40 weeks today

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Surrounded

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Super Mommy
Had my 40 week appointment today and it went really well. I saw a different dr since mine is on vacation and the wonderful thing is he is all for natural child birth. Apparently, Maggie is staging a sit-in and strongly protesting coming out though he did say my cervix is softish. Also, it didn't hurt when he felt my cervix which is good since my dr. feels like he is searching for gold when he checks. I'm not sure if it didn't hurt at all because it has softened or just due to it being a different dr. I took my kids to play at one of those indoor inflatable parks for a couple hours then came home and raked the backyard. I haven't had a single contraction all day! One thing the dr. did tell me was with a bicornuated uterus a woman typically has the first born early (which I did) and the next one later and then later as it gets stretched out. I'm not sure if it just doesn't tighten up back to original size or what.

Also, he did bring up induction due to the fact that I am 40 weeks today and have made absolutely no progress and with my uterus I have the potential to really keep going. So, they are going to go ahead and schedule one for next Thursday and I will see my doctor Monday. The one thing the dr I saw today stressed is the induction can easily be cancelled and he would prefer that I go naturally. With DS#2 I was completely closed up and no dilation until I actually went into labor so we are hoping that is just the case with this one.

I'm hoping she comes out very soon though. As much as I do not want to be induced I am not sure how much more my hip can take. As it is, I have trouble standing up starting around the afternoon and by evening walking is difficult. I probably need a chiropractor but I have to see if insurance will cover any of it first.
JLNichols07 likes this.
February 6th, 2013, 12:08 AM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
Sending labour vibes! I really hope she comes out on her own x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 6th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Veteran
Sounds like a good doc. I have the same hip thing and I just wonder if it effects child birth or will as my mom tells me, I will be in so much pain, I wont notice my hip.

Nothing wrong with going a few days over. Your doing well.
February 6th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Super Mommy
I think it will only affect delivery if I tense up too much for the muscle to relax. My problem is I have a bit of compression in the sacral area and it causes muscle tension. The more weight that is added the more tension the muscle experiences making it more painful. I notice that I go to bed on my side but lately I have been waking up flat on my back which so far is the most comfortable position I have found to deliver in.

I can feel something going on. Not much but something. Everytime I keep telling Maggie to get on with it but she is still here. Keep sending those labor vibes my way!
February 6th, 2013, 02:55 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
I too think he is a great doctor!! He sounds really nice and patient. LABOR VIBES!!! Come on girly!! Go dtd!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search