a but and was feeling slight contractions got up to plug my phone in to time them and bama huge gush of my water breaking. I thought I peed my pants but I couldn't hold hold it in. I had mt little girl that night.
February 3rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
im trying to sleep it through tonight, because i remember my m/w telling me that i shouldnt go to the hospital as soon as contractions start.. that i should stay home and wait for them to become regular and about 5 mins apart... also strong. Just in case i wouldnt go in with false labor. Well anyways as for now i dont leak much anymore...some spots here and there... and contractions happen often... they are painful....but sadly irregular (15mins, 7 minutes, 11 minutes, 10 minutes apart etc)Most of these contractions last about 50-57seconds and some over 1 minute. (downloaded an app for my phone) Lets see, what morning brings.
NED2392 likes this.
February 3rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you're in labor. Hope you can get some rest tonight!
February 3rd, 2013, 08:58 PM
so its 6.56am and im still having contractions every 10 minutes. Pain varies... some of the contractions are soooo painful, but some pass by without me even noticing much. Very small amounts of fluid is leaking and there is no pink color to it anymore. Decided i should go in within 2 hours and see what they say.
February 3rd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a good plan, the worst that can happen is that they'll send you home but really sounds like you're in labor now. Wishing you the best of luck!
February 3rd, 2013, 09:07 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Just wanted to add that cervical change can cause capillaries to burst which would explain the blood tinge. Good luck! Sounds like things are moving along!

February 3rd, 2013, 11:13 PM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
Good luck, sounds like labor !
February 3rd, 2013, 11:45 PM
Regular
Sounds like everything is moving along good luck!! Will be thinking of you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search