Help after delivery

Forum: February 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To February 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 08:40 PM
What kind of help will you or do you have after delivery? This is my 4th and I'm overwhelmed. I don't have much help. I just was curious what other ladies were going through.
February 5th, 2013, 11:06 PM
sarah*'s Avatar Loving My Piglets
This is also my 4th, my husband gets two weeks paternity leave, hopefully by then I will have some sort of routine falling into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sarah (27) married to Stuart (31)
together for 10.5 years married for 4.5 years.
mummy too....
Ryleigh (8yrs - April 24th 2006)
Rhianna (7yrs - June 7th 2007)
Lacey (6yrs - June 5th 2008)
Lucas (4yrs - April 26th 2010)
Connor (1yrs - February 15th 2013)

February 6th, 2013, 02:03 AM
eiramillek's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My mom, dad, and sister are here for about a week and a half and my husband took a month off.

BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
February 6th, 2013, 03:57 AM
CptStargel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH has 10 days of paternity and took an additional 2 weeks of vacation. This is only our 2nd. Our family lives so far away that it's just us, but when they "helped" with our first it was way over stressed so we are going to try going it alone this time.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my amazing siggy!!!

February 6th, 2013, 05:36 AM
jojow
I'm living with my family (parents and 8 siblings) so I will have tons of help. I think I'll have to fight them to hold the baby. It wasn't like this in the past though. All I used to have was my ex and he kind of tried to be helpful but often just made things harder.
February 6th, 2013, 07:42 AM
1st time mom
My husband won't be taking time off work other than the 2 hospital days. So my mom will take a couple vacation days just in case I want her help. She won't be staying here but it will be nice to know she is just a phone call away.
February 6th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Nyzira's Avatar Just call me Bam.
Send a message via AIM to Nyzira
My mom lives just a couple miles down the road so she comes over every day to help out. I live with 2 friends and my brother so they help to occupy my oldest when I need them to. I definitely couldn't do this alone, though.

February 6th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Veteran
My DH will take a week off. My mom lives here and will help with meals. I have friends already emailing me about my gluten free diet so I know they are planning on dropping some meals off too.

The big "if" is the MIL. She wants to come stay a week but she is not help and whenever she is around my hubby and I fight and it causes stress on our relationship and she would come when he is working so i would have to be here with her alone with baby. I am trying to get out of it. Everyone is telling me "grandparents need to see their grandbabies"., like i am being unreasonable but if she is going to stress me out more, I think she needs to wait until I am more settled. Anyway, I don't think my baby is every coming out of my belly so it shouldn't be a problem.
February 6th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Super Mommy
Dh got 4 days off and that was it, this is #4 here too and i have to say im overwehlmed! its insane at my house and having a csection sucks when its buisy! next week dh goes away for a week, so ill be taking over all responsibilities....well techinically im already doing everything, except picking my daughter up from skating..so that i will be doing next week too.
it would also be nice if dh would take care of atleast one of the kids, or help with baby..but he just comes home and eats, and then does his stuff. its driving me batty!

February 6th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Super Mommy
My parents are 45 minutes away. My mom doesn't have the most reliable car but she will try to come visit on Saturdays especially when t-ball season for my oldest gets going. I could go visit her house and have my older 2 entertained while I spend time with her and Maggie but my sister lives there and is always sick so I am really trying to avoid going over there with a newbie. Other than that hubs will take a couple days off work depending on when she comes. If she comes Wednesday afternoon or Thursday he will take the rest of the week off but` if she comes on a Friday he will only be home Saturday. I think we'll be good though. My MIL didn't even know our due date until Sunday and she typically expects us to go out to Fl to see her so I don't have to worry about housing and cleaning up after an extra person.
February 6th, 2013, 09:35 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
I will have my mom and dh for a few weeks than its just me most of the time
February 6th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Rebelmommy's Avatar Mommy to controlled chaos
I have no help, DH went back to work today so that he is able to use his time that he has available to him to attend Creightons Dr.'s appointments in the beginning. It has been a tad overwhelming and chaotic.
Talon
(12/05/05) Creighton (01/31/13) (05/02/14)

February 6th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Super Mommy
it was just DH and I along with my BFF helping out when she can. DH took off 2 days but was able to flex his schedule around to take DS to and from school and for drs appts. We originally had a plan in place for our family to come in from out of town to help (today was supposed to be my induction but she decided to come on 1/12). My sister arrived last night. My parents fly in the 8th. Sister leaves the 11th and then inlaws fly in the 14th. My parents leave the 15th. My inlaws will be staying until March 16th.

Thank Kiliki for the siggy!!

February 6th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Mommytoeight2013's Avatar Super Mommy
This will be my 8th child. My husband is taking a week off. We don't have any family up here but we do have a couple of friends that are willing to help some. We have a 13 year old daughter that's real helpful. That's about it for us.

February 6th, 2013, 01:20 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is taking off the first day or so but then he is going back to work. Luckily he works from 4-9 most days(when my in-laws, parents & sister in law are home from work/school) My grandma is gonna come to town for a week but Im not sure how much help she is going to be.
February 6th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Veteran
My mom lives over 4 hours away, so she won't be able to help much hands on, but I'm sure she will be great emotional support. DH will be here for 3 days and then he will have to go back to finish his out-of town build. He'll be back in town 1st week of March, working local for a few months, thank goodness. MIL and Grand MIL are going to be my hands on help. This will be a new experience for all involved.

February 6th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH is taking a few days off to be at the hospital with me, but he'll also be alternating with my siblings so he can spend some time with DD1 and we don't have emotional issues there. I'm delivering on a Friday, so he'll take Friday-whenever they release me and then he'll probably work from home the rest of the week. Once we get home my sister will be helping along with my other siblings whether it's with the new baby or with DD1. My sister will also be helping keep DD1 while I'm at the hospital. If my family wasn't around then it would just be DH and I and then he would definitely not be able to spend nights with me at the hospital. This is the plan so far, but we'll see how everything pans out with DD1 and how she reacts to the new baby.
February 6th, 2013, 03:08 PM
ratladee's Avatar Madison Marie, My Sweet P
Hubby can't take more than a day off probably. He has paternity leave but it's unpaid so we are foregoing it. So I won't have much help, but he does work at home! So hopefully he can take Pea to daycare in the morning and then maybe I can pick her up later... There is no way I could stand for her to be at daycare all day. I already feel bad enough for getting knocked up so quick. I don't want her to feel left out

February 6th, 2013, 05:05 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom and dh are both taking a week off.

February 7th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My mother in law is coming out to be with us. She thinks it may only be a for a couple/few days instead of the original week we thought. It sounds like she doesn't have much time off, so I think we will have her come out after we bring baby home. We originally wanted her at the hospital, and of course at home with us afterwards. But, if she only has a few days off, then we wouldn't want to waste her "help" while I am still at the hospital.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search