Getting the ball rolling...

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By CptStargel
  • 1 Post By Tribeccatops
  • 3 Post By Sassalota

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Tribeccatops's Avatar Member
So I decided to start a thread so that we could document any measures that we've decided to take to "help" us go into labor and any results.

Today I ate pineapple for dessert after lunch, lol, and had ONE contraction. I do plan on going for a walk sometime today....

what about you?
February 5th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I ate a whole pineapple on Friday. Had some contractions but nothing significant. Today I'm walking on our treadmill for as long as I possibly can! And I may do a prenatal yoga class tomorrow night.

We'll see!!!
February 5th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Regular
I had a little bit of pineapple last night, but I only had a couple contractions that were a little stronger than the rest I'm having. I tried some spicy chicken breast but that didn't help. Tried dtd still nothing. Lol. I'm gonna give up!
February 5th, 2013, 01:06 PM
1st time mom
My doctor told me that walking wont help start labor at all, but that once your in labor it can help it progress. I'm only 38 weeks so I'm not doing anything to start labor yet but we still DTD and that doesn't seem to do anything. Once I hit 40 weeks I will be buying some pineapple and trying some different things.
February 5th, 2013, 02:19 PM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ate an entire pineapple the other night, nada! Lol! That's all I've tried and I was really craving that darn pineapple!
NED2392 likes this.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

February 5th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Veteran
Omogsh I love pinapple but my heartburn would never forgive me for eatting it . I am not trying anything. Baby will come when ready. I don't have the energy to do all this extra stuff.
February 5th, 2013, 02:48 PM
disturbedangel121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to disturbedangel121 Send a message via MSN to disturbedangel121 Send a message via Yahoo to disturbedangel121
I have been craving pineapple my entire pregnancy and eating 1 every week or two depending if I happen to buy one during my weekly shopping trips. I got another one Friday and it's still sitting in my fridge as I haven't wanted it enough yet to cut it lol.

We have still been DTD regularly as well (I think the last time was Sunday?) but don't foresee that in the near future as DH is sick..

So I haven't really done anything lately but still having sporadic contractions. I wish they would make up their mind one way or another!

February 5th, 2013, 02:58 PM
So, just got back from an acupuncturist. I had a contraction with the needles in. Afterward, She told me to get fresh okra, slice it, boil it. Then, eat the okra and drink the water it was boiled in. I asked her what to expect, she said that my contractions should be stronger. She also said that if I haven't delivered by tomorrow, lol, that for a mere fee of $85 I can get another session in the morning and that it should do it... Needless to say, I feel like a chump
February 5th, 2013, 03:11 PM
jojow
I'm not doing anything here because they won't do a thing unless my body and the baby are ready and at 38+2 I don't want to push anything. Good luck!
February 5th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, let's see....

EPO to soften cervix, sex, walking when I have contractions to keep them going, pineapple, RRLT to make contractions more effective, black cohosh, and I let my ob strip my membranes. Oh yeah, and praying.

Nothing has worked and this kid is never coming out.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!

Last edited by AmyLM; February 5th, 2013 at 03:30 PM.
February 5th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLM View Post
Love it! I feel the exact same way... I don't want to be induced. I would rather try all these things and maybe one of them get me in labor than to have to ride the pitocin roller coaster and all the other scary interventions that might just land me with a c-section. At least I can say that I did all the natural ways to get things going.

I'm glad I'm not alone in this
NED2392 likes this.
February 5th, 2013, 05:00 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLM View Post
Well, let's see....

I feel the same way!

I've done EPO vaginally 3x a day, sex, walking, bouncing on an exercise ball, nipple stimulation, pineapple, etc. I may be 3cm as of yesterday morning, but still no baby here!
February 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Super Mommy
I noticed when I am really active I have contractions but they are just BH. Today, I took my kids to pump it up, an indoor inflatable play area, and then came home and raked my backyard. NOTHING! Not even a BH
February 6th, 2013, 07:40 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
I tried nipple stimulation one night, and bouncing on a ball another.. haven;t tried anything else, i know none of the pineapple, walking, sex etc works as i tried it when over due with my son! lol

February 8th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Veteran
For me stuff only happens when I don't want it too. Here is my plan.

So, I bought maternity underwear from Motherhood. It came in packs of three and each pack had a white pair. I was like "why would they make white maternity underwear....I mean without going into detail we all know what is going on down there".

So I never really wore the white ones. Last night I was like, I going put on pretty nice new white pair of underwear and see what happens. I mean come on, your asking for it. So, About 2 hours later, I felt my mucus plus start to come out. I was like "I should of wore these undies 2 weeks ago".

So, then I thought, what else can I do? In our bedroom we have white sheets and a white comfortable on our bed but I haven't been sleeping in there because our bed hurts my belly. I decided it was worth the cause. I was going to sleep in my white sheets without a towel and maybe my water would break???????

I woke up in the middle of the night soaked. Did my water break? Nope, just night sweats like crazy. I still think it might work though. So, I am going to continue to wear my BEST light colored clothing and go out in public hoping my water will break. Something about my life says that stuff only happens to me when it is least convenient and most embarrassing. If I sit around and want it to happen it won't. I am thinking of wear white pants to church on Sunday and sitting in the front pew.....That is asking for your water to break.
February 8th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Super Mommy
Sassalot- You are a very brave crazy woman! And hilarious to boot!

Today I have cleaned everything I could reach. I also made a list of things for my husband to clean because he is the one that gunked it up and I refuse.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search