over due app

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By mamatomany
  • 2 Post By Tribeccatops
  • 1 Post By chickadee
  • 1 Post By Surrounded

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Super Mommy
So I overdue. I was expecting that though. At my app the doc checked my cervix and it hurt so bad it made me nasueas. Has that ever happened to anyone? I am scared how I will tolerate labor when I can't even get my cervix checked.

I have had false labor everyday for the last 10 days. Last night I had cramps all night and only slept an hour. How am I ever going to have the energy to get through this?

The nurse made the comment that I am almost the most pregnant person that they have EVER had. Imagine how that made me feel.

I was so tired and sick after that cervix check I came home and slept for 6 hours. Now I feel like a zombie.

Anyway no baby. Now I need to make dinner and no ideas. Not hungry. ugg.

Last edited by Sassalota; February 5th, 2013 at 03:39 PM.
February 5th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Super Mommy
I'm ten days over today. 10! I have to admit I was expecting to go a little earlier than ten days, but now that I'm 5 cm dilated and lost some mucous plug today I guess it can't possibly be much longer!

I know they would break my water if I wanted, but honestly I know what to expect if I wait for it to go on its own and I don't want to mess with it. Hang in there, you're almost done!
Sassalota likes this.
February 5th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Tribeccatops's Avatar Member
At first I thought the title meant that there was an actual app in the apple store for overdue pregnant women... I was about to jump on it. I don't know what it would entail...lol.

Anywho, I had a really terrible cervical check yesterday that involved the midwife "pulling my cervix forward", I've been bleeding ever since. I literally feel your pain.

I hope you get your appetite back soon.
chickadee and Sassalota like this.
February 5th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Super Mommy
I had some "cleaning out" all day (sorry TMI). Not sure if that is from the pain or sometimes they say it could be the start of labor. I really don't know where women find the energy to endure labor after 9 months of pregnancy. I mean if I could do labor and child birth back 9 months ago when I was skinny, I could rock that. Now I can't even get out of the bath tub without causing a huge commotion.

I know at my hospital they only allow clear liquids aftr you are in labor. I was wondering if anyone every asked for a red bull to get through it. Kidding I have never had an energy drink but it might be tempting. Can you imagine baby coming out all hopped up.
February 5th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are nauseous and not feeling that great. I know what you mean about the tiredness though. I am having a hard time doing the simplest things. It is very frustrating. I want some energy back, and where is that nesting instinct when I want it? I hope it gets better, and that you feel better too!

Red bull during delivery, now that would be interesting!
February 5th, 2013, 05:57 PM
tryn1998's Avatar Veteran
Sometimes cervical checks can hurt really bad. With DD2 I swear they were trying to grab my throat from my cervix. It hurt like hell. If you are having some discharge, that's normal after a check. I had bloody show after mine yesterday morning and I'm still here, not in labor My due date is Monday so I'm not overdue yet but I was overdue with DD2 so I know how ya feel.
February 5th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if this is reassuring or not, but: The cervical checks I had at OB appointments before I was dilated felt fine, but the cervical checks I had after I was dilated and in labor were SUPER painful. I don't know what they were doing up there, but holy cow - those checks were terrible. More painful than the back labor, which was really awful. From my limited experience then I'd deduce that even if your check was painful, you'll manage labor a-ok.

Anyway, I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. I was getting really uncomfortable at 38 weeks, so I can only imagine how you're feeling at 40+. Hang in there; this too shall pass, and soon the discomfort will be behind you and you'll have your beautiful baby in your arms. In the meantime, do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself and be as comfortable as possible, and vent here whenever you need to. You'll make it through this.
Sassalota likes this.

February 5th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Super Mommy
I understand the painful cervical check. I think my dr. gets confused and digs for gold rather than my cervix. Just think though, you may feel like a zombie but you are a zombie who got partially caught up on all the sleep you have been missing.
Sassalota likes this.
February 6th, 2013, 08:36 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Going over due is no fun hope baby comes soon!

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (32)
together for 11 years married for 5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search