Pain medication after delivery ?

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2013, 05:52 AM
I think my dr hates me. She wants to send me home with just Motrin.
I always have been given something stronger. I have 3 stitches, major backache, and lots of
Rectal pain. This is my 4th so I also have severe uterine contractions as well
Does anyone have any thoughts? What did you get for relief?
February 4th, 2013, 06:02 AM
ProjectMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't delivered this baby yet but with my daughter they gave me percocet (sp?) and I took two after getting home (they had only given me tylenol at the hospital) and it made me feel awful, like couldn't walk without falling into walls. I only took tylenol after that.

Do you think they would give you something stronger if you asked for it?
February 4th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only took home the 800 motrins. They offered me sething stronger and I said no. I regret that.

February 4th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
I was given Percocet and Motrin in the hospital and was sent home with Tylox and Motrin. Seems weird that they won't give you anything stronger. Try asking for it?

February 4th, 2013, 06:29 AM
The nurse just checked me and said it looked painful. I felt weird asking.. Like they would think something. But I'm just in a lot of pain! Do you think certain doctors are more empathetic? She is about 35 no kids and she hasn't seemed very understanding the whole time
February 4th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would tell them it's not cutting for you, you need something stronger. I think theory gave me percocet or viocodin after dd1. You should ask while you're there jusdt in case you have a reaction to the meds. As long as you've not been asking for drugs I don't think the doctor will think anything of it.
February 4th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
I always do fine with ibuprofen 800. I'm sorry your in so much pain.

February 4th, 2013, 08:03 AM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
I just took Motrin and Tylenol with switching them off pretty frequently. I always denied the stronger meds just because I hate taking meds period and usually strong meds and I do not get along - I get sick with a lot of them.
February 4th, 2013, 10:47 AM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't get sent anything with my first. They just told me I could take motrin as needed as home and I only took it the first day or two. Hope your pain subsides soon.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

February 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM
artisticmind's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With Riley I was sent home with an order for Darvocet and motrin, switching them every 3 hours if I remember right. I actually only ended up taking the Darvocet the first couple days home and then just motrin.

If you feel like you need something stronger, ask. You know your body as where a doctor or nurse doesn't.

Baby Girl expected 2.12.13!

Annie :wife to JJ and mommy to Riley
missing our Feb. 2012
February 4th, 2013, 11:03 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was offered Percocet or Motrin while at the hospital but was sent home with just the 800 mg ibuprofen. I opted against Percocet because I've never taken it before and didn't want it to make me sleepy.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 4th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Veteran
It won't hurt to ask. Everybody tolerates pain differently. It's not thier job to judge you, they are supposed to do what they can to help you.
Hokie Nicole likes this.

February 4th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Super Mommy
With my last deliveries they wrote prescriptions for ibuprofen and vicodin. I never had the vicodin filled but did the ibuprofen for a couple days with my first. With my second I only took them for about a day.
February 4th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have always been given scripts for vicodin but did not have to fill them. I would ask for something stronger if I needed it if I were you.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
February 4th, 2013, 06:48 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was sent home with Motrin and stool softner.

February 4th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I envy all of you that can get by with just ibuprofen. 6 days out and I'm still in tears with pain when I get out of bed, walk, use the restroom, etc... and I didn't even get any stitches. I'm starting to wonder if there's not something else going on down there that's contributing to the pain because I don't recall feeling like this after my first.

Emily, just ask for something stronger. All they can do is say no. They're not going to kick you out or anything for asking.

February 4th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Thanks ladies. I did get motrin and a norco prescription. I just got a bad vibe from her earlier when I asked if there was something I could get for sleep. So I was nervous. I am in pain too.. Especially w uterine contractions and the stitches.
February 5th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Glad they gave you something. I can see her being like that over being asked for a sedative. They generally want you to be able to wake up to take care of baby. But something for pain shouldn't get you any judgement. Hope you can feel better now.

February 5th, 2013, 03:55 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
I hope you feel better soon !
February 5th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Ravado's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am with Nyzira unfortunatly. I had stitches and those seem fine and my cramping is long gone but my pelvis still hurts so bad. If i sit squarely on my seat bones on a hard surface it feels like my pelvis is going to break in two. Heck it hurts to sit and pee on the toilet (tmi, sorry). I hope it is just temporary and will go away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search